Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The stolen copy variant?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The stolen copy variant?
    Technically, yes.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The stolen copy variant?
    There are three currently known DT 1 Blank Limitation copies. From the letter, it was Robert's opinion that Tony's copy was one of the stolen ones ... but how could you tell from other copies that might have had blank limitations, those set aside as replacement copies? Were there any specific indicators in the stolen copies to deliniate them?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    The stolen copy variant?
    There are three currently known DT 1 Blank Limitation copies. From the letter, it was Robert's opinion that Tony's copy was one of the stolen ones ... but how could you tell from other copies that might have had blank limitations, those set aside as replacement copies? Were there any specific indicators in the stolen copies to deliniate them?

• Blank Limitation page
    • No slipcase

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The stolen copy variant?

• Blank Limitation page
    • No slipcase
    The missing slipcase is a big tell.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The stolen copy variant?

• Blank Limitation page
    • No slipcase

Agreed. Any blank DTI S/L w/o a case should be bought and sold as a "likely" stolen copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The stolen copy variant?

• Blank Limitation page
    • No slipcase

Agreed. Any blank DTI S/L w/o a case should be bought and sold as a "likely" stolen copy.
    Yep. This one with the letter and the case Grant made for it... sets it apart from the other shady copies.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Blank Limitation page
    No slipcase
    Yep. This one with the letter and the case Grant made for it... sets it apart from the other shady copies.
    Okay, hang on a minute. There are only three known Gunslinger's with Blank Limitation (per our list; may be others out there of course). Tony's copy presumably has no case (Tony?), thus Robert classifying it as one of the stolen ones. What about the other two? Wolfer, Cook, do either of your copies have a slipcase? Is that the only known difference between them? Are there any verified non-stolen copies known?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there any verified non-stolen copies known?
    500+

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any verified non-stolen copies known?
    500+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A blank copy lacking a slipcase does not 100% guarantee it was one of the stolen copies, but without verifiable evidence of why the slipcase is missing (and the copy is blank) it should be presumed to have been one of the stolen copies.

Just because the crime occurred ~40 years ago doesn't mean the book isn't tainted. Anyone buying or selling a copy may be beyond the statute of limitations for the crime, but BTAIM, it should be represented as what it likely is.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NECON-Man View Post
    Don and I were meeting King and Romero at the cinema for the preview of Creepshow. Unfortunately, the movie cinema broadcasted the event to the public and King and Romero were overwhelmed by the crowd requesting signatures. Due to the crowd size they did not stay for the event. Stephen quickly signed my book.

https://postimg.cc/vxxW7pp6
    WOW!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Tony's copy presumably has no case (Tony?), thus Robert classifying it as one of the stolen ones.
    My copy does not have the original case that traditionally came with these editions. It does have a custom tray case that was made by Grant. While I only have the response letter from grant I assume the initial letter inquired about the lack of a limitation and case. I imagine that the case was not voluntarily made for a presumed stolen copy but instead was commissioned.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We've been talking about these "blank" copies lately a lot and look what just popped up. A word of caution before you click the link, though, it's not pretty - - - > EBAY

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    We've been talking about these "blank" copies lately a lot and look what just popped up. A word of caution before you click the link, though, it's not pretty - - - > EBAY
    Wow. Did someone bury that in their backyard for a few years? I do admire the seller’s optimism with that asking price.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Wow. Did someone bury that in their backyard for a few years? I do admire the seller’s optimism with that asking price.
    It was a stolen copy, so maybe they did bury the loot!

That is really sad.

Traveler tjhughes100 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the complete set DT I-TWTTKH #455 to add to your list.

Purchased the first three from private collector then the rest direct from Grant.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the complete set DT I-TWTTKH #455 to add to your list.

Purchased the first three from private collector then the rest direct from Grant.
    Congrats TJ; check your inbox, I dropped a PM.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I had this updated years ago but I own 2-twttkh #246. Hope Gunslinger is out there somewhere. Apparently a former member here, jemaher, owned or owns it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally posted by kingfan2323

I thought I had this updated years ago but I own 2-twttkh #246. Hope Gunslinger is out there somewhere. Apparently a former member here, jemaher, owned or owns it.
    Master list updated, congrats! (Well, except for that missing DT I )

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi George,

Divemaster sold DT1 #196 back around 2016, so please include that the next time you’re updating. He sold it via Heritage Auctions, so it’s out there somewhere but he never learned who bought it.

Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi George,

Divemaster sold DT1 #196 back around 2016, so please include that the next time you’re updating. He sold it via Heritage Auctions, so it’s out there somewhere but he never learned who bought it.

Thanks.
    #196 updated, thank you Patrick!

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Jay helped me complete my set some years ago - his profile is still on the site so it might be worth a PM to him? Very nice guy

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Jay helped me complete my set some years ago - his profile is still on the site so it might be worth a PM to him? Very nice guy
    Have definately tried. If anyone knows him or contact info I would appreciate it. Sent you a pm Mike

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Master list updated for DTI #202 by Frondz!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast