Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think it was even Roose who said that line right before doing the deed in the books. I could be wrong though. I also thought it would have been great if they ended with the Arya cliffhanger. In the books, it was crazy because you thought that Arya was gone too. That might have made people really mad though. I would have loved it though. I remember reading that chapter and being like, "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!"
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I went back and read it. I seem to be confusing some stuff from the book and show. This is inevitable I'm afraid. On the show, Cat touches Roose's arm and notices that he is wearing chainmail. In the book, Cat watched Dacey Mormont (I love Dacey Mormont. I wanted to get to know her so much better ) touch the arm of a random Frey guard and notices he is wearing chainmail. This is the difference I was getting mixed up with.

I thought it was odd in the books that Bolton said Jaime Lannister. As far as I can remember, Jaime had no clue that was even going to happen. Interesting. Doesn't surprise me they changed it for the show. They just worked all season getting the viewers to like Jaime.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the latest episode. Great, great, great episode. And somehow, I didn't get spoiled. I got a lot of "Red Wedding" "Red Wedding", "Red Wedding" from all over the place, but nothing specific.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Even knowing it was coming, it was still quite shocking to watch. I'm going to start reading book four after next weeks episode.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I thought it was odd in the books that Bolton said Jaime Lannister. As far as I can remember, Jaime had no clue that was even going to happen. Interesting. Doesn't surprise me they changed it for the show. They just worked all season getting the viewers to like Jaime.
    I need to read the books again. Where was Jaime in that timeline?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing ep!

Cat's speech was intense!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

An omission I'm slightly worried about:

Spoiler:
    In A Storm of Swords, Robb names Jon Snow his heir to Winterfell. I don't know if I'm remembering this right, but doesn't he give Lady Mormont the letter detailing these plans and sends her to meet with the crannogmen? I remember at the time being super excited about this because it meant we might finally meet Howland Reed. Who knows if anything will end up happening with this but it could be an important part of the story and I can't remember any mention of it on the show.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It did seem important, and they'll probably
    Spoiler:
    bullshit something stupid like "uh, someone grab Jon Snow! He's still alive and sort of Stark-like!" instead of making meaningful plot.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Poor guy:
    Spoiler:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Spoiler:

Poor guy:
    Spoiler:
    Funny!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I wouldn't have followed Robb. Honor when it suites you is worse than no honor at all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I wouldn't have followed Robb. Honor when it suites you is worse than no honor at all.
    Let's not forget that in the books Robb is like 16 years old. His dad has just been murdered his siblings are scattered across the realm and he has to lead an army. I cut the guy some slack.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.
    This is a quote from the Red Wedding chapter. I'm still not positive it was Roose Bolton who did the stabbing. It's now common knowledge I guess, even before the episode, that Roose did the killing. I certainly didn't catch on to this while reading the books.

Also, I think it is important that they left out the fact that Robb names Jon the heir to the Winterfell. I think this is something that will be shown in the coming seasons. We can't forget that this show is going to have to slow down a little bit or they are going to catch up to Martin. I could see the show using Blackfish more and maybe having to track down Jon to tell him this news.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Spoiler:

Poor guy:
    Spoiler:

These are wonderful.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.
    This is a quote from the Red Wedding chapter. I'm still not positive it was Roose Bolton who did the stabbing. It's now common knowledge I guess, even before the episode, that Roose did the killing. I certainly didn't catch on to this while reading the books.

Also, I think it is important that they left out the fact that Robb names Jon the heir to the Winterfell. I think this is something that will be shown in the coming seasons. We can't forget that this show is going to have to slow down a little bit or they are going to catch up to Martin. I could see the show using Blackfish more and maybe having to track down Jon to tell him this news.
    I hope they don't slow down! Maybe then Mr. Martin will move his butt and finish the damn series before he dies!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

E
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post

I hope they don't slow down! Maybe then Mr. Martin will move his butt and finish the damn series before he dies!
    I agree!

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY watched the episode. I imagined it bigger and louder, but overall it was brutal and amazing and I actually felt hit in the gut even though I knew exactly what would happen. This quote from Matt wins the night:
    Spoiler:

"There's something wrong with this country when you can show a pregnant woman getting stabbed in the uterus, but they shield you from the animal cruelty."

Walder Frey's "I can get another" made me laugh out loud.

My only slight problem was I kept getting pissed off at the other plot lines for taking up my precious wedding time. I guess if you don't know what's going to happen, that's not a problem, but I just kept shouting "get to the wedding!" at the tv.

Next episode has to be brilliant to top that. I'm betting they're going with... well, if you've read the books, you know.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know everybody keeps saying they are going to end the season with
    Spoiler:
    killing Joffrey
    but I don't think so. There just hasn't been enough build up for it. I think they will stretch that story out through next season so they have another big episode for people to buzz over.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Yeah... I agree. That will be next season.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think it would make more sense to save it for next season, but I don't really see what they're going to put in the next episode that could possibly be interesting after the wedding.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I need to read the books again. Where was Jaime in that timeline?
    Jaime is still on his way back to Kings Landing I believe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Yeah, I think it would make more sense to save it for next season, but I don't really see what they're going to put in the next episode that could possibly be interesting after the wedding.
    I agree. You just can't top the impact of the Red Wedding. The only thing that I can think of that will end the season with a bang is...

Spoiler:
    ...if they introduce Lady Stoneheart.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I agree. You just can't top the impact of the Red Wedding. The only thing that I can think of that will end the season with a bang is...

Spoiler:
    ...if they introduce Lady Stoneheart.
    I agree but unfortunately we didn't get any of the big three events I expected for this episode:

Spoiler:
    1. The rise of Lady Stoneheart.

2. The death of Balon Greyjoy setting up the "two is not three" scene which they had without that part of the conversation

3. Jon defending Castle Black from the wildlings on the southside of the wall with Ygritte dying

I know that they are saving a lot for next season but those all fit here and would have been better than Varys and Shae and the Yarra/Asha is pissed scenes.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

“The series has already reached a point where there are so many characters, particularly in season three we’re introducing so many new ones, we run the risk of bursting at the seams as we try to cram every single subplot and all the various characters and it becomes impossible on a budgetary level and it becomes impossible on an episode-basis to jump around every few minutes to 30 different characters and locations," Benioff told EW, regarding the possibility of cutting future storylines. "We don’t want to do that, and recognize that as a real risk and we will take steps not to fall into that trap.” Weiss then added: "“Time for negative population growth.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...s-shaky-future

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast