Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Baalrog! Congrats on your matching numbers. If you’re patient, the others may surface over time. That’s how I built my set (complete now other than Gunslinger, but I know it’s out there).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi George -- I've owned letter P since 2015. Sorry for not updating sooner.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

DT5 #369 on ebay 05/01/21 seller lefty125 .....first appearance of this humber.

DT3 #440 on ebay 05/01/21 seller lefty125 .....first appearance of this humber.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Master list updated for #453, Letter P, #369 DTV, and #440 DTIII ... thanks for the inputs everyone.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LSOE #175 is now available. Just hit up Greg about this via PM so hope they grab it.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LSOE (Artist Edition) #32 - - - > EBAY

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I own a number of books that on the list are attributed to Priest (having bought them from him)

my Dark Tower S/L "Franken-set" includes:

The Drawing of the Three # 761
    The Wastelands # 67
    Wizard & Glass # 233
    Wolves of the Calla #203
    Song of Susannah # 203
    The Dark Tower # PC
    Little Sisters of Eluria # 171
    The wind through the Keyhole # 171
    (I own the rights to # 171 through Grant)

I am actively seeking DT S/L of # 171 and 203
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I have #211 of TWTTKH. I had it marked wrong in my database so thought it was a higher number.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Master list updated for OneFathom, Lookwhoitis, and ajw2910 entries.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: GUNSLINGER S/L #120 - Help me complete my matching set!
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 - Wizard and Glass
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 trade - Wolves of the Calla
    King signed (or inscribed) - Viking 1/1 - Wizard and Glass

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Curran101 View Post
    No slipcase.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran101 View Post
    No slipcase.
    Interesting that they don't mention it (or did I miss it). If its the case, then thats pretty lame to make the buyer notice the case is missing from the pictures.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Along the Path of the Beam tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16's Avatar

If you want to update the list on page 1, I own:
    DTI #474
    DTII #145, 227, 685
    DTIII #145, 227, 440, 751, 894 and Portfolio #271
    DTIV #60, 145, 751, 808
    DTV #60, 145, 360, 788
    DTVI #60, 145, 360, 788
    DTVII #60, 145, 360, 788
    LSOE #60, 145, 751, 788
    TWTTK #60, 145, 751, 788 (+ 2x PC with remarques from artist directly from Grant)

Would be cool to find DTI #145 or DTI-III#60 - the rest of my collection I'm open to trade/exchange if somebody needs his number

@Goerge - hope you still rember me when we met in Rammstein and you handed me over some of these babies

Along the Path of the Beam mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15's Avatar

Hello, Update to my numbers.
    LSOE #1110 was sold to thedarktower.org member Major.
    Current status is:
    DT III-VII #307
    LSOE & WTTKH #321

I'm still looking for DT I & II #307 as well as Charlie the Choo Choo #307 and Doctor Sleep #307.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It went for $8221, even w/o the slipcase.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 1 master list updated for DT1 #340 and tomi_cc16's hoard. mviera15, you were already GTG. Also updated the entry for DTI #1 with a note that Heritage Auctions currently has DTI #1 for sale, but there's thoughts here that it may actually be a Lettered I; don't think we'll be able to prove that unless either somebody comes forward with Complete Set #1 or others in the series come up for auction.

@George - hope you still remember me when we met in Rammstein and you handed me over some of these babies
    I remember it very well, just didn't remember who I did it for! That was ... 2008-2010 sometime??? I left Germany in 2011.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Page 1 master list updated for DT1 #340 and tomi_cc16's hoard. mviera15, you were already GTG. Also updated the entry for DTI #1 with a note that Heritage Auctions currently has DTI #1 for sale, but there's thoughts here that it may actually be a Lettered I; don't think we'll be able to prove that unless either somebody comes forward with Complete Set #1 or others in the series come up for auction.

@George - hope you still remember me when we met in Rammstein and you handed me over some of these babies
    I remember it very well, just didn't remember who I did it for! That was ... 2008-2010 sometime??? I left Germany in 2011.
    The auction says it is a presentation copy. According to the collectors site, and the compendium here, there were around 25 presentation copies which were unnumbered and without a slipcase. I wonder if that is what this actually is. The description does say there is a slipcase, but it is not pictured.

Can you submit questions to Heritage for clarification? Perhaps Donald Grant would know? When was the Gunslinger released? The date on the inscription could indicate if it was inscribed before or after release, and if before seems like Grant would know if this inscription was on #1, letter I or a presentation copy. Does anyone know what Dick's last name is?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The auction says it is a presentation copy. According to the collectors site, and the compendium here, there were around 25 presentation copies which were unnumbered and without a slipcase. I wonder if that is what this actually is. The description does say there is a slipcase, but it is not pictured.

Can you submit questions to Heritage for clarification? Perhaps Donald Grant would know? When was the Gunslinger released? The date on the inscription could indicate if it was inscribed before or after release, and if before seems like Grant would know if this inscription was on #1, letter I or a presentation copy. Does anyone know what Dick's last name is?
    Our only confirmed Presentation Copy is marked "Special" in the limitation. I think many folks use "Presentation Copy" when they actually mean inscribed, as this one is. What throws me is Whelan's signature way down low below his inscription; either he signed there normally and had space to add an inscription afterwards, or he knew ahead of time who it was going to be for; personally I think that's unlikely for a tip-in page, and besides if he knew then you'd think King would have known as well and inscribed in his signature block as well versus on the title page. Still, you might also think that if this actually was book #1 then the owner might be pre-known since it was going to be presented as something special.

I'll tell ya, if somewhere out there the DTI #1 collection is intact, that certainly questions what this book might be. Is it a Letter I? Maybe, but I doubt it ... you'd think they'd cross bars top and bottom. If it did start off life as a blank limitation copy and somebody wrote in a 1 to increase value, would they also go through the trouble of forging signatures? Or maybe this is the actual #1, and the copy in the complete set (if it still exists) used to a blank and somebody wrote in a 1. It does say that it comes with a slipcase, but you're correct in that no photos shown so is it an original or a replacement? If replacement, I'd then lean towards this being a blank copy that was inscribed and then the owner wrote in a #1. But all of this is just conjecture, what's really needed is provenance for the book; without that I wouldn't drop a penny on it.

Questions may absolutely be submitted to Heritage, they're very good about it actually and will update descriptions or even pull lots when there are questions.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I submitted this to Heritage:

Good Afternoon - I'm a moderator at TheDarkTower.org website, we specialize in Stephen King literature, have members with tremendous specialized collections, and as a group have questions/reservations regarding the authenticity of this The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger S/L #1 which we thought you would be interested to know. The key pieces missing in the description are provenance (sales slip, ownership record, etc.) and photo of the slipcase. 1) A complete DTI-DTVII signed/limited #1 set is known to have existed in Hartford, CT. We cannot confirm the set hasn't been broken up and sold individually, only that it was intact previously. 2) Our only confirmed Presentation Copy is marked "Special" in the limitation. We would call this copy "Inscribed" versus presentation. 3) This may actually be a Lettered I vs Number 1, but if so you would think that Grant would have put bars top and bottom to differentiate from the number 1. If lettered versus numbered, the value changes significantly. 4) There are multiple known blank limitation copies, as well as a theft at Grant during production; forgery by writing in numbers/letters on the blanks is a known issue. 5) Whelan's signature is very low on the signature page, with inscription above; on other S/L copies of DTI his signature is above his name. 6) There's a possibility this is the true #1 copy and the one in the known complete set (if still extant) is a blank limitation forgery. 7) Description mentions "Housed in grey cloth slipcase with very light edgewear.", but no photo is provided. This is actually key to helping ID forgeries, as blank limitation & stolen copies did not come with a slipcase. Detailed photo(s) would help identify if the described slipcase is original or a substitute. All of this is of course conjecture; what's really needed is provenance for the book, ideally the original sales slip. There are many legitimacy questions about this one. Sincerely, George White

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen a lettered Gunslinger with lower case being used.

Along the Path of the Beam tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16's Avatar

I submitted this to Heritage:

Good Afternoon - I'm a moderator at TheDarkTower.org website, we specialize in Stephen King literature, have members with tremendous specialized collections, and as a group have questions/reservations regarding the authenticity of this The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger S/L #1 which we thought you would be interested to know. The key pieces missing in the description are provenance (sales slip, ownership record, etc.) and photo of the slipcase. 1) A complete DTI-DTVII signed/limited #1 set is known to have existed in Hartford, CT. We cannot confirm the set hasn't been broken up and sold individually, only that it was intact previously. 2) Our only confirmed Presentation Copy is marked "Special" in the limitation. We would call this copy "Inscribed" versus presentation. 3) This may actually be a Lettered I vs Number 1, but if so you would think that Grant would have put bars top and bottom to differentiate from the number 1. If lettered versus numbered, the value changes significantly. 4) There are multiple known blank limitation copies, as well as a theft at Grant during production; forgery by writing in numbers/letters on the blanks is a known issue. 5) Whelan's signature is very low on the signature page, with inscription above; on other S/L copies of DTI his signature is above his name. 6) There's a possibility this is the true #1 copy and the one in the known complete set (if still extant) is a blank limitation forgery. 7) Description mentions "Housed in grey cloth slipcase with very light edgewear.", but no photo is provided. This is actually key to helping ID forgeries, as blank limitation & stolen copies did not come with a slipcase. Detailed photo(s) would help identify if the described slipcase is original or a substitute. All of this is of course conjecture; what's really needed is provenance for the book, ideally the original sales slip. There are many legitimacy questions about this one. Sincerely, George White
    I talked last week with Robert from Grant regarding my latest order to Germany, next time when I will call him again I will ask him about it. Do not wonder if Grant will not reply immediately per mail - sometimes it can take time (and a friendly reminder).

Haha - it was in 2011 on a hot day - very close to your departure to Colorado - if I remember correctly most of your stuff was already packed and ready to be shipped. For me it was cool to meet you and also to see the Ramstein base/housing area from inside.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I've never seen a lettered Gunslinger with lower case being used.
    Jerome,

I wouldn't think that's a lower-case letter because there is no dot above the letter for an "i." Many people write an upper-case "I" without the serifs as Alec mentioned in a previous post. Just like many people write their "7s" like they appear on the typewriter key, just as many cross their "7s." Just my opinion.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe this was a blank copy where someone wrote 1 in. Simple as that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

What a strange coincidence that several DT1 S/Ls that have hit the market within the last month and ALL have been missing the slipcase.

#1 (Currently for sale via Heritage Auctions)
    #340 (Sold via Ebay)
    #400 (Sold via Live Auctioneers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast