Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prize Announcement-2011 Fundraiser! King to Personalize Book!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are fewer than 75 qualifying entrants for our Grand Prize.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have asked Brian freeman at Cemetery Dance to be the neutral party conducting the drawing for The Grand Prize. I will be sending Brian an envelope containing the "tickets" with each qualifying entrants name on them. He will shake them up and announce the winner. Cemetery Dance (and their partners, employees etc.) are not eligible to win the Grand prize. Additionally, staff members of TheDarkTower.org and Stephen King affiliated publishers and artists are not eligible to win.
    This really be the "I know the winner" type drawing as there will likely be less than 100 entrants, most every one of them a member here.

I will handle the weighted drawing for the alternate prizes-too much work for Brian.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Anyone who donates $10 (Paypal, cash, check, accepted auction item) or more to our 2011 Haven Foundation Fundraiser receives one entry into the drawing. You may donate more than $10, and you may donate more than once (and we would appreciate it), but for the Grand Prize ONLY, the limit is one entry per person.

For our other giveaway items it will be a weighted drawing. EVERY $10 donation puts the donor's name in the drawing one time.
    Jerome, if I understand this correctly, those of us that donated auction items that sold for more than $10 are entered into the Grand Prize Drawing...right?

How do auction item donations work for the giveaway items? If a donated auction item sells for $1000, does that donor get entered 100 times into the drawing for the giveaway items?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Anyone who donates $10 (Paypal, cash, check, accepted auction item) or more to our 2011 Haven Foundation Fundraiser receives one entry into the drawing. You may donate more than $10, and you may donate more than once (and we would appreciate it), but for the Grand Prize ONLY, the limit is one entry per person.

For our other giveaway items it will be a weighted drawing. EVERY $10 donation puts the donor's name in the drawing one time.
    Jerome, if I understand this correctly, those of us that donated auction items that sold for more than $10 are entered into the Grand Prize Drawing...right?

How do auction item donations work for the giveaway items? If a donated auction item sells for $1000, does that donor get entered 100 times into the drawing for the giveaway items?
    Yes and no. You donated an item that went for ~$1K. You have a single enyty in the Grand Prize drawing. You have the maximum number of entries (10) in the weighted drawing. That is based upon one entry per $10 donated, but capped at 10 entries per person.
    Brian Freeman from Cemetery Dance will be conducting the Grand Prize drawing. I will send him the entry tickets, he will toss them in a large bag, jar, box, whatever he chooses and then pull the winning entry.
    I will handle the weighted drawing since it is too much work to expect Brian to do.

Sound good?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank for the clarification.

Sounds good and fair.

I see that the cut off for donations is 05/19.

Since you are sending the Grand Prize names to BF of CD, I assume the winner will be announced about a week later.

What day will the giveaway winners be anounced?

Forgive me if this information is already posted..I looked, but could not find it?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For donations we can just contribute money equal to or greater than $10 and then we are entered to win? If it is still under 100 people by the end of the weekend I would be very willing to enter this.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    For donations we can just contribute money equal to or greater than $10 and then we are entered to win? If it is still under 100 people by the end of the weekend I would be very willing to enter this.
    Two $5 donations =$10. That =1 entry in the Grand prize drawing. So far there are only 3 or 4 people who have donated less than $10 cumulatively.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I get that part. Maybe I did not phrase my question right, sorry. I was just verifying that you do not have to have donated an item or anything other than $10 to be considered for the Grand Prize drawing.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    I get that part. Maybe I did not phrase my question right, sorry. I was just verifying that you do not have to have donated an item or anything other than $10 to be considered for the Grand Prize drawing.
    Correct. A simple $10 in total donations (Paypal, cash, check, auction item) gets 1 entry.

Traveler Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

This is cool.

Hey, I just wanted to say this before I forgot: it has been a lot of fun working with Jerome and Patrick on some of the cool items that we were able to donate this year, and I really hope we can participate again next year. Thanks to everyone who bid on something we donated or who made a donation of their own. It's a great cause!

Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian Freeman and Cemetery Dance have been wonderful supporters of this fundraiser. Thank you so much for all you've done to make this a success!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and donated their time and money for the benefit of The Haven Foundation.

Man, I wish weren't exempt from this year's drawing.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

RF, Just saw that the deadline was posted here all along, my bad. (Sorry if this has been covered as well but...) When will the prize winners be announced or is it TBA?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If all goes well, the Grand prize winner will be announced either Tuesday 5/24, or Wednesday 5/25. This is not locked yet, so stay tuned.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, will do. Either one sounds like a fine date to recieve an early (best) birthday present

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say this before I forgot: it has been a lot of fun working with Jerome and Patrick on some of the cool items that we were able to donate this year, and I really hope we can participate again next year. Thanks to everyone who bid on something we donated or who made a donation of their own. It's a great cause!

Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    I, for one, can not thank you and your folks enough for making this year's Fund Raiser a Resounding success!!!!! I contribute for personal reasons and it does my heart good to see it be a success. You Mr. Freeman and everyone at CD went a long way toward insuring that success, so many, many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. You better be here next year!!!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Grand Prize winner will be announced very soon. Perhaps tonight. Stay tuned.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Announcement at 6PM EDT Today! Less than 1 hour.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Looking forward for it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Announcement at 6PM EDT Today! Less than 1 hour.
    I will be drawing ONE slip out of the prototype SOD 1 Lettered Edition traycase I keep near my desk...

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL! And after the drawing, draw another name to win that prototype.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    LOL! And after the drawing, draw another name to win that prototype.
    HA! If it was super cool, I just might... but it's basically just different materials and colors than the final version.

Brian

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Winner IS: Dave Hammand (Oy The Brave)!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!!

Lucky bastard! I'm really glad you won it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Dave!!!!!!!!

You now have two minutes to collect your prize or else we will need to redraw another winner.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast