Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Niels.
    Very kind of you.
    Alec.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry withdrew from the site. He is unlikely to answer a PM, but the email contact might work.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

updated #321 for WTTKH S/L buy by a friend of mine.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you for the advice Jerome.
    All the best
    Alec.

Traveler NECON-Man is on a distinguished road

Default Dark Tower Complete Publisher Set

George,
    I would like to add my Dark Tower set to your list all are publisher copies, except for the original Gunslinger book which is marked as special copy and is inscribed to me by King on the front end papers and Don Grant. I also have Copy I of the Talisman Book to be added to your other list.

thanks

Default Images

I do not know what I did wrong but the image link did not appear. Trying again

Along the Path of the Beam mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15's Avatar

Update as of 1/5/21

I now own:

#54 of DT II
    #307 of DT III - DT VII
    #1110 of LSOE
    #321 of TWTTK

Still on the quest to identify who owns #307 of DT II, LSOE, TWTTK. HELP!! :-)

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mvieira15 View Post
    Hello all,

I’m on a bit of a quest to complete a matched set of The Dark Tower series limited editions. I currently own:

#54 of DT II
    #307 of DT III - DT VII
    #1110 of LSOE

I’m trying to locate whomever currently owns the remaining #307 books to see if a swap can be made for DT II & LSOE. Obviously I’d need to purchase the remaining DT I & WTTKH.

Silly me gave up my #307 after DT VII was published and now.... well I’m sure you all understand. ☹️

Any help in locating the missing 307s will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NECON-Man View Post
    I do not know what I did wrong but the image link did not appear. Trying again
    How to: Add links, pics & videos

Default Pictures

thank you
    This was the link I was trying to post

http://postimg.cc/gallery/2jBzQZn

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NECON-Man View Post
    thank you
    This was the link I was trying to post

http://postimg.cc/gallery/2jBzQZn
    Legit, Michael. Thanks for sharing! That "special" Gunslinger is certainly one-of-a-kind. Very cool.

thank you.
    they are very special to me. Don was a special friend that I used to help out.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally posted by NECON-Man

George,
    I would like to add my Dark Tower set to your list all are publisher copies, except for the original Gunslinger book which is marked as special copy and is inscribed to me by King on the front end papers and Don Grant. I also have Copy I of the Talisman Book to be added to your other list.
    Wow, it's amazing that another new PC set with a different DT I has surfaced within weeks of the last. NECON-Man, could you post a photo of the King inscription as well?

Jerome, how do we want to categorize this "Special" DT I ... Presentation Copy? Seems to meet the definition if it was presented by Grant. A "Special" copy has never been reported before that I know of.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Originally posted by NECON-Man

George,
    Wow, it's amazing that another new PC set with a different DT I has surfaced within weeks of the last. NECON-Man, could you post a photo of the King inscription as well?

Jerome, how do we want to categorize this "Special" DT I ... Presentation Copy? A "Special" copy has never been reported before that I know of.
    What other choices are there than a PC? Anything that’s not a number or letter Shoudl be a PC to me. But just my thoughts...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Since is was given (and inscribed by) by the publisher, it should be listed as a "PC" "Presentation Copy but a notation of the "Special" designation can be made. That's my thought, but I'd love to hear from others-particularly David from Betts.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What other choices are there than a PC? Anything that’s not a number or letter Shoudl be a PC to me. But just my thoughts...
    We currently have Numbered, Lettered, Publisher's Copy, Blank Limitation, and Presentation. My thinking is this is a Presentation Copy if it was presented by Grant to the recipient; I'd venture to say it's definitely not a PC or a Blank Limitation as it's been given a separate designation.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    We currently have Numbered, Lettered, Publisher's Copy, Blank Limitation, and Presentation. My thinking is this is a Presentation Copy if it was presented by Grant to the recipient; I'd venture to say it's definitely not a PC or a Blank Limitation as it's been given a separate designation.
    I realize that I guess. I mean anything not designated is a PC to me. This book or any other. Again, my thoughts on the matter.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited my post above to say Presentation, not PC copy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Update as of 1/5/21

I now own:

#54 of DT II
    #307 of DT III - DT VII
    #1110 of LSOE
    #321 of TWTTK

Still on the quest to identify who owns #307 of DT II, LSOE, TWTTK. HELP!! :-)

Thanks,

Mark
    Master List updated for #321 TWTTK (was already updated for the others). Thanks Mark!

Default Gunslinger Inscription

Don and I were meeting King and Romero at the cinema for the preview of Creepshow. Unfortunately, the movie cinema broadcasted the event to the public and King and Romero were overwhelmed by the crowd requesting signatures. Due to the crowd size they did not stay for the event. Stephen quickly signed my book.

https://postimg.cc/vxxW7pp6

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Inscription
    Don and I were meeting King and Romero at the cinema for the preview of Creepshow. Unfortunately, the movie cinema broadcasted the event to the public and King and Romero were overwhelmed by the crowd requesting signatures. Due to the crowd size they did not stay for the event. Stephen quickly signed my book.

https://postimg.cc/vxxW7pp6
    Just wow.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay folks, so here's what we've done. First, thanks to Cook for the phone call and info regarding his "Blank Presentation Copy", which it turns out isn't a presentation copy but rather is a now third DT I Blank Limitation. So I've gone and updated the following sections of the master list to reflect:

Numbered
    #79 (not complete DT 1 Blank Limitation and DT II-VII, LSOE and TWTTK all owned by TDT.org member Cook current 01/21) --- Was previously shown as four asterisk "complete" but that counted the Blank Presentation Copy as DT I #79

Publisher's Copy
    Publisher's Copy Set (not complete DTII-DTVII, LSOE and TWTTK owned by TDT.org member NECON-Man 01/21)

Blank Limitation
    Blank Limitation (not complete I owned by TDT.org member Cook 01/21) --- Was previously listed as Blank Presentation Copy

Presentation Copy
    DT I marked "speciaL" in the limitation and inscribed by Donald M. Grant; owned by TDT.org member NECON-Man 01/21

I've also updated the catalog with photos of the Presentation Copy and Blank Limitation Gunslingers.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated master list with DT I Letter AY; you know, the one that's been in the catalog forever?

Country
    Country Flag

I have set #452 for sale. DT 1- Wind.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to TonyD2336 for this, a 2002 letter from Grant discussing the stolen Gunslingers. I'm adding it to the catalog "Discussion" for reference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast