Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't click the link, but it would make a lot of sense if they ended it the

Book spoilers!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Hey! You chopped my banana!!!!
    lol

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

When Aegon and his sister-wives rode out from Dragonstone
    Spoiler:
    were their dragons fully-grown?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    When Aegon and his sister-wives rode out from Dragonstone
    Spoiler:
    were their dragons fully-grown?
    Yes. And bigger than any others.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya,
    I think they showed the skulls in the basement of Kings landing in an early episode. Maybe im just seeing it in my minds eye from reading it, LOL

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Ya,
    I think they showed the skulls in the basement of Kings landing in an early episode. Maybe im just seeing it in my minds eye from reading it, LOL
    It was just one skull but Arya could climb in its mouth easily.

Country
    Country Flag

After three great episodes, I feel this episode was a little bit of a letdown. While last week featured so many great scenes straight out of the book, this episode featured all of the things they decided to change. Some changes don't make sense or aren't as effective like Tyrion telling Sansa so early. Also, instead of getting a complete story arc on anyone, I feel like this was just a look-in on everyone (except Dany of course.) There are some key moments that you have to have but the rest is just like they are saying "Don't forget Sam is beyond the wall with Gilly, Bolton has Jaime, and Joffery is a son of a bitch." That said, I know that they are setting us up for awesome things to come in the final four episodes of the season.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't as strong as the past few episodes, but it was still a very good ep IMO.

That scene wasn't in the book but I liked the confrontation between Melisandre and Arya, where she told her that she saw darkness in her with multiple sets of eyes.

I always, always enjoy the exchanges between Varys and Littlefinger as they struggle to one up each other in their dangerous game of spies and secrets. I liked when Littlefinger said that chaos "is just a ladder."

Poor Theon. In the books I keep thinking to myself "yeah, that's what you get fucker" but seeing him suffering and being tortured on the show makes me feel sorry for him lol.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I feel more for Jaime now. If I were in his position when he had the Mad King's trust, I would've done the same thing. Littlefinger went from 0-scary real quick.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are very few people I don't feel bad for at some point, GRRM is very good at writing the characters as people instead of heroes or villains. And really, what can Jaime do? He had a choice between kingslayer and kinslayer, he was screwed from the beginning. Theon made terrible choices, but his punishment for them goes above and beyond "cruel and unusual," and I do think he felt remorse apart from "I wish I wasn't being tortured right now." So I forgive him a little bit.

That said, Cersei is still an idiot. I understand her motivations and frustrations, but she still fails to see so much it's astounding. Oh, and Joffrey, of course. Little shit.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This episode wasn't as good as the last few, but it was still pretty enjoyable. There were some things that strayed from the book, but that's what kind of keeps the show interesting for the people that have read the books.

I also think that one of the strengths of the show is seeing characters interact that we never got to see in the books. The scene between the Queen of Thorns and Lord Tywin was priceless. Unless I'm mistaken, we never got this candid scene because neither Tywin or Olena are POV characters. It's scenes like these that actually enhance the book and the show even more.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my least favorite episodes. Still not bad. Just ... nothing happened!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Worst episode of the season, but that's easy because every episode this season has been great.

IDK what the fuck they're doing with Gendry, or Davos. I'm worried about that storyline right there.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been worried about Davos and Stannis for two years now. Especially Davos. For me, Davos takes over as the one character that is morally pure. As the books progress, Stannis and Davos become a large part of the story and I'm worried the show hasn't shown them enough to make people care about them. More importantly, I'm not sure if people even understand their part of the story.

I know some family and friends have no idea who Davos is and I've had to remind them who Stannis is a few times. Something to keep an eye on as the seasons progress.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My problem with Davos is that he is boring. As a character, he isn't bad, but his storyline... it's just bromance with Stannis. I keep practically screaming at him, "Go home to your wife! Something terrible is going to happen to you! Go home!" But he doesn't listen. I'm just dreading whatever GRRM has cooked up in his sick little head for poor Davos.

I love Gendry because he is hot. In HBOland, anyway. I have a fantasy that he and Arya get married and terrorize the Seven Kingdoms as outlaws, or rule as Supreme Badasses of the Universe. I really hope something similar to this happens.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Davos is NOT boring, weirdo.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

His plotline is. It's just all, "Hey you, you should support Stannis because I love him. And you, support Stannis because I love him. Oh yeah, I'm going to reach for my fingerbones because, well, why not, you may have forgotten I don't have fingertips in the five minutes since I last reached for them. Now I will go ask someone else to support Stannis because I love him."

I just think they could do something better with him.

Country
    Country Flag

You forgot: "Sure I'll haul your crazy red witch to assassinate your brother but wait she is using magic to do it so now I think she must be evil. I mean killing your brother couldn't have been the evil part."

My Mood
    Breezy

WHATEVS! YOUR CRAZY LOGIC WILL NOT SWAY ME!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Davos' involvement in the whole Edric Storm story. I thought that was handled well.

My Mood
    Breezy

That's where my misgivings are coming from. Edric Storm is what started Davos getting serious about power. They cut that out of the show. Why?

Country
    Country Flag

I was totally kidding with my comments about Davos even though he does seem to act a little "holier than thou" sometimes. I am sure Martin is trying to prove some kind of point with the moral compass of a supposedly just to a fault man being a smuggler.

Anyway, I am now assuming Gendry will take Edric's spot in the storyline so that will play out similarly except with Gendry helping in his own escape. I bet we even get a scene of him befriending Shireen like Edric did which will fit his character since he already befriended another young girl.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not gonna lie, I totally have a love/hate relationship with Davos' story. Sometimes I love reading his POV chapters, other times they bore the shit out of me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    That's where my misgivings are coming from. Edric Storm is what started Davos getting serious about power. They cut that out of the show. Why?
    I think they just cut it for the sake of making things easier for the viewers. Throwing in yet another character would blow some minds. I'm with Rube, I think Gendry will get Edric's story.

Country
    Country Flag

I finally caught up to episode 6... I'm really getting irritated with the added content. They better go somewhere with it. "Oh, we don't have time for that scene, but we have time for the scenes we just made up right now." Also, they really butchered the scene with Varys telling Tyrion about how he became a eunuch. I love that scene in the book.

I'm loving the Valyrian and also Lady Olenna. They should give her her own show.

"The Lysa Arryn of chairs."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast