Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Best episode of the season so far. And apparently, not a body double.
    They were saying, yes that wasn't Dany's body. It was the same thing in season 5 with Cersei. Emilia now has a clause in her contract that she isn't naked anymore. She is now too "special" to do frontal nudity anymore. Eva Green still does it
    Yup those boobies definitely did not look like season 1. I'm willing to be aaight with Emilia keeping those puppies sheathed, because, well she was involved in the most brilliantly dynamic opening scene of any series in television history.

I like the making of footage (cersai walk) with the naked girl walking with a green hood on her face.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it looked different too but the actress confirmed that she did NOT use a body double and that is all her.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I thought it looked different too but the actress confirmed that she did NOT use a body double and that is all her.
    That's what they want you to think, LOL They dont want to disturb the nerd fap-fest.

Looked green screen to me...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

by the way, this show is BLOWING MY MIND!

so awesome to see the story progress...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    That's what they want you to think, LOL They dont want to disturb the nerd fap-fest.

Looked green screen to me...
    Agreed. She looked a little too frozen to be authentic. Emilia has been on shows complaining that the show is too violent and demeaning towards women. I think it is that way towards many types of people on the show. At any rate, it isn't her. I don't mind sort of. Just get tired of actress and actors that people talk about from one movie or show and then they think they are "special" or entitled.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    by the way, this show is BLOWING MY MIND!

so awesome to see the story progress...
    I think the show this season has been much better then season 5. But, keep it GOT style and away from being too Hollywood. And no more farts!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Emilia is now saying the nakedness in her contract is false (like Jon Snow dying). So, she allegedly said that that is her standing there. It is years later, so she could look different. She is saying that that is her. Confirm or not confirm, that is the question.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    You guys, I'm starting to get worried...

There are so many subplots and locations left to resolve in a satisfactory manner and there is precious little time to do it in.

Dorne, Iron Islands, and Mereen feel almost unnecessary to the main story at this point. I don't know how they are going to tie those events into the overarching story but whatever path they plan on taking they need to get started soon.
    Yup, this is what I've been saying to everybody that will listen. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not still having a blast while watching this show, but I'm having anxiety issues every time a scene that doesn't seem to pertain to the overall story goes on a tad too long.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Emilia is now saying the nakedness in her contract is false (like Jon Snow dying). So, she allegedly said that that is her standing there. It is years later, so she could look different. She is saying that that is her. Confirm or not confirm, that is the question.
    I am willing to believe her. I think it looks weird because they filmed her nude in a studio and added her to the film of the burning building. Between that and blurring it enough so you couldn't see too much, it made it look a little fake. Really, I don't see why it matters though. I am just happy the character took action and wasn't just a damsel in distress.

In fact, if you look at this episode all of the women are stronger than the men they are interacting with at the moment. Sansa has to talk Jon into going after Ramsey, Brienne owns Davos (and Melisandre), Jamie is just Cersie's shadow, Loras broke but Marge didn't, Theon is a crying mess to Yara, and Dany burns down a sexist regime to take control herself.

My Mood
    Confused

Apparently someone from HBO accidentally posted episode 5 on their streaming for a little while. Sort of released early. I saw it. A great episode, but, really heart breaking. That is all I will say and will vent later when everyone else is up to speed. I'm curious on the book changes, if any, if they are ever released.

Traveler subtrendy is on a distinguished road subtrendy's Avatar

Yeah, last night's episode was rough. Excited for the Kings Landing plot to really develop next week, if the trailer is any indication.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay so, wow. What a fantastic episode. The best episode of the season thus far.

Two things...

1) Yes, the origin of Hodor's mental collapse and his subsequent death were pretty damn sad, but - that death is overshadowing what is truly important about that scene; the notion that Bran can affect the future by changing the past has earth shattering implications. What else did he have a hand in? If you think about it Bran could theoretically be the catalyst for a LOT of the events stretching back thousands of years. I'm getting chills just thinking about the possibilities!

2) Not sure how I feel about the Children of the Forest being the creators of the White Walkers yet. I always imagined their origin to be a little more.. sinister. And they never mentioned any of this until now? Hmm...

My Mood
    Confused

It was a great episode don't get me wrong. Got a lot of information (not sure what is book related or not). The Hodor thing is definitely coming in the books. Super sad, but like Fernandito said, Bran seems like he has the capabilities to do amazing things or truly screw things up. Perhaps he will travel back and stop the first white walker? Just a thought. I'm just disappointed to see so many important characters, with their future potential, not have anymore....so to speak. 'm not ecstatic about the Summer bit at all!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Such a fantastic ending. I'm not going to lie, I had chills the whole time. I've watched the ending 3 times since and each time the chills came back.

The Hodor reveal is easily one of the best reveals I've seen in years. The cutting back and forth was just perfect. The thought that Hodor has been saying the word Hodor, which is essentially like a constant reminder to himself of the task he must unknowingly accomplish, is just heart-wrenching. Fucking clever as shit and just perfect.

The one bummer for me is how the Direwolves are dropping like flies. I know the CGI costs an arm and a leg, but Jesus.

Okay so, wow. What a fantastic episode. The best episode of the season thus far.

Two things...

1) Yes, the origin of Hodor's mental collapse and his subsequent death were pretty damn sad, but - that death is overshadowing what is truly important about that scene; the notion that Bran can affect the future by changing the past has earth shattering implications. What else did he have a hand in? If you think about it Bran could theoretically be the catalyst for a LOT of the events stretching back thousands of years. I'm getting chills just thinking about the possibilities!
    Good point. The ramifications are vast. My only caution would be that they have to be super careful with any sort of time travel stuff. It tends not to go over very well when incorporated into shows. They should tread lightly.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Really enjoying this season so far. The last two episodes have been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Two things...

Good point. The ramifications are vast. My only caution would be that they have to be super careful with any sort of time travel stuff. It tends not to go over very well when incorporated into shows. They should tread lightly.
    I hadn't really thought about it, but you're right. They could go in a lot of different directions with this. Mike makes a good point too though. Time travel can get tricky, so I hope they don't go over the top with it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The speculative article I read said Bran might just be responsible for the whole thing. The Mad King may have been made mad if future Bran tries to contact him. It might make people lose their minds to be contacted by someone from the future like it did to Hodor. Also, Bran might be the founder of House Stark, Bran the Builder.

Another speculative article I read says that Dany will become the villain eventually. I like that idea.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the prevailing theories across the web is that Bran has a direct hand in The Mad King losing his mind.

The theory is that TMK goes nuts after hearing Bran whispers warnings to him across the years and not being able to make sense of them.

That would be pretty fucking brilliant. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

*EDIT*

LOL. I had this page open for like an hour and forgot to hit Reply. Once I did I realized that Tommy beat me to the punch.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's definitely an intriguing theory.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's definitely an intriguing theory.
    I've read the same thing with Bran. Of course, we won't find out the truth until Martin releases book 6 in the year 2024, and then book 7 in the year 2057 30 years after his death. By that time a ghost writer will have to finish the books and we will all probably be dead to read the books. And we will miss 5 re-adaptations of the books also before the 7th and final book is released. So.....we won't know the truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Martin's grandsons travel back in time through the Weirwood trees to warn him of the dangers of not finishing the series

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Also, fairly certain Sansa is preggers.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting... hadn't considered that. It's a possibility!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the prevailing theories across the web is that Bran has a direct hand in The Mad King losing his mind.

The theory is that TMK goes nuts after hearing Bran whispers warnings to him across the years and not being able to make sense of them.

That would be pretty fucking brilliant. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

*EDIT*

LOL. I had this page open for like an hour and forgot to hit Reply. Once I did I realized that Tommy beat me to the punch.
    Ummmm, are we talking show or books?

I don't see how they can introduce The Mad King on the show at this stage of the game. People are going to be super confused. He's only been mentioned in passing on the show.

Honestly, I've been so wrapped up with the show recently that I keep forgetting to get excited for the upcoming books. Or maybe I've convinced myself that they're eventual release is just as far fetched as Old Nan's stories.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that it's a bit clever with how he has created events we have already seen however I really would not like that to become a major part of the storyline...it's was too "LOST" for me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's going to be at LEAST one major Bran-fucked-with-the-past-trying-to-prevent-the-future moment. I'm positive.

There's no way Martin/HBO showrunners revealed that dormant power for something as minor - in the grand scheme of things - as Hodor's death. That's too powerful an ability to not have some major ramifications.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast