Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    My wife was very disappointed and wished it would have been worse for him.
    The poison used was clearly an anti-coagulant. I have experience with such products. I assure you that the agony portrayed was not intense enough and the victim would have lived MUCH longer before succoming. Additionally the bleeding would have been from ALL orifices.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Last week was great and so was most of this but they f'ed up the Jaime/Cersei altar-sex scene terribly. It was not rape in the books. Jaime's "honor" is going to take a severe beating and, I think, that will partly spoil next week's scene with Briene.

On a lighter note, the EW review of this episode was pretty funny and made a good point: most of the scenes in this episode had to do with love (twisted or not.)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally agree with you, Rube. They also got a lot of backlash for that scene.

As for last night's episode, I'm not sure where they are going with the Craster's Keep storyline. They are straying from the books quite a bit. If Jon runs into Bran, it's going to be pretty hard for them to part ways in a way that will make sense. Also, since when did Ghost get captured? I assumed he was back at Castle Black.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ghost was captured so they didn' t have to spend any money on direwolf CGI for the first few episodes (except for one Summer scene.) They did change a lot for this episode but I was actually OK with most of it. They are trying to keep Bran's story from being boring and they wanted to make Jon more badass. Of course, they also make them seem a little dumb (Mance didn't learn anything about the Nights Watch before he deserted? Let's leave Castle Black weaker? etc.). I don't know if it will end up being book canon but I loved seeing a little bit of the Other's culture. Its interesting that there seems to be different "classes" of Others/white walkers. Also, I was wrong about Jaime because all of his scenes were pretty good again and last week didn't seem to taint them. In fact, all of the King's Landing stuff was strong and I am throwing Sansa /Littlefinger in that mix since they just left.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

The fucking hell?!
    That's all I got.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still processing everything we saw at the end of that episode regarding the White Walkers.

I've heard a lot of people are pissed because they feel the show is inventing too much material and straying towards fan fiction.

I disagree. It's been well stated that Martin has discussed where the books are going with the producers. I believe it's entirely possible we just got a preview of what is going to be included in the upcoming books. I could be wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Some were pissed because they thought the producers spoiled the next book. I think he told them that was happening but we will not read it because there would not be a human point of view to witness it. Martin has not strayed from the POV style yet and I don't think any humans could get close enough and survive. The only exception would be if Bran has a vision somehow.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No thoughts this week? It certainly wasn't one of the better episodes. I did like seeing the Eyrie though.

Also, I knew Bran wasn't going to reunite with Jon. It wouldn't make sense.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this episode was excellent! The dialogue alone is what made me give it a five out of five rating. The Cersei/Margaery scene and the Arya/Hound scenes in particular. Such a great show.

Country
    Country Flag

It was a good episode (especially everything Lysa, the Hound, and Jojen) but I think this week is going to be great. Tyrion's trial should dominate the episode and end with a great reveal. Stannis in Bravos will be interesting and Ramsey versus Yara/Asha will probably be more entertaining then Jon versus Karl. I also think we are going to get a certain big moment with Dany's dragons.

Country
    Country Flag

And it was great! That trial featured some amazing acting by Peter Dinklage and he wasn't alone. Hell, even Dany's part was good.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved the final 10 minutes of last nights episode. Great acting by Dinklage (par for course with him and this roll) and I really dug that fact you could feel it, see it, and hear when Tyrion flipped the script on his dad. That scene didn't feel forced or contrived to me at all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The trial was amazing. I could have watched a whole episode of that. The only thing I've been wondering for a while is how they are going to explain why Tyrion doesn't choose Bronn to fight for him in the trial by combat. We know why he doesn't help him in the books, but that won't work in the show. I also think they've done the audience a grave disservice by not reintroducing The Mountain. It's gotten to the point where I fear they may replace him with somebody else.

The only other part of the episode I worry about is introducing Theon's sister (whatever the show is calling her). I just don't think the mainstream audience has any connection to her and I feel most of them are pretty lost when it comes to that storyline.

I'm not sure about anybody else, but when I talk to people who are just show watchers, they are only really invested in storylines that involve the Stark's, Tyrion, Dany, and anything at King's Landing. From what I've heard, they don't really connect with Stannis or the Bolton stories. I'd be interested in what everybody else's experiences have been.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"The only thing I've been wondering for a while is how they are going to explain why Tyrion doesn't choose Bronn to fight for him in the trial by combat"

Spoilers.

A-N-Y-WAY ... another great episode. Tyrion's monologue at the end was fucking amazing.

As just a show watcher, I think Stannis' storyline is and has always been boring. Easily my least favorite set of characters on the show. And ... who is "Bolton"? He/she must be pretty far off my radar for me to not even know their name.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Roose Bolton is Ramsay Snow's (Theon's tormentor) father and Lord of the Dread Fort. He killed Rob at the Red Wedding and is now Warden of the North.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Im not too happy with how the show is spelling out the specifics of the murder plot our for the viewer who has not read the books. It feels to me like the show (or at least the WHODUNNIT) is getting dumbed down for the "average" viewer. Part of what makes the books interesting is that Martin never really comes out and SAYS who did the crime, but makes you have to piece it together yourself with clues (and even then we dont REALLY know what is right, because there is always the multiple chances of something else being what really happened that Martin reviews in later writings.)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, got it. I'm familiar with the Theon storyline (one of my favorites even though I don't know how they're gonna connect it up to the rest of them) but didn't know Roose's name.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "The only thing I've been wondering for a while is how they are going to explain why Tyrion doesn't choose Bronn to fight for him in the trial by combat"

Spoilers.

A-N-Y-WAY ... another great episode. Tyrion's monologue at the end was fucking amazing.

As just a show watcher, I think Stannis' storyline is and has always been boring. Easily my least favorite set of characters on the show. And ... who is "Bolton"? He/she must be pretty far off my radar for me to not even know their name.
    Sorry about that. I just thought that the "Spoilers" tag in the title of the thread was all encompassing. Also, I was careful not to tell you who fights for him and I also didn't tell you why Bronn doesn't. Since the reasoning behind why Bronn doesn't will never be included in the show, I didn't think it was a big deal. Trust me, I didn't really spoil anything. I do apologize and will be more careful to remember that not everybody has read the books.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I will accept only half of your apology, because it was only a little itty bitty bit of a spoiler. The other half of your apology I am sending back to you with a case of Corona.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I will accept only half of your apology, because it was only a little itty bitty bit of a spoiler. The other half of your apology I am sending back to you with a case of Corona.
    I will accept half of the Corona because it's high in carbs and I'm watching my weight. Unless it's light, then I accept the whole thing.

Country
    Country Flag

So I think they answered your Bronn question and it was done quite well. In fact, everything Tyrion was great again this week, especially the Oberyn conversation. Those two characters have owned this season and the next episode ( in two weeks) will be more of the same. I also loved the surprise Hot Pie appearance and the Daario " she's in a good mood" trolling of Jorah. My nitpicks would be the easy way Biter and Rorge died and how Dany gave in so quick to Daario (especially this Daario.) And I just realized that I didn't even mention the main subject of this episode "Mockingbird." That was done pretty well but it was a little early and based on the previews they will continue to rush Sansa's story along next week. It makes me wonder what they are going to do with her and Bran next season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    So I think they answered your Bronn question and it was done quite well. In fact, everything Tyrion was great again this week, especially the Oberyn conversation. Those two characters have owned this season and the next episode ( in two weeks) will be more of the same. I also loved the surprise Hot Pie appearance and the Daario " she's in a good mood" trolling of Jorah. My nitpicks would be the easy way Biter and Rorge died and how Dany gave in so quick to Daario (especially this Daario.) And I just realized that I didn't even mention the main subject of this episode "Mockingbird." That was done pretty well but it was a little early and based on the previews they will continue to rush Sansa's story along next week. It makes me wonder what they are going to do with her and Bran next season.
    Totally, Rube. I've been meaning to get in here and mention that. I thought they handled it perfectly. I really liked that scene.

However, I still think I was right about the fact that they should have been reintroducing The Mountain. Don't get me wrong, I like the way they introduced him in that episode, I just feel that it's something they should have been showing from time to time, not just throw him on the screen chopping shit up.

Another funny thing about that episode is that, until the moon door scene started, I totally forgot about the outcome of that scene from the book. That just shows you how jam packed that third book really is with just massive plot points.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not a fan of last nights episode. It felt like a filler with the exception of the bit with Sansa. Maybe I was just in a mood last night.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The bit with Sansa, as well as the bit with The Mountain and Red Viper I would presume?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For whatever reason I didn't really like the trial by combat very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The bit with Sansa, as well as the bit with The Mountain and Red Viper I would presume?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast