Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I am so not digging the deviations being made now. It seems like GRRM is trying to rewrite the books through the back door.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only deviation that has me uneasy is the Gendry one because of the potential for serious disruption. Everything else I can deal with.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

That's the main one for me.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm curious where the fuck they're going with this Asha being a bitch bullshit.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, poor Theon and his blue balls lol.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

That was hardcore torture right there. Religious girls ar SO shy......
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure they had that scene to fill their nudity quota.

Anyway, the two changes that I am currently most concerned with are Rickon and Osha still being with Bran and co. and Rob's wife and the Blackfish traveling to the wedding with Rob. I am sure that Osha isn't crossing the wall but when they separate it would really change everything that happens to Jon if they go to Castle Black like she keeps saying. As for the other concern, who is going to defend Riverun if Blackfish isn't there and taking his wife when that is the source of Frey anger towards him makes Rob seem very stupid.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who totally hates how they did Robb's wife? I find her boring as all get-out. Yes, in the books his wife wasn't terribly interesting, but at least she was part of a family who was sworn to the Lannisters and he married her so she wouldn't be dishonored, so there was at least conflict and a (poor but legitimate) reason for the marriage. This girl offers nothing besides, "Robb's an idiot." I'm hoping she dies soon.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember how or why Robb came across her in the books, so in all honesty I couldn't care less what they do with her lol.

Basically, as long as they don't fuck up Jon, Dany, and Tyrion's arcs it's all gravy.

My Mood
    Breezy

I really wasn't happy with Bran's arc in the book 5, so idgaf what they do with him. Asha is just so out of character right now it's stupid. Osha? Asha? what the fuck ever

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I don't remember how or why Robb came across her in the books, so in all honesty I couldn't care less what they do with her lol.

Basically, as long as they don't fuck up Jon, Dany, and Tyrion's arcs it's all gravy.
    He wsa minorly wounded storming her castle and she tended to his needs.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Doesn't she 'comfort' him after he learned of Bran and Rikon's 'deaths' ?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I really wasn't happy with Bran's arc in the book 5, so idgaf what they do with him. Asha is just so out of character right now it's stupid. Osha? Asha? what the fuck ever
    agreed, she was much better in the first season. now she is totally off character. and they finally showed 1 second of Brans brother. 2 weeks ao I was like what the hell they just decide to drop the youngest brother. weird.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

Osha is the one with Bran. Asha is the name of Theon's sister in the books. In the show Theon's sister is called Yarra (or something close to that) so that people would not confuse the two. In fact, when Osha helps Bran escape in the books Theon thinks how he hates her as much as his sister and that even their names sound the same. Osha completely disappeared by now in the books (with Rickon) so everything they do with them now is new.

Country
    Country Flag

Her being pregnant could screw up one storyline concerning one of those characters.

Spoiler:
    In the books Robb names Jon his heir to avoid Tyrion getting Winterfell and the north through Sansa. He only does this because he thinks his brothers are dead and that his wife is not pregnant yet. GRRM hasn't actually done anything with that yet but it seemed important at the time.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Am I the only one who totally hates how they did Robb's wife? I find her boring as all get-out. Yes, in the books his wife wasn't terribly interesting, but at least she was part of a family who was sworn to the Lannisters and he married her so she wouldn't be dishonored, so there was at least conflict and a (poor but legitimate) reason for the marriage. This girl offers nothing besides, "Robb's an idiot." I'm hoping she dies soon.
    I think she's really beautiful.

Side note: The actress is Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Her being pregnant could screw up one storyline concerning one of those characters.

Spoiler:
    In the books Robb names Jon his heir to avoid Tyrion getting Winterfell and the north through Sansa. He only does this because he thinks his brothers are dead and that his wife is not pregnant yet. GRRM hasn't actually done anything with that yet but it seemed important at the time.
    Spoiler:

He said he intended to name Jon his heir, and there did seem to be paperwork handed around, but I thought it was left just vague enough that Robb could have named someone else and not told anyone his intentions. Or he named Jon and I'm reading too much into it.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'm happy so long as nothing bad happens to Tywin. I loved his confrontation with Joffrey. Book readers, how do you suppose Littlefinger would've treated Sansa if their marriage went through?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Spoiler:
    book spoilers

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Book readers, how do you suppose Littlefinger would've treated Sansa if their marriage went through?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I'm happy so long as nothing bad happens to Tywin. I loved his confrontation with Joffrey. Book readers, how do you suppose Littlefinger would've treated Sansa if their marriage went through?
    All I can say to this is just keep watching unless you want to be spoiled:
    Spoiler:
    You find out how Littlefinger deals with his wife (death) and Sansa (weird daughter/object of lust combo) later (probably season 5.) And you shouldn't get attached to Tywin or any character for that matter.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The creators of the show explain why the differences between the novels and TV show are a necessity.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...than-the-books

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get Coldhands this episode but it is obviously happening. Also, I realize they don't want to make Sansa seem even more petty then they already have but they should have left it with her refusing to kneel for Tyrion. That was her one act of defiance in this forced wedding.

Despite these minor gripes it was a pretty good episode. I can't wait for next week. I don't know how they are going to fit it all in.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DAARIO NAHARIS! DAARIO NAHARIS !DAARIO NAHARIS!

I thought I kept up with all the new castings for season 3 in the offseason, but I must have missed when Daario Nahris was cast. As the weeks went by, I started wondering if we were going to see him. I was pumped that he was indeed introduced last night. One of the coolest characters in the books.

Alas, I was a tad disappointed that he didn't have his trademark blue hair and blue three-pronged beard. Oh well, at least he has his knife with the hilt resembling a naked woman.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Daario_Naharis

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast