Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I want more white walkers... So cool!
    The last two seasons should prove to be very Walker-centric. Now that they have been firmly established as the overarching threat their involvement will begin to expand exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The show has diverged from the books enough that nothing is 100%. Still, there have been enough nods and Easter eggs for book readers that we can make an educated guess how things will play out. This is one regard in which having read the books is advantageous-the anticipation is greater, I think.
    Absolutely. I accepted a long time ago, pretty much when the show started, that there would be several changes from TV to show, and that I'd enjoy it anyway. The creators have shown a tremendous amount of respect for the source material and have made changes that make logistical sense, and not just for the hell of it, optimizing the story for the TV format. There are just way, way too many characters and subplots in Martin's novels, many of which can be streamlined to carry out the same function, something the show has done remarkably well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched this past weeks episode. Love it! It's about time the White Walkers have posed a real threat. They've been in the background since season 1 so I was really excited to see them in all their glory. Also loved that finale scene where the king rises all the dead as Jon watches. Can't wait to see how the season ends!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The last two seasons should prove to be very Walker-centric. Now that they have been firmly established as the overarching threat their involvement will begin to expand exponentially.
    So is there a set amount of seasons for the show? Also since I heard it's diverging more from the books now, are they just going to take those last two seasons and do their own thing, or is there still source material that they're drawing from?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So is there a set amount of seasons for the show? Also since I heard it's diverging more from the books now, are they just going to take those last two seasons and do their own thing, or is there still source material that they're drawing from?
    I was under the understanding that this will go on as the books are written....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think he meant 'last two episodes' instead of 'last two seasons'.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    10 this season Michael?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't see HBO waiting for Martin to write the last two books. My hope is that they just go with it and tell their story. When and if the final books are put out, that will be a different story. The TV show is already different from the books, so why stop now.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ah ok, so there's no set end to the series then? That's good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I did mean two seasons as I was under the impression there would only be 7 seasons total. Now I'm realizing I'm more than likely wrong.

10 this season Michael?
    Yes, 10 episodes this season.
    If I'm not mistaken, every season has had 10 episodes thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I can't see HBO waiting for Martin to write the last two books. My hope is that they just go with it and tell their story. When and if the final books are put out, that will be a different story. The TV show is already different from the books, so why stop now.
    Yes, the creators shouldn't let Martin be a hindrance. They already have his blueprint.. as long as they stay true to the characters and themes, I'm sure their version of the events will be just as compelling. There is no reason to believe they can't stick the landing on their own.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

This:
    ...and the whistling sound that emitted from Jon's Valyrian steel when it met with the Walker's spear, and the look of surprise on both their faces was a great touch.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting goosebumps just watching that hahaha

Country
    Country Flag

Just amazing.. I gotta say that episode was off the charts. I am going to watch it again when I get home.lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

so Valyrian Steel, as well as Dragonglass will kill a white walker!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Aarghh. My computer doesn't like that gif or whatever.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I keep hoping for LSH.
    Not gonna happen. It's too bad because LSH would have been a big moment for the show. People would have flipped out. I even went to the trouble of writing a whole scene on how I wanted it to be included on the show. It looks like that's all I'll ever have.

Also, there have been rumors the show will end with a movie. I hope that's not the case. Then again, if they can make a Sex and the City and Entourage films...
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do we really need LSH?

book spoilers

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet but the books aren't done. Who knows what GRRM is planning? Once LSH sets B on you-know-whose scent, who knows what will happen?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to the producers there are two seasons left, one for each of the two remaining books. They have the general outline and will try to follow it but they have a lot of details to fill in. Based on casting news for season six, they are going to fill part of it with stories cut from this season but I have strong doubts LSH will be of it. There is a chance HBO will force them to do an 8th season because of the show's success (there are interviews that indicate they may want this) but instead we will probably get a two-part 7th season like The Sopranos and other shows have done in the past.

So if they have the outline of the books, and they plan to use that for the final seasons, will it ruin the books for you guys if they're not yet published? I haven't read any of the books, but if I did I'm not too sure I'd really like that. Maybe that's just me though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading the books regardless. I've already invested too much time in them to simply stop now. Besides, I'm curious to compare the two.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking now is a perfect time to wear this tshirt I bought recently.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point. My initial reaction is that if the show preceeds the books I will not watch the show.

So if they have the outline of the books, and they plan to use that for the final seasons, will it ruin the books for you guys if they're not yet published? I haven't read any of the books, but if I did I'm not too sure I'd really like that. Maybe that's just me though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Good point. My initial reaction is that if the show preceeds the books I will not watch the show.

Then be prepared to hold off on the show. Honestly, you better not be caught up because we are already seeing spoilers from the upcoming books.

It's pretty much been stated that the show will move ahead with the plot threads regardless of when the books come out. At this point, it almost has to. The show will be over by the time the final book comes out. Mark my words.

However, HBO isn't going to let GoT go easily. It's a huge money maker for them and an absolute phenomenon. They are going to try and stretch it for as long as they can. Even once the show ends, I wouldn't be surprised if you see a spin-off. There are so many other things they can focus on if they wanted to. Honestly, a show focusing around Rhaegar Targaryen would be fantastic. Seeing younger versions of Ned and Robert would be so cool, along with Barristan Selmy and, my favorite, Arthur Dayne, would be so awesome.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A spinoff chronicling everything that went on with Rheagar and Lyanne would be amazing, and ripe for great television.

What about a show tackling the era of the First Men first meeting the Children of the Forest, or the first encounters with the Others?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having read the books that are out so far means that tonight was the first time I was truly surprised by a Game of Thrones episode. There have been little changes that weren't great (like Barristan) but none of them had the impact of Shireen's fate. They have been fore-shadowing the heck out of it but I thought they would actually come up with a way out. This maybe a spoiler for a future book but I am going to hold out hope it is not. Next week on Game of Thrones: the enemy-flaying, traitors of the north versus the kin-slaying, fanatic from the south. (maybe?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast