Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I suppose, I'm not really disputing that Arya should have known Sansa was there. I don't think she would have known unless someone told her. I'm just surprised the guards didn't mention something, or better yet, why did word not get back to Sansa later on that her sister appeared outside the gates.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No one knows it's Arya! She's traveling under an assumed identity, remember? Cutting off her hair to pass herself off as a boy?

Only the Hound and Brienne knew her real identity.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I thought he announced he had Arya? Maybe he just said niece? Don't get mad, I get confused a lot with this show.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that the scene where Arya just laughs when she finds out her aunt is dead? I love that scene. It turns out, Heather is indeed right. The Hound introduces Arya as Arya Stark, neice of Lady Lysa Arryn. So it does beg the question what happened after that. The guard might have just brushed it off. We also might assume that Sansa knows that Arya was in the area. There's really no way of knowing. Regardless, Littlefinger wouldn't let her go chasing after her.

As for Arya, as far as she is concerned, Sansa is still at King's Landing. Arya also sees her sister as week and figures there's no way she would survive very long.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Yep, that's the one. That's why I was surprised when in the next episode they had ventured away and we're on their own again. It just seemed like there was a scene missing there and that it jumped ahead. What happened in the book?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yep, that's the one. That's why I was surprised when in the next episode they had ventured away and we're on their own again. It just seemed like there was a scene missing there and that it jumped ahead. What happened in the book?
    Arya and The Hound never make it to the Eyrie. Like on the show, The Hound wanted to bring Arya there and get a reward, but the way there is closed due to weather.

Ah ok, thanks.

One other comment I had was that Marjory really gets around. She's now been married to 2 kings and one pseudo king. Why was it that she was choosen as the new kings bride, especially considering she was married to his brother. I know it's probably because she's from a regal family, but surely there must be more eligible women? Did they just want to keep their ties to that particular family? It also seems like for a lot of times that they want the female to be a virgin, but in her case that doesn't apply.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did they just want to keep their ties to that particular family?
    Yes. The Tyrells are a powerful ally.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And while we're at it, can we please marvel about what a goddess Margaery (Natalie Dormer) is? The perfect woman

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not many people can pull this look off. By the way, she was totally wasted in the most recent Hunger Games film.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was her in The Hunger Games.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was her in The Hunger Games.
    I know, right?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't had much time to post here recently but felt I should stop by to say how awesome this episode was. It was totally worth the change from the source material. I am surprised there are no other comments yet. It started a little slow but this season is going to end strong. (and with Robert Strong I assume based on Qyburn's "my work continues.")

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Mindblowing episode!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic episode. Obviously the Walker stuff is the highlight here, so we'll get into that in a little bit.

So Dany and Tyrion. It was fascinating to see these two avatars of two completely open worlds collide on screen. Tyrion's seasoned political mind and Dany's young, impetuous demeanor. Idk what Martin had lined up for how these two would eventually meet, but I don't care at this point. This is much better. To hell with the scenic route.

I'm wondering what role Melisandre will play in all this...

Loved Arya's scenes, as brief as they might have been. I don't know why Jaqhen's (sp?) indifference about whether or not she succeeded rubbed me the wrong way. It's in line with his character and his religious devotion, but I figured he would care just a bit more at this point. Or maybe it's only a facade?

And now on to the main event - the Walkers. Both the show and the audience needed this episode to remind us just how much of a threat they really are. Seeing them mow down the Wildlings and legion and acting like rabid wolverines was a sight to behold. Jon's 1 vs 1 with the tall Walker was intense as hell. I'm a fan of the smaller details in shows, and the whistling sound that emitted from Jon's Valyrian steel when it met with the Walker's spear, and the look of surprise on both their faces was a great touch.

And what better way to drive home the Walker's dark sorcery advantage than to have the Night's King raise all the fallen Wildlings from the dead to join his legion of familiars. What a wonderful scene.

This episode truly had it all.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

From an SB Nation review, LOL

I don't mean to demean the quality of the orgasms that Daario provides, but Tyrion supplied better counsel in his first two minutes with the Mother of Dragons than her entire council has for the last three seasons combined.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, one more lol.

Dragonglass, A Play in 3 Acts

ACT I: Somewhere north of The Wall, Season 3

SAM: I ... killed a White Walker?

NIGHT'S WATCH: WHAAA? HOW?

SAM: I used this knife made of curious-looking glass.

MAESTER AEMON: Oh yeah, dragonglass! I've been studying everything about the realm for a hundred years and somehow didn't know this exceptionally useful piece of information.

JON: We should find as much dragonglass as possible and make an entire armory of weapons from it, as it's the only thing that can stop the vast undead army coming for us.

YGRITTE: You know nothing, Jon Snow.

NIGHT'S WATCH: Oooohhh burrrrrrn!

ACT II: Castle Black, earlier in Season 5

JON: Dragonglass. Sam used it to kill a White Walker.

STANNIS: Oh, we've got that all over Dragonstone. Where I live and have unchallenged dominion.

JON: So could you, like, send a raven back and have people mine all the dragonglass and send it up here so that we can stand a chance against the army of ice zombies coming for us?

STANNIS: I could.

JON: Okay, just checking. Maybe after you take Winterfell?

STANNIS: Eh.

ACT III: Hardhome, Season 5

JON: Okay, this is dragonglass. It's the only thing we know of that kills White Walkers, and the Night's Watch doesn't have nearly enough to arm itself against the undead hordes, but I'm just gonna give it to you, wildling lady I just met. Seeing as how we're north of the Wall and could be attacked at any moment, you should probably keep it on your person at all times.

WILDLING LADY: Sure, whatever.

The next day...

WILDLING: It's the undead! They've come for us!

JON: Get your dragonglass weapon!

WILDLING LADY: My what now?

JON: The dagger I gave you!

WILDLING LADY: [blank stare]

JON: THE PRICELESS MATERIAL THAT IS LITERALLY THE ONLY THING THAT KILLS THESE ASSHOLES.

WILDLING LADY: Oh right, I left that back in the hut. Instead of keeping it on me and getting on the boat with my daughters, I figured I'd put my daughters on a boat, run back to the hut to get the glass stuff, THEN get on the next boat. That's what made the most sense to me, an idiot who's about to be killed.

Fin.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I haven't had much time to post here recently but felt I should stop by to say how awesome this episode was. It was totally worth the change from the source material. I am surprised there are no other comments yet. It started a little slow but this season is going to end strong. (and with Robert Strong I assume based on Qyburn's "my work continues.")
    I didn't comment last night because I was honestly speechless. Such a great episode. I'm really hyped for the next book now if it's going to be anything like that.

There were so many cool things about that episode and I'm not even talking about the White Walker part. Feev mentioned most of it, so I won't repeat it.

I will say this though, Wun Wun was such a badass. I know everybody is freaking about the walkers, but the giant is what I loved the most. I also think this means Wun Wun is going to play a larger role, if you know what I mean.

This season has been uneven at times, but that episode was pretty much perfect.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best episode this season and up there with my favorite since the start... wow in every way. Can't wait for more of this.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There are so many plots heading to a climax, I get all giddy just thinking about it.

I can't wait for Youtube reaction videos after the season finale.

I keep hoping for LSH.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LSH?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He means...

BOOKS 3-5 SPOILERS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    He means...

BOOKS 3-5 SPOILERS
    Ok I have never read the books.... So this makes no sense to me.... But i take it this is a cool thing. I want more white walkers... So cool!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The show has diverged from the books enough that nothing is 100%. Still, there have been enough nods and Easter eggs for book readers that we can make an educated guess how things will play out. This is one regard in which having read the books is advantageous-the anticipation is greater, I think.

Just watched this past weeks episode. Love it! It's about time the White Walkers have posed a real threat. They've been in the background since season 1 so I was really excited to see them in all their glory. Also loved that finale scene where the king rises all the dead as Jon watches. Can't wait to see how the season ends!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast