+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Towerpedia! Art Contest

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Towerpedia! Art Contest

As many of you know, not every person, place or thing in the Dark Tower series has artwork available for it. Since I like having artwork in the Towerpedia! articles, I've come up with a little plan that will hopefully get the artwork I need as well as provide you all with a little fun and a chance to show off your artistic skills.

We are going to have art contests based on what artwork I'm looking for. I will start a separate thread for each piece of artwork I am commissioning, and members can submit their artwork to that thread. I will keep the thread open for a minimum of two weeks, but if you see the deadline is approaching and need more time, PM or email me at daghain@thedarktower.org and I'll extend it up to two more. When the submission deadline is reached, members will be allowed to vote on their favorite submission, which will then be placed in the appropriate article in Towerpedia! for a minimum of one month, with a credit to the artist on that page. In addition, the winner of each contest will receive a cool silicone bracelet in black with "Hile, Gunslinger" on one side and "www.thedarktower.org" on the other. You'll have to PM me your address, but I promise to keep it top secret, AND I'll pay the postage. What could be better?

Please read the guidelines before posting, and have fun!
    Last edited by Daghain; 05-16-2010 at 07:49 PM.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dags, are we in line for another contest soon?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I was hoping Matty would get the new wiki in place first, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'll take a look and see if I can get something started in a couple weeks - I'm traveling off and on until about mid-May and my Internet access is going to be minimal.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Er, sorry?! Did I give you a permission slip for that?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Er, sorry, was I supposed to ask you?

Traveler Ailm is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a place you can view the Dark Tower art competitions?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ailm View Post
    The threads are around here, but most of the art has been removed long ago (broken links, artist withdraw etc.).

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailm View Post
    The threads are around here, but most of the art has been removed long ago (broken links, artist withdraw etc.).
    Small fires for insurance claims...a ruse to kill the Ex VIA smoke inhalation...
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler sheemiee is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Confused

just finished my cement sculpture of Long tall and ugly - came out pretty great I reckon .

My Mood
    Confused

image mayhaps?

My Mood
    Confused

third time lucky ??

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sheemiee View Post
    third time lucky ??
    ?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    third time lucky ??
    ?
    https://darktowerjunky.wordpress.com...-junkies-door/

tried to get picture over here - but failed miserably !https://darktowerjunky.wordpress.com...-junkies-door/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow, that looks amazing!

Could be that you don't have 5 posts yet, which I believe you need to post images. Or possibly posting to the page, but not just the image?

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wow, that looks amazing!

Could be that you don't have 5 posts yet, which I believe you need to post images. Or possibly posting to the page, but not just the image?

Is that in your garden? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Wow, that looks amazing!

thanks for posting this heather - I gave up, noob that I am !

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wow, that looks amazing!

Is that in your garden? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeh, I've been sculpting it for a few weeks now- cool eh

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

thanks for posting this heather - I gave up, noob that I am !
    You're welcome. You have 5 posts now, so it should hopefully work the next time you try
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant piece.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thats fantastic!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very impressive!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great job, sheemiee!
    If you are going through hell - keep going

+ Reply to Thread