Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Q&A - Ask a question, get an answer! *spoilers*

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a quick question. What kind of hawk David is? I'm living in hope it's been mentioned somewhere, and if not, based on the comics (eep!)?

You'll see in due time what for I was asking this.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I don't recall a breed of hawk being mentioned, but I could be wrong.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure we've never been told a specific breed. It is possible the breed is unique to Roland's world though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Traveler mrpyromania is on a distinguished road

Default obscure quote

hey there!

I remember reading a quote in one of the dark tower books,(im fairly certain its the seventh, anyway.) The trouble is, I cant find the page or what it says exactly. i just remember it striking a chord with me.

does anyone know what im talking about? the quote was from another work, and it was about two characters(one of them named april or may) talking about endings of books. one character said that if you read a book and find a beautiful spot in a garden, thats a good enough ending for anyone. endings are just another way of saying goodbye.

any help here?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I don't remember saying that.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no such thing as a happy ending. I never met a single one to equal "Once upon a time."
    Endings are heartless.
    Ending is just another word for goodbye.

Can't find or remember anything about "a beautiful spot in a garden", though.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I don't remember saying that.
    I was just coming in here to see what you said, Ryan.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

<-- Also came in to see if I'd missed a Ryanism.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, mrpyromania.
    I hope Jean could help you.
    I'm gonna merge this thread in a day with the Questions and Answers thread in Gilead.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler mdk101 is on a distinguished road mdk101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Which book is this scene from? (pic)

Can anyone enlighten me as to what moment this image captures?

I really liked this picture as it really matched my imagination's picture of all three characters depicted; especially Jake who I pictured to look like Anakin Skywalker circa Phantom Menace (remember I was maybe 16 or so when I read the book back in '01/'02 aha) instead of the black haired boy shown in the book illustrations.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Whew.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who automatically assumed this was a Ryan quote thread.

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, I was just commenting to Ryan how I was going to need a separate sig just for him...

This gems like : "...it doesn't have the independent studio feel of T-2." ... we should give him a thread !

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mdk101 View Post
    ...especially Jake ... instead of the black haired boy shown in the book illustrations.
    That's one of the things I love about Michael Whelan (the artist who did that picture). He gets the details right.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the art from DT7 is incredible.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    There is no such thing as a happy ending. I never met a single one to equal "Once upon a time."
    Endings are heartless.

I'm truly sorry for this in advance but, you my friend, are a really really big girl!!! Put on a dress already.

Again, sorry. I'll go away quietly lol lol lol

By the way, What's up with the Bears? They will rip you to shreds and then eat you. Not cute and cuddly at all. Get real dude!!! lol Again, sorry so....sorry
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Endings are heartless.

I'm truly sorry for this in advance but, you my friend, are a really really big girl!!! Put on a dress already.

Again, sorry. I'll go away quietly lol lol lol

By the way, What's up with the Bears? They will rip you to shreds and then eat you. Not cute and cuddly at all. Get real dude!!! lol Again, sorry so....sorry
    *removes mod hat and sets it aside*

I won't be needing that...for YOU.

Anyhow, I wouldn't use it to hide behind in a situation like you've presented at all. I just wanted it crystal clear that I'm only speaking as a member right now.

Now...

Is it really necessary to be an ass? You are attacking a staff member for

a. quoting Stephen King?

b. using a fictional persona on a site dedicated predominantly to fiction?

c. the particular persona he's chosen?

d. the hell of it?

e. some combination of the above?

Has Jean done something so egregious to you? If so you should really be straightforward and direct and since he is a staff member this should be done in PM with staff. If not you should consider taking your meds as to avoid the possibility of you just being a dick for the sake of being a dick, ya' know....friend. Oh...yeah, that word sure softens the tone of the post, right? On to the going away part...well, you don't have to, but perhaps if you don't actually respect people you could at the very least muster up the self respect to learn when you should hold your motherfucking tongue...or at least think a tiny bit before you type...ya' know?...friend....cause straight up I for one couldn't care less if you're here or not if you're gonna' recklessly go about disrespecting people, be they staff or members of the site. Sorry...oh yeah ...so sorry, but profusely apologizing while you know you're just being a dick...oh sorry...doesn't mean a goddamned thing. Have a nice day.

If you rescue me

Traveler robbin21973 is on a distinguished road

Default Need help, who is Garrett McKeen?

I am reading this series for the second time, relishing in the little details I missed the first time around. In the last book on page 443, they speak of Stephen King's caretaker and it is said "Garrett McKeen's great grandson watched them go with his mouth hanging open". What I want to know is, who was this person? He had to appear in the book at some point, otherwise why mention it and if you Google it all you get are handful of foreign language sites.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you!~

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey there robbin! If you can get hold of it, and I got mine cheaply (used) off Amazon, you should grab a copy of Robin Furth's - The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance - it answers most things of this nature you could think of.

Here's what it has to say about Garrett McKeen:
    Garrett McKeen lived in the Lovell area of Maine at the turn of the century. His great-grandson is Stephen King's groundskeeper.
    So, if you remember, the guy that Eddie and Roland first meet when they go to King's house is McKeen.

Once you've read this, I will merge the thread with the Quick Q&A thread

Traveler Cinder2007 is on a distinguished road

Default Questions about the end

I'm going to reread the Gunslinger while i wait for my Drawing of the Three to arrive and post my thoughts here.

Here's what i have so far.

Also please don't post outright answers to the questions i post, sort of lead me in the right direction or ask me questions that would lead to the answer if it's not too much trouble.

I was kind of fading in and out while reading the part where Roland and Jake were in the mountain. They come to a part where there's a railroad across a giant chasm i think? And they have to walk across the ties to get to the other side correct? So, when jake falls, and the Man in Black appears, why couldn't Roland just have saved Jake? I'm not too clear on that.

And i'm really tired right now so i'll go read a few pages and i'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not through an unwillingness to answer I'd reccomend that reread if you're unclear on this. As for why Roland couldn't save Jake I think the issue is ; if he had the man in black would have used it as an oppurtunity to vanish. Jake's death was to be the price Roland had to pay to Palaver...although maybe the man in black wanted to be caught anyway and was just playing with Roland's heart. I hesitate to say too much here though as I don't want to reveal anything you haven't yet read. I'd really suggest that reread.

Also this thread will likely be merged into another very soon.

If you rescue me

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

also, a lot of your questions will be answered in the next books, which is probabley not what you wanted to hear

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder2007 View Post

Also please don't post outright answers to the questions i post, sort of lead me in the right direction...
    I was kind of fading in and out while reading the part where Roland and Jake were in the mountain.

Thanks.
    Reread. Make sure you are not tired, inebriated, drugged, or under stress.
    It will come to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast