Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You know feev, that's a really good point.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough, Feev! It just sticks out sometimes when every one else has a British accent. I'm not bothered by the fact...I'm just so used to the British accent at this point that I tend to notice. I still like him the best, regardless

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, you need a .gif of Tyrion slapping the shit out of Joffery.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Hold on, why would anyone have an issue with his accent if this is taking place in a completely fictional universe ? This isn't taking place in Britain or anywhere in the UK, last I checked.
    THIS
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    lol, I was just gonna post that if someone argues toy ou that his accent isn't right to do this:

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I feel like Tyrion would be the sort of man who "put on airs" and tried to talk especially regal around others just to make fun of them to himself, while at the same time, messing it up so everyone knew it, just to see if they would break court civility to point it out.

But, maybe that's a Lannisport/Casterly Rock commoner accent. Tyrion picked it up from spending more time bangin' whores than being at court. His brother and sister never spent enough time among the rabble to pick it up. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    lol, I was just gonna post that if someone argues toy ou that his accent isn't right to do this:

That's beautiful, thank you. You made my day dude , I'm not joking

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think they are going on the fact that they hired a bunch of British actors they assume everyone should have a british accent

and that .gif is epic.
    If you love me then love me..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So far, I'm really loving this series. Got a feeling that by the end of the season I gotta give the books another shot!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Hold on, why would anyone have an issue with his accent if this is taking place in a completely fictional universe ? This isn't taking place in Britain or anywhere in the UK, last I checked.
    THIS
    Seconded. I think because people see castles, peasants, and Sean Bean though, they automatically think everyone should sound British. I guarantee you that, somewhere out there in the world, a retard is asking the question...

"Wait. So it's not set in England?"

Seriously though, i've no problem with how Tyrion sounds. It's not exactly British, but it blends in. And he's so awesome, who gives a fuck?

And that gif is brilliant!

Anyway, just watched the 2nd ep, and this series just gets better and better. Another amazing ending, too. Can't wait till the next, that's for sure!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

8 hours.

*scampers through the thread giggling*
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy

fuck you guys, I have to work tonight and can't record the damn thing.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you need a download link? or else it will probably be on HBO-go, or whatever their online viewing program is...

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Overall, I was not overwhelmed this week like with the previous two episodes.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The Syrio and Arya part was awesome and I love the guy they have playing Little Finger.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Angelic

I agree with you completely, Chris. And the Wall. I still can't get over how stunning it is.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I wasn't as impressed with tonight's episode as I was with the last one, but it was still good. During the entire Joffery and Cersei scene, I just wanted to punch them both in the head.

And the guy playing Syrio....Awesome.

My Mood
    Angelic

I don't like the plotting and scheming Joffery.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure how I felt about the guy playing Littlefinger until lastnight, now I really like him though. Well, I don't like him at all actually, which is accurate to how I felt about him in the books . I loved the scene where Jaime tells King Robert what The Mad King said as he stabbed him. I'm really loving that actor.

In general, I agree about last night's episode, though. I wasn't as blown away, but it was still awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you guys took the words right out of my mouth - I wasn't enamored with last nights episode, but it did have it's moments. Robert and Jaime exchanging war stories, Ned choking the shit out of Littlefinger etc.

Also

Spoiler:
    I want to see the molten-lava crown scene already dammit !

My Mood
    Angelic

And Jorah Mormont. Wow. He's one I could never picture whilst reading but TV version pegs him perfect.
    I love the insolent eyebrow arched looks Dany's handmaid gives to everyone.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, Lord Varys looks nothing like I had pictured him from the books. He looks like Buddha.

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm not digging the Uncle Fester version.

Little Finger is chock full of smarmy weasliness.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We've touched base on this before but I have to reiterate what a great casting choice the producers did with Littlefinger.

Also, how f'n amazing is Dinkelage ? Seriously. That guy is a sure fire contender at the Emmy's.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I rather enjoyed last night's ep. True, as people pointed out, it wasn't as amazing as the first two, but still something that kept me watching (especially any scenes with Tyrian in, that guy's awesome). The training at the end was also very cool, and whilst it didn't have the fantastic cliffhanger endings of the last two eps, it still ended on the right note.

Well i must say: it's great to finally see another high quality show to watch every week! That's something i find very difficult to find these days!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast