Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Ray Bradbury

I have quite a bit of Bradbury books, and will be adding them as time permits, but we'll start slow with just a of couple pictures.

btw, I always say Bradbury and King are my two favorite living authors, so I'm a big fan.

Fahrenheit 451 - The Limited Editions Club 1982

This one is unique in the fact that the spine and the boards of the book are bound in aluminum. This is my only metal book. I have multiple metal traycases for some of the books I own, but this is the only book bound in metal.

Geoff

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here a the Fahrenheit 451 50th Anniversary Edition (one of a few 50th anniversary books) by Graham Press. Published in 2005.

This one is cool because it does not have the same Mugnaini images that adore most editions of Fahrenheit 451, the artist here is Ralph Steadman.

Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of many incarnations of the old edition of Fahrenheit 451 published by Easton Press. There is a signed copy, many red cover incarnations and a black cover signed by Bradbury. All of them are essentially the same book with the same Joe Mugnaini illustrations inside.

This is the 2011 Slipcased Limited from Easton Press. It's the best edition by Easton so far. It again has the same Joe Mugnaini illustrations but it also adds about 8 new illustrations by Adrian Chesterman. Plus it's signed and numbered.

Geoff

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice - although I don't collect Bradbury, I do have one book I can add - The Machineries of Joy (limited to 100 deluxe copies, signed by Bradbury and Neil Gaiman, who wrote the introduction):

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a another 50th Anniversary Edition - trade.

And here is a 40th Anniversary Edition - trade

Geoff

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh! Love all the Bradbury. Thanks for putting up the pics. I only have the 2011 Easton of Fahrenheit, but I do have a few of the PS Publishing S/Ls, like Eric's above, and a couple from Gauntlet. I'll post them here as I have time.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems like a good place to post this: Live Forever: An Anthology of All New Stories in Honor of Ray Bradbury, edited by Sam Weller and Mort Castle, will be released Summer 2012. Contributors include Robert McCammon, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, and lots more.

Hunter

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is good news.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That stuff is all very, very cool. Really, but collect this!!!!!

Last edited by Merlin1958; 04-20-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That stuff is all very, very cool. Really, but collect this!!!!!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/70b...e-ray-bradbury
    Fahrenheit 69! Very very funny...LMAO

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That vid is up for a Hugo award this year. Best dramatic short form presentation. Freaking hilarious, Rachel Bloom is.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

'Something wicked this way will come....................and by "come" I mean .................................................. .

LOL LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel Bloom actually met Ray Bradbury after that video. He wanted to meet her after that video made such a fuss on the internet. I thought that was very cool!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That it is, Cutter. I have to admit, the song is rather addictive, too!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Houston? We have a Throblem!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Rachel Bloom actually met Ray Bradbury after that video. He wanted to meet her after that video made such a fuss on the internet. I thought that was very cool!
    Very cool of him indeed.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He was just trying to make a young gals dream come true.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"come" true???? lol I think it might have been the other way around!!!! Go get em Ray!!!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff, I love all your Bradbury editions, especially all the F451 limited editions. I look forward to seeing more of your Bradbury collection (and everyone else's as well, of course).

It ain't much, but here's what I've got (quotes are from my Collection thread):

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have always loved Ray Bradbury. Here is an S/L (one of many versions) of one of my favorite books. Yet another opportunity I learned about from another SK collector.

Signatures:
    A signed 1st/1st of FROM THE DUST RETURNED by Ray Bradbury.

I don't know anything about the story, but I love the author and the price was right.

From author Ray Bradbury:
    MARIONETTES, INC. and an unrelated chapbook, THE SHOP OF THE ELECTRICAL INSECTS [Neither is signed]

I also have the signed limited edition of MACHINERIES OF JOY. Eric posted photos just upthread.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Patrick, I didn't know that Special Edition of Fahrenheit 451 was slipcased.

I'll try to get some more pictures up soon.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Patrick, I didn't know that Special Edition of Fahrenheit 451 was slipcased.

Are you saying that I have a signed limited edition of F-451 that you don't own? I am flabbergasted, Geoff.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect Ray Bradbury for a longer time, of cause i have the only one German signed limited Ray Bradbury Book (pic is comming...)
    But now, here is something ... small

Ray Bradbury The Dragon Chapbook Footsteps Press signed limited 300/94 with color cellophane circle on pictorial wrapper. Blue, green and red cellophane circles are available

Last edited by Stockerlone; 04-07-2012 at 09:47 AM.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying that I have a signed limited edition of F-451 that you don't own? I am flabbergasted, Geoff.
    lol, sadly I own too many copies of Fahrenheit 451.

Here is an interesting item. It's a Triptych of three images from the Martian Chronicles that Hill House was doing before it folded and Subterranean Press took over. I really love the artwork. It's framed and signed by both Bradbury and the artist Edward Miller.

Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here some pictures of the lettered Edition of The Cat's Pajama's also from Hill House. It is slipcased then traycased. Everything is bound in silk. It came with a bonus chapbook and framed art print. An amazing deal for the price, imo.

And here is the framed Bradbury artwork. Sometimes the artwork by Bradbury can be somewhat good. I like this one by him.

Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are two Bradbury chapbooks by Roy A. Squires Press. They were a high class chapbook press. These two chapbooks are letterpress and encased in an envelope. That Ghost, That Bride of Time is from 1976 and Old Ahab's Friend, and Friend to Noah, Speaks His Piece is from 1971.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast