Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Traveler NMKINGFAN will become famous soon enough NMKINGFAN will become famous soon enough

Help Please, Looking for LSOE #261 Thank You

Gunslinger Apprentice Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334595422357

WTTKH S/L #175 on ebay auction right now.
    Wanted: GUNSLINGER S/L #120 - Help me complete my matching set!
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 - Wizard and Glass
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 trade - Wolves of the Calla
    King signed (or inscribed) - Viking 1/1 - Wizard and Glass

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Apparently Kris knows of more than one instance. It's not his obligation to disclose the information, but he did state he knows it happened (and his wording would indicate it has occurred more than once).
    Apparently you are correct.
    Thank you Jerome.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice roopeshjoshi is on a distinguished road

Default #148

Not sure if the first page list is getting updated, but:

A full set, Gunslinger to The Dark Tower, plus TLSOE and TWTTK, is being sold by Terence McVicker Rare Books. It is #148, and the whole set is there, including TLSOE which isn't shown in the photo, but is there.

https://www.batsoverbooks.com/produc...UtDVEPm27qIAnI

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by roopeshjoshi View Post
    Not sure if the first page list is getting updated, but:

A full set, Gunslinger to The Dark Tower, plus TLSOE and TWTTK, is being sold by Terence McVicker Rare Books. It is #148, and the whole set is there, including TLSOE which isn't shown in the photo, but is there.

https://www.batsoverbooks.com/produc...UtDVEPm27qIAnI
    BAD fade is present sadly And for a $25K item... why not show lots of pics instead of a shitty one? AND not all books being sold?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I don't see the fading..although I saw the comment on FB page..where's the fading? on the slipcase?

All of the books are being sold, so it is a complete set. And he has all of the books individually shown, if you search for Stephen King on his website. Just a poor way of advertising. The condition report for The Gunslinger says 'very fine in dj'.

But i'm posting this merely to note one more complete set.

Traveler djpickard is on a distinguished road djpickard's Avatar

I don't see the fading..although I saw the comment on FB page..where's the fading? on the slipcase?

All of the books are being sold, so it is a complete set. And he has all of the books individually shown, if you search for Stephen King on his website. Just a poor way of advertising. The condition report for The Gunslinger says 'very fine in dj'.

Kris is referring to the spine on the dust jacket of the Gunslinger having white lettering. Likely light damage or it could be the "shitty" image. Hopefully the latter, but likely not. Better images and a less confusing post, so that you don't have to assume it's all there, would go a long way towards marketing the set.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by djpickard View Post

Kris is referring to the spine on the dust jacket of the Gunslinger having white lettering. Likely light damage or it could be the "shitty" image. Hopefully the latter, but likely not. Better images and a less confusing post, so that you don't have to assume it's all there, would go a long way towards marketing the set.
    I reached out to ask about the fade and got a rude reply like 'how dare I question this book dealer'. I will NEVER understand the attitudes of 75% of the book dealers out there to potential customers. I will always do MY BEST to cater to anyone that wants to work with me. I tried to explain that another picture would be helpful to ensure.. but I will bet money thats badly faded. He says no its not... but will 'entertain' my request.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it’s only 25k…..how dare you ask questions prior to purchase!😀
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

With the fade to the slinger spine... if you could get him off the price by $500 or so and then pick up a clean dust jacket somewhere else, it'd work out just fine. The slinger dust jackets are still out there and pop up from time to time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Gunslinger first...S/L dj can be found, but good luck buying one for less than $600. On the scheme of $25k, $600+ is small but still real money.
    If a seller is rude, why deal with them unless the price is such that it overrides dealing with a jerk?
    Patience can still get you a full set at comprable pricing without dealing with a problem seller.

Photos of his Gunslinger are on the link below. As indicated earlier, the individual books are shown if you search his website for Stephen King. I can’t say for sure it is faded or not. Doesn’t look bright yellow like the cover but not as white as the one in the group picture. Would be interested to know if you do think it is faded.

https://www.batsoverbooks.com/produc...d-M-Grant-1982

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

You posted correctly and so did he. It is very difficult to determine though, without the dust jacket opened up, if there is fading. My guess would be a little loss of colour, although it is only a guess. Overall looks a very nice set. Thank you for bringing it to everybody’s attention.
    Surprising these days how quickly someone’s goods become trashed without proper examination.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    You posted correctly and so did he. It is very difficult to determine though, without the dust jacket opened up, if there is fading. My guess would be a little loss of colour, although it is only a guess. Overall looks a very nice set. Thank you for bringing it to everybody’s attention.
    Surprising these days how quickly someone’s goods become trashed without proper examination.
    Im not sure my friend if you are referring to my comment... but for someone (me) interested in the set. It was a VERY valid question. While SLinger jackets can be had... Rolled ones are now very few and far between. In fact, I do not think I have seen one sell now in a few years. None that jump to mind anyways. Trashing ones sale is not my forte.. but trashing how one treats another I have great distaste for. Im not looking to buy a $2 coffee and a little kindness and decorum go along way. My two cents here soley for what it is worth...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The seller got back to me with a picture. ITS 100% faded AND bad. He indicated that is NOT fade and the book is fine and its a pigment issue from the press.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO, the "fading-pigmentation" issue does in fact lower the value of the book. Since a new DJ is at least $600 (good luck finding one at that price), the book is worth at least $600 less than one with a fine DJ.

Traveler autopsyroom4 is on a distinguished road

Default Gunslinger and Wastelands Signed Limited

Love this thread and this site! So much info! Still looking for DTI and DTIII #464 to complete my set! Only one year on the hunt! 2023 is my year! Cheers, ALL!

Traveler NMKINGFAN will become famous soon enough NMKINGFAN will become famous soon enough

Ebay Item # 275585456962

Fraudulent Listing: I own these Dark Tower Books

Looking for LSOE #261

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Photos of his Gunslinger are on the link below. As indicated earlier, the individual books are shown if you search his website for Stephen King. I can’t say for sure it is faded or not. Doesn’t look bright yellow like the cover but not as white as the one in the group picture. Would be interested to know if you do think it is faded.

https://www.batsoverbooks.com/produc...d-M-Grant-1982
    If you look it up now, he has added a flat Gunslinger DJ and it's now $27K for them.
    Christine

Traveler Demerol is on a distinguished road

I am in search of #452 for Charlie the Choo Choo if anyone has any leads. Would like to formally "complete" the set! Have #251 if trade is involved.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Alec: DTIII #109 - - - > HERE

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Put me down as the owner of #5 (I-VI). Would love to find the rest of the set, obviously.

Traveler kardiackids will become famous soon enough kardiackids will become famous soon enough

Default #471

Thanks to the help of Mr. Webster, I am now the proud owner of The Gunslinger #471
    If anyone out there has a line on books 2-9 #471 anywhere, please let me know.
    TIA!

Default #137

A full set of #137 was sold at auction today. Another full set, if the front page is being updated at some point.

https://www.pbagalleries.com/view-au...%2Fall-item%2F

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Roopesh did you get it? I came up a little short. $22.5 isn’t a bad price…
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast