Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    For those of you that will be receiving these at cost that little star under Pinky is a reputation button.
    Pressed!
    Thank you good sir!

All of the books were shipped today. I'm fairly sure I sent you all PMs with tracking info.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you that will be receiving these at cost that little star under Pinky is a reputation button.
    Pressed!
    Thank you good sir!

All of the books were shipped today. I'm fairly sure I sent you all PMs with tracking info.
    Arrived safe and sound into the UK today :-)
    It looks a really nice edition. Very happy!

Thanks again to Brian

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Gris Grimly is including a color pencil sketch of a Jack-O-Lantern in each copy of The Halloween Tree purchased thru his site if ordered before Halloween.

https://www.madcreator.com/store/index.cfm
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Gris Grimly is including a color pencil sketch of a Jack-O-Lantern in each copy of The Halloween Tree purchased thru his site if ordered before Halloween.

I saw that. I am also entrigued about whether any prints will go for sale

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

I saw that. I am also entrigued about whether any prints will go for sale
    They have them at Creature Features as well as original art. You have to contact them for the originals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-HALLOWEE...item3aaf21bb3b

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link..... $91 for the print, is ok....but then $51 for shipping? I'll pass!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link..... $91 for the print, is ok....but then $51 for shipping? I'll pass!
    Yikes, I guess you're out of the country? Maybe sent Creature Features a message and ask them what actual shipping would be. Or you could contact Gris thru his website and see if he has prints.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was still a lot of original artwork from the Halloween tree avail to buy. Every piece from the book was on display and there were probably 8 or 9 pumpkins still avail.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have a copy of the deluxe Halloween Tree from Gauntlet - from back in 2005? What are those like? Is it a nice production? Worth the price on eBay? Just curious.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found this at a Friends of the Library today. First printing of the first paperback edition of A Medicine for Melancholy (Bantam, 1960). It has a little chip in the front (probably from a sticker extraction), but otherwise it is in great shape. Excited to add this to my Bradbury collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Several collectible-grade, signed first edition copies of Bradbury's later books posted to the Other Authors/Classified thread. In additional to the titles listed, we have several others available that need good homes. Feel free to drop a PM if you have a "needed" on your list.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Several collectible-grade, signed first edition copies of Bradbury's later books posted to the Other Authors/Classified thread. In additional to the titles listed, we have several others available that need good homes. Feel free to drop a PM if you have a "needed" on your list.
    If you don't mind me asking, what book store/publisher are you representing? Personal quirk of mine as I like to know who I am dealing with and supporting. Your rep seems great just like to get fully behind the enterprise. Again, just a personal quirk of my own. Nothing untoward intended or sought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what book store/publisher are you representing? Personal quirk of mine as I like to know who I am dealing with and supporting. Your rep seems great just like to get fully behind the enterprise. Again, just a personal quirk of my own. Nothing untoward intended or sought.
    --and nothing untoward taken.

Actually, it's just me. I've been a reader and collector for many years, and started on eBay back in the late '90s, selling items from my own collection to help pay the bills when my daughters were young. That's grown over the years, as I found that I enjoy selling (almost) as much as collecting (if not reading). Our current and now primary eBay account, biblio.phage, was set up in 2008. I do some consignment work, and work with some private collectors to buy and sell certain items.

These days, my own collecting centers around a dozen or so authors at the core and several newer discoveries that will hopefully stand the test of time. In addition to Mr. King, many of the authors that I like have dedicated threads here, and I try and contribute where and when I can.

Hope that helps!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, it's just me. I've been a reader and collector for many years, and started on eBay back in the late '90s, selling items from my own collection to help pay the bills when my daughters were young. That's grown over the years, as I found that I enjoy selling (almost) as much as collecting (if not reading). Our current and now primary eBay account, biblio.phage, was set up in 2008. I do some consignment work, and work with some private collectors to buy and sell certain items.

These days, my own collecting centers around a dozen or so authors at the core and several newer discoveries that will hopefully stand the test of time. In addition to Mr. King, many of the authors that I like have dedicated threads here, and I try and contribute where and when I can.

Hope that helps!

Oh, yeah. That's very cool. It was just the way you said "we" and such that made me think it was a store or something. FWIW I recognize the handle. If I haven't purchased from you in the past, I've seriously considered doing so. Now I'll add you to my ebay "Favorite sellers" list. You just never know what I may "have to have" in the future. Thanks for the info!!! There are a few other members who make similar references and I always wonder "Well, exactly who or what store/publisher are you with"? LOL Like I said just a personal quirk of mine. I have a few of those!! LOL LOL

Edit: BTW If I recall correctly didn't you donate to the 2015 HF? If so, be sure to chime in here...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Donation-Wall

...and let us know your wishes for the "Donation Wall".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hope that helps!

Oh, yeah. It was just the way you said "we" and such that made me think it was a store or something. FWIW I recognize the handle. If I haven't purchased from you in the past, I've seriously considered doing so. Now I'll add you to my ebay "Favorite sellers" list. You just never know what I may "have to have" in the future. Thanks for the info!!! There are a few other members who make similar references and I always wonder "Well, exactly who or what store/publisher are you with"? LOL Like I said just a personal quirk of mine. I have a few of those!! LOL LOL
    The "we" is in reference to my dear wife and partner in all things, without whom I would no doubt have long ago slipped away.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope that helps!

Oh, yeah. It was just the way you said "we" and such that made me think it was a store or something. FWIW I recognize the handle. If I haven't purchased from you in the past, I've seriously considered doing so. Now I'll add you to my ebay "Favorite sellers" list. You just never know what I may "have to have" in the future. Thanks for the info!!! There are a few other members who make similar references and I always wonder "Well, exactly who or what store/publisher are you with"? LOL Like I said just a personal quirk of mine. I have a few of those!! LOL LOL
    The "we" is in reference to my dear wife and partner in all things, without whom I would no doubt have long ago slipped away.
    Oh, I know from whence you speak. Same here, my friend.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope that helps!

Oh, yeah. That's very cool. It was just the way you said "we" and such that made me think it was a store or something. FWIW I recognize the handle. If I haven't purchased from you in the past, I've seriously considered doing so. Now I'll add you to my ebay "Favorite sellers" list. You just never know what I may "have to have" in the future. Thanks for the info!!! There are a few other members who make similar references and I always wonder "Well, exactly who or what store/publisher are you with"? LOL Like I said just a personal quirk of mine. I have a few of those!! LOL LOL

Edit: BTW If I recall correctly didn't you donate to the 2015 HF? If so, be sure to chime in here...

I actually just purchased a Charles Beaumont proof from you a few weeks ago. Who knew?!

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Hope that helps!

I actually just purchased a Charles Beaumont proof from you a few weeks ago. Who knew?!
    That was a cool item!

Hope that helps!

I did, and will again. We all do what we can.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

New S/L of Something Wicked This Way Comes being put out by PS and also offered by Subterranean. Run of 274, signed by Glenn Chadbourne and Peter Crowther.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...this_way_comes
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/someth...ury-3662-p.asp

There's also the lettered edition. I might have treated myself to this edition if a different illustrator had been used.

sk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm not a huge Chadbourne fan either but in this instance I love the story and I think his art may (possibly) be a really good fit. Actually I'd guess that it ends up looking a lot like The Dark Man.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably my favorite Bradbury story and should be an automatic buy, but GC as the illustrator has me considering a total pass on this one.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm just thankful that I have my Gauntlet Press S/L HC. I still would have passed w/ that Chadbourne art, but at least the Gauntlet edition makes it all moot for me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/someth...ury-3662-p.asp

There's also the lettered edition. I might have treated myself to this edition if a different illustrator had been used.

sk
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a huge Chadbourne fan either but in this instance I love the story and I think his art may (possibly) be a really good fit. Actually I'd guess that it ends up looking a lot like The Dark Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Probably my favorite Bradbury story and should be an automatic buy, but GC as the illustrator has me considering a total pass on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I'm just thankful that I have my Gauntlet Press S/L HC. I still would have passed w/ that Chadbourne art, but at least the Gauntlet edition makes it all moot for me.
    You folks are certainly entitled to your respective opinions, but are you aware that, Glen peruses these boards often? He is also a great friend to this site and the HF. Perhaps, he is also guilty of trying to please folks more than he should. I don't mean to call you particular folks out, but it seems like a lot of folks here carry on about, Glen quite a bit more than is really necessary. The man has a family to feed and this is his chosen vocation. I'm sure you guys have families to feed and would not appreciate someone trying to take food off your table.

You're entitled to your opinions of course. Perhaps just consider the ramifications of them once in a while is all. Not everything you think needs to be espoused in a public forum that anyone including publishers and such can read. I don't believe he is crapping on your work regularly now is he? My mother used to tell me, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". I'm merely suggesting you give some thought to voicing your opinions before posting. Certainly I have committed my fair share of transgressions over the years. However, fortunately the good folks around here have always held me to account for them. Just consider perhaps it is enough, for everyone here, with the "Chadbourne-bashing" already. Flame away on me, but give it some thought, okay?

Edit:

Spoiler:
    Full disclosure, in addition to being a very, very nice man, Glen is a dear friend as well. I understand that "Art" is subjective and an artist needs "thick skin", but it seems to me that no other artist represented here bears as much mention, good or bad as, Glen seems to receive. Yes, he is prolific perhaps, to his detriment, but he needs to work in order to earn. Just a little respect for a man earning a living is all is all that I am suggesting. I'm sure it is unintentional, but there can be ramifications. All I am saying is give this some consideration in the future. Again, I apologize if it seems like I am calling you folks out. Just happened upon these particular posts and it occurred to me that maybe it was time we (collectively) put an end to something that has become a popular trend herein. We a much better community than this, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast