Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know if the "blank" S/Ls were distributed with slipcases?

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    I think the “blank” S/L are considered the stolen ones from the book printing company. I don’t believe I’ve seen any with the original slip cases.

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    I think the “blank” S/L are considered the stolen ones from the book printing company. I don’t believe I’ve seen any with the original slip cases.
    That’s true of all of the Gunslingers, but there were blank limitations of the other DT books as well, I assume Colin is also curious about those. I’m not sure myself either - perhaps check with Wolfehr if they can be contacted as it appears they have several?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baalrogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    That’s true of all of the Gunslingers, but there were blank limitations of the other DT books as well, I assume Colin is also curious about those. I’m not sure myself either - perhaps check with Wolfehr if they can be contacted as it appears they have several?
    I'm definitely aware of the DT1s, but I have emailed Wolfehr for clarification.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty reasonably known...assumed, that any blank DTI S/L missing the original slipcase was/ is likely part of a few books that were stolen from the printer.
    At this point any seller should disclose the information. Any buyer should also be aware they are purchasing ill gotten goods.

Just because it happened 40 plus years ago does not negate this fact.

The Nazis looted many valuable pieces of art. Some are finally being returned to the rightful owners 80+ years later.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's pretty reasonably known...assumed, that any blank DTI S/L missing the original slipcase was/ is likely part of a few books that were stolen from the printer.
    At this point any seller should disclose the information. Any buyer should also be aware they are purchasing ill gotten goods.

The Nazis looted many valuable pieces of art. Some are finally being returned to the rightful owners 80+ years later.
    When I contacted grant years ago about purchasing mine thru a second party, Grant publications had zero concerns about them.
    I was also told most were recovered after the theft, and NONE of the “blank” Gunslingers had or have original slipcases.
    My copy arrived in pristine condition w/NO slipcase
    (picture of blank number line in my collecting thread)

I don’t think the “Gunslinger Nazi Police” are coming to knock on my door anytime soon 😏

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

When I contacted grant years ago about purchasing mine thru a second party, Grant publications had zero concerns about them.
    I was also told most were recovered after the theft, and NONE of the “blank” Gunslingers had or have original slipcases.

I don’t think the “Gunslinger Nazi Police” are coming to knock on my door anytime soon 😏
    Thanks, Jerome and Cook. I should have clarified. While I have reached out to Wolfehr via email, I am curious if any of the other "blank" DT S/Ls (e.g. DTII or DTIII, etc.) were also devoid of the slipcase.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome and Cook. I should have clarified. While I have reached out to Wolfehr via email, I am curious if any of the other "blank" DT S/Ls (e.g. DTII or DTIII, etc.) were also devoid of the slipcase.
    I have NEVER seen one with a case and was also told there was no cases.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I personally am not aware of the “later’s” issued devoid of slipcases.
    (You should try contacting Robert at Grants books)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler djpickard is on a distinguished road djpickard's Avatar

I do have a blank limitation DT VI Song of Susannah with the original slipcase. Though it is the only DT blank I have. Acquired somewhat recently.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by djpickard View Post
    I do have a blank limitation DT VI Song of Susannah with the original slipcase. Though it is the only DT blank I have. Acquired somewhat recently.
    You will be pursued. Members here are trying as we speak to contact you, however until you reach 5 posts, (or post on some other site) they will be chomping at the bit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by djpickard View Post
    You will be pursued. Members here are trying as we speak to contact you, however until you reach 5 posts, (or post on some other site) they will be chomping at the bit.
    Agreed!

@djpickard: If you're open to selling/trading it let me know! (mcavoy.colin@gmail.com)

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

What is the allure of a blank limitation page such as the one mentioned above? Just the rarity of it, I assume?
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    What is the allure of a blank limitation page such as the one mentioned above? Just the rarity of it, I assume?
    Because then you can just write in whatever number or letter you want and pretend like it's an original. Just kidding, of course.. although there's strong suspicion that that's happened previously.

But yes, just because of the rarity. Some people try to put together blank limitation sets.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because then you can just write in whatever number or letter you want and pretend like it's an original. Just kidding, of course.. although there's strong suspicion that that's happened previously.

But yes, just because of the rarity. Some people try to put together blank limitation sets.
    No I would say THAT IS EXACTLY IT. I know for a fact people have done this to finish their set.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

No I would say THAT IS EXACTLY IT. I know for a fact people have done this to finish their set.
    ...yeah. .

A picture record of blank limitation pages would be useful (to keep track of the specific signatures on the pages for future reference), particularly for the DT books, but I suppose that probably isn't very feasible or possible at this point.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I just don’t think in that direction…..
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

DTII through VII and it looks like TWTTK #261 (although not LSoE) popped up on eBay from Highend Books. DTI of the same number went up for sale on VFB a couple of years ago, so perhaps whomever picked that one up will see this auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275463887875?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you know for a FACT, call them out, share who these people are !!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree - If there was a duplicate of a number that I owned because someone had filled in their own number on a blank copy I'd want to know about it. Not necessary to divulge the persons name, but if you know for certain, then state the designations.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I was just hoping to start collecting some "blanks."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just hoping to start collecting some "blanks."
    I have a blank if you wish to get together sometime to discuss a possible Trade/Sale scenario.
    (I'm pretty sure we live within an hour of each other)

I don’t believe it was deliberately done by the current owner of the book and likely not known before purchase, but I believe it was deduced that the “AC” lettered Gunslinger currently for sale on VFB was formerly a blank limitation, as the handwriting and style of the “A” are different from other lettered Gunslingers, and it’s missing its original slipcase.

That’s the only one I’m personally aware of at the moment.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently Kris knows of more than one instance. It's not his obligation to disclose the information, but he did state he knows it happened (and his wording would indicate it has occurred more than once).

DTI #290 appeared on eBay this morning, it’s now been sold.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275493016290

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast