Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Horror Writing Contest

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Horror Writing Contest

Details here: http://comicsforge.com/2011/04/we-ar...izes-and-cash/

Some awesome prizes!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, that sounds fab. Must get thinking cap on

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

grr, no pages load for bears... stupid Internet

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool contest...now I just need to come up with 100 pages of material

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha, just imagine it though, I'm really stoked for it!

Jean, I'll see if I can copy and paste if you're still having no luck

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes I can!

Horror Happy Hour and Comics Forge are teaming on a joint project to feature new horror writers. This is a very cool contest for writers of modern horror books that want to win a contest. This is being jointly sponsored by Horror Happy Hour and Comics Forge, and here is what you can win.

First Prize – (There is just one of these) The best book that we read as determined by Comics Forge and Horror Happy Hour Staff will get:

50 copies of their book purchased by Comics Forge, and be a featured writer at our booth at ZomBCon in Seattle.

Win $100.00 dollars

Set up as a Kickstarter project to turn the best horror novel into a horror graphic novel via Dead Tree Comics

Featured review on both Horror Happy Hour and Comics Forge with the review posted to everywhere the author is selling their book

Second and Third Prize – (there are two of these) – the next best books that we read as determined by Comics Forge and Horror Happy Hour Staff will get:

25 Copies of their book purchased by Comics Forge and be a featured writer at our booth at ZomBCon in Seattle.

Win $50.00

Featured review on both Horror Happy Hour and Comics Forge with the review posted to everywhere the author is selling their book

Fourth and Fifth Prize – (there are two of these) – the next best books that we read as determined by Comics Forge and Horror Happy Hour staff will get:

25 Copies of their book purchased by Comics Forge and be a featured writer at our booth at ZomBCon in Seattle.

How to submit your book

Send two copies of your book to two different places, one to comics forge in Seattle, and one to Horror Happy Hour in New York. Contact Comics Forge or Horror Happy Hour on our sites to get the address you need to ship to, if we put an address up online we will get a lot of paper from people wanting to give us a ton of other stuff we don’t want.

Put somewhere on the envelope that this is for the HHH/CF Contest so we know what we are getting and how to route them to our readers.

The book must be a book, no ideas, no outlines, it must be a complete book of at least 100 pages (if you win the first prize, we have to have something to work with for your project).

It can be any genre of horror, but must be horror, no dragon riding fantasy please, sexy is cool though, but no bodice rippers please.

Drop us a cover letter with your name, address, and contact information.

Only the winners will be notified that they won, there will be no other notifications. You will be splashed across both web sites fairly rapidly so be prepared for publicity please.

No submitted entries will be returned, so no original manuscripts please, just your finished and printed book, self-printing is awesome by the way.

All submissions must be received by 01 August 2011, any submissions after that date we cannot accept into the contest because we have to read them, then we have to contact you, then we have to get the books in our hot little hands by time ZomBCon rolls around. The earlier the better on this one, you can submit anytime between now and then.

If you are the first prize winner, we will need you to sign a limited release for your book so we can legally work with it to turn it into a graphic novel.

Good Luck!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i might just throw my hat into the ring for this... hmmm
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

whenever/wherever I ship anything, it will never be there by August 1, or any other date

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, surely it'll be there by some August 1st.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...in some universe.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

No. It's like "jam tomorrow". My shipment will always come anywhere after the deadline, and no amount of logic reasoning will make anyone believe that "after this deadline" is the same as "before the next deadline".

Ricky's remark, however, makes me wonder what might happen if I don't ship it, but deliver it personally. Where will I end up?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

R'Lyeh or todash. It amounts to about the same.

Brices might maybe end up with a story. I don't know if I will in time though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)