Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Season 2 is coming!!!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!

so is Winter, BTW.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    YAY!

Now go read the books.
    Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of

My family and friends already make fun of me for reading big, long, epic book series. I guess one more wouldn't hurt.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

you know what? I don't know what I would do if I could do it all over again, because the series isn't finished yet, but the show has begun, idk. I love the books and I'd rather read something before watching an adaptation, but at the same time, I'd rather wait until a series is finished before starting it...
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to watching the first episode last night. Loved it. Especially Dinklage as Tyrion. Jon Snow was well-cast. Jaime Lannister was nearly pitch-perfect (for my taste, anyway). I could see a family resemblance between Arya and her mother.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I really enjoyed the first episode of Game of Thrones. I've never read the books, but a show like this is right up my alley. I will be interested to see if the show can continue to sustain such a high level of production values as well as the ability to weave so many different stories together.
    As someone who also hasn't read the books but has just checked out the first ep, this was my reaction, too. Very well made, drew me right in, and whilst i can't remember half the characters' names off the top of my head at the moment, the story seemed easy to follow, despite beginning with so many different threads. I loved how each setting was so distinct, so different, with Winterfell being very Medieval-ish but King's Landing shown to be much more advanced, more civilized, and having much better weather, too. I'm now looking forward to the next ep, i must admit, especially at how the first episode ended in such a brilliant way.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The crazy thing is that you haven't even met a third of the characters in the series yet, or probably even a eighth. haha. In the books at least, Martin does such a masterful job of weaving all of their stories together, though. The shows seems to be doing a good job of it so far as well.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I could see a family resemblance between Arya and her mother.
    lol, actually, in the books, Arya and Jon are supposed to be the only ones who look like their father, the rest of the family is supposed to have the "Tully" look.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Lena Headey was on Craig Ferguson promoting Game of Thrones last night and she is about 500 times more hot as herself than she is as Cersei. I am starting to think they just didn't properly capture her beauty on the show.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oh, here is the interview. It has a clip from the show as well that shows interaction between her and Joffrey.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched that earlier today and thought the same thing. Maybe she just can't pull off the blonde look?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Maybe it is that she was pregnant in the early parts, which are the only scenes we have seen so far, so they put her in a bunch of loose, baggy clothes, as well as pregnancy often changing facial proportions and such. I'm not sure. She's quite beautiful, though, and has played a strong queenly type character in 300 before, not to mention the super bad ass Sarah Connor,so I hope she manages to win me over as Cersei as the show progresses.

I just noticed that in that interview they shortened the clip they showed on Craig Ferguson, they show a full conversation about the Starks in the actual intro to the interview.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVED last night's episode. The Tyrion slapping around Joffery scene was freaking perfect. Also, I noticed that the majority of this episode was pretty much directly from the books, minus the added Cersei/Cat/Bran scene.

Also, Sean Bean is just blowing me away as Ned.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished the first ep. Sean Bean is just the perfect Ned.
    If you love me then love me..

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sean Bean is awesome as Ned, a scene stealer for sure.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also liked Dinklage as Tyrion. Just perfect casting.

My Mood
    Breezy

I wasn't sure about Dinklage for the first .0067 seconds, and then I loved his casting. Ned of course IS Sean Bean, or rather, Sean Bean is NED. In fact, from now on, on other projects, they will put his name as Eddard Stark on the credits.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay just finished the 2nd episode. Am I a horrible person for Liking Jaime Lannister so damn much?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Heck to the no!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah well good. Tyrion and Jaime are becoming my favorite characters in the show so far.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and the actor portraying Robb Stark has the charisma of a rocking chair.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Joffery may very well be the best cast character. I just want to punch him whenever I see him.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My exact thoughts on Joffery. They picked the perfect kid to play him...let's only hope he's a great actor...
    I am loving Tyrion more by the minute, however. He's my favorite character in the book, and I think he now holds that title in the series. Peter Dinklage has always been great, and he is just perfect for this role!
    As far as the second episode is concerned it was quite good. I like seeing the wolves in a bigger role, even if
    Spoiler:
    the scene with Ned and Lady at the very end was the only part I refused to watch. I'm a huge dog person, and even the sound effects they used there almost made me tear up. That scene kills me every time I read the books. Between that and Nymeria being forced to run off....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, Dinklage is doing great as Tyrion. I read a lot of complaints about his accent before the series aired, but he sounds great to me (granted I'm as far from an expert in British accents as you can get )

This past episode, Lena Headey really grew on me as Cersei. That was one of my most major issues before the show started, but man she pulled off hateful bitch in this most recent episode.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as Dinklage's accent is concerned, I'm hardly qualified (just a bunch of experience watching British shows and talking to British friends....) but he does alright. A few times, in this episode particularly, he doesn't slip the accent, but a few words seemed off. I may rewatch his parts to get more specific, but it's not bad, really.

Also, Jon has grown on me. From the initial pictures I wasn't sold. But the actor does really well...I loved his interaction with Arya!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hold on, why would anyone have an issue with his accent if this is taking place in a completely fictional universe ? This isn't taking place in Britain or anywhere in the UK, last I checked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast