Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Well Bran will eventually turn into the Three-Eyed Raven. When the TER said "It is time for you to become me" Bran said "Am I ready?" the TER said "No" but with a very knowing look. To me, it seems the TER knows that Bran is going to screw things up royally (because he was once the young Bran himself) but he also knows that this is the way things happened and he can't change it now. I wonder if Jaime knocking him out of that window is what caused his warg or Greenseer powers to become so strong. Others have been shown to be able to warg but if I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anyone that can go into human minds like Bran can? I didn't see the trailer for next week's show but someone said there is a silhouette at one point that looks like it could be Jaime stabbing someone (TMK?) in the back.

Also, I've lost track of the direwolves, which ones are left? Arya's and Jon's?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Yes Tommy, Arya's and Jon's. The books Nymeria is running around with a giant wolf pack and Ghost is with Jon. As for Bran, maybe he will go back, stop the children from doing their spell on the first "other" and then no more white walkers. Then, we have no major plot of humanity vs. the others. lol

I am curious though. Will there really be an end all battle of humanity vs the others. Will it be that cliche? Theorists always talk about the others as simply people different then the others on the other side of the wall. Like some of the conversations we have read and seen where wildlings are who they are simply because they were on the wrong side of the wall when it was built and are simply different. Hence, the others are simply different. And if you read the books, you know the others do not look like they do in the show. They are sort of like albinos and wear glass type armor.

I haven't seen it but I heard the original pilot had language and dialogue from the white walkers. The show took it out so viewers (who didn't read the books) could distinguish who was evil and a threat right off the bat. Anyone see this pilot that was cut out?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Love that last bit about Tyrion
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I know, right?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's Memorial Day weekend, but no Thrones talk. No Uncle Benjen discussion? No House Tarly talk? No Girl with No Name turning back into Arya scuttlebutt? How about King Tommen joining with the Faith Militant?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know it's Memorial Day weekend, but no Thrones talk. No Uncle Benjen discussion? No House Tarly talk? No Girl with No Name turning back into Arya scuttlebutt? How about King Tommen joining with the Faith Militant?
    The episode seemed a bit like filler no? Sure there was some great stuff. I'm disappointed Benjen is coldhands. Martin said coldhands was not Benjen, unless he lied. I'm curious if Benjen will eventually turn or die because of the semi white walker he is, sort of. Loved house Tarly and the father. He was great. Arya shocked me. I was hoping she would learn more from the faceless men and become a badass and then go home. Now she has a contract on her, but I love her story now because of the books. Tommen....it is only a matter of time before he is dead. I feel Marjory is lying and playing a game as she did not convert; really. Tommen, he went against his family, and we all know that never bodes well in GOT. Overall I enjoyed the episode, but too much time wasted on Tommen. I was hoping for a lot of information on the north being rallied against Ramsey.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just realized that Tommen sending away Jaime to Riverlands puts the Kingslayer in sync with the books, doesn't it? I got the impression that's where Sansa and Brienne are heading. Jaime and Brienne on opposite sides.

Also, a face is owed. I suspect one uppity waif is going to have her face sliced off, but only after a proper sticking with the pointy end.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I just realized that Tommen sending away Jaime to Riverlands puts the Kingslayer in sync with the books, doesn't it? I got the impression that's where Sansa and Brienne are heading. Jaime and Brienne on opposite sides.

Also, a face is owed. I suspect one uppity waif is going to have her face sliced off, but only after a proper sticking with the pointy end.
    Correct on book Jaime. As for Arya, rumor the waif is too obsessed and angry with Arya, which means she isn't a true servant of the many faced god. Neither Arya though from her actions..... But, allegedly Arya's last trial is the waif. We will see.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mark it. Arya runs into Gilly and Sam on their travels, just like in the book, although this time, they may actually stay together for a longer period of time and Sam will learn who she really is.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The episode seemed a bit like filler no?
    It only feels that way because there were no deaths, and let's be honest - The Door was always going to be an impossibly difficult act to follow.

This episode set up a LOT of incoming threads;

-Arya vs The Waif
    -Jamie vs High Sparrow
    -Jamie meeting up with Brienne
    -Sam finally finding his balls and striking out on his own towards uncertainty

I'm disappointed Benjen is coldhands. Martin said coldhands was not Benjen, unless he lied.
    Of course he lied. Producers and show runners deal in deceit and misdirection to keep the illusion of secrecy intact for as long as possible.

Look at D.B Weiss and Benioff and how many times they assured us that "Jon Snow was 100% dead".

My Mood
    Confused

True Fernandito. Very true. I was just hoping Benjen would come back from.....being captured or something. I just feel his fate is sealed because of what he sort of is now.

I felt the King's Landing parts were just drawn out a bit too much. All the build up....for nothing. Unless of course Cersei has this all planned out. She was too calm when confronting Jaime about their son and Jaime was flipping out. hmmmmm

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I had convinced myself that Coldhands was Benjen a long time ago. It's the only thing that made sense.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Look at D.B Weiss and Benioff and how many times they assured us that "Jon Snow was 100% dead".
    There is truth in saying that Jon Snow was dead. He actually WAS 100% dead.

In the case of Martin saying that Coldhands wasn't Benjen there are a few possibilities. 1. He knew he was but lied. 2. The show went a direction that the books aren't. 3. He changed his mind.

It' always possible that the book will have more than one character "like" coldhands and that he will introduce Benjen that way but the show just merged characters for was of storytelling. They do that all the time. My guess is it's more likely that he lied at the time to misdirect people or that he has since changed his mind on that character.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I know we all want Action All The Time, but the show tackles the smaller moments even better. Jamie's verbal sparring and battle of wits with Blackfish was fantastic.

Also, The Hound! Yet another TV moment which adheres to the old adage of; if you don't actually SEE them die, don't assume it happened. I wonder where they're going with his arc.. perhaps it truly is about the Gods punishing him? Next week promises to be violent as hell.

Probably the only bit I didn't like was the little girl in charge of House Mormont. I understand what they were trying to do, but perhaps they should have used an actress that's a little bit older. An actress at that age simply does not yet have the acting tools necessary to play the scene with the gravitas it requires. It was too difficult to take that exchange seriously.

Any idea what the rose that Margaery drew on the paper meant?

My Mood
    Confused

My guess on the rose on the paper was her telling her grandmother that she, Margery, is still on the queen of thorns side? Isn't her brother called the rose?

What about Sansa writing that letter? That had to be for help from Littlefinger.

I loved the episode. It is ABOUT TIME someone called Cersei out on her idiotic plans with the high sparrow. Not sure why no one ever did it before. I have always loved the queen of thorns. I loved house Mormont. All that dialogue and persuasion.....for 62 men lol! I wish house Glover would help the Starks....we will see. Hoping the Manderlays would help too. Not sure why Jon wants to simply march with not enough men though. I don't need death to have a good episode or show. I need good story and plots and characters. Jaime and the black fish was great. Arya.....I hope she is OK! I'm waiting for her to kill the waif. Anyway, enjoyed it completely. I'm seeing the black fish leaving his castle, taking his nephew to do so, and going north to help the Starks. Wonder where the Hound will go now?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably the only bit I didn't like was the little girl in charge of House Mormont. I understand what they were trying to do, but perhaps they should have used an actress that's a little bit older. An actress at that age simply does not yet have the acting tools necessary to play the scene with the gravitas it requires. It was too difficult to take that exchange seriously.
    I agree about that scene, but I don't think it's fair to say there are no actors that age that could pull a scene like that off. There are a few, she's not one of them. Just look what Jacob Tremblay did last year in Room. That kid was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    My guess on the rose on the paper was her telling her grandmother that she, Margery, is still on the queen of thorns side? Isn't her brother called the rose?
    The sigil for House Tyrell is a rose, so you'd be right in assuming that her message to her grandmother is that she is still loyal to their house.

Here is an interesting read in regard to Greyscale and how it could play a major role. It also discusses the Shrouded Lord, which I honestly completely forgot about.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/did-game...une2016Preroll

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While the last two episodes were "setup"episodes, I still really enjoyed both. I thought the Mormont scene was great actually. How much more can you really ask for there? The things I was a little disappointed in included Dany's speech (seemed like they thought it would be a powerful way to end the episode but it wasn't) and Arya's actions leading to her getting stabbed. A lot of talk online seems to believe something else is going on there such as
    Spoiler:
    that was really Jaqen disguised as Arya to test the waif or, even crazier, Arya and the Waif are the same person and this is a battle in Arya's mind. I like Fight Club but I think that would be weird here.

With regards to the Arya theories, wouldn't Jagen have to have her face before masquerading as her? Or can he disguise himself as anyone? I don't buy the Fight Club theory but I might be wrong. We have not seen the Waif interact with anyone other than Arya and Jagen I think. Could be interesting...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Waif-Fight Club theory, BUT

That would mean Arya is "killing" off Arya Stark to truly become a No One, yet the point of the past few episodes is that she is NOT a No One, but rather Arya of House Stark, not a mindless assassin.

Seeing her fully transform into a No One would be interesting, but I much prefer conflicted, vindictive Arya.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I also thought the Lady Mormont scene was excellent. That little girl was really good. Perhaps the naysayers should suspend disbelief
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

This is going back a bit but did anyone else notice in the episode right before the Hold the Door episode that several characters are seen going through doors? Littlefinger gets out of the door of his carriage, Margery goes through the door of her brother's prison cell, Brienne and Sansa go through the doors of the Night's watch, Cersei goes through the door to the room where Tommen is talking with the Maester and so on. I realize a character is probably shown going through doors in every episode but they really piled it on for that one. Not really that important but it was very clever foreshadowing.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I also thought the Lady Mormont scene was excellent. That little girl was really good. Perhaps the naysayers should suspend disbelief
    This is a show with dragons and warlocks, don't really have trouble suspending belief lol.

It just felt unnatural, is all.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

This is a show with dragons and warlocks, don't really have trouble suspending belief lol.

I loved her! And I loved her 62 men!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post

I loved her! And I loved her 62 men!
    She really was great, IMO. Best scene in the whole show.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast