Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's obviously rare, and certainly is of enough importance to be listed. Perhaps:

"Complete set", comprising a Publishers Copy of DTI, and Blank limitations for DTII-DTVII, LSOE, and TWTTK
    Front page updated "1 complete set comprising a Blank Limitation of DTI and Publisher's Copies of DTII-DTVII, LSOE, and TWTTK (TDT.org member TonyD2336 12/20)"
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good. I had my description backwards. Glad you listed it correctly.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Dyslexia's a hctib.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, all. I really appreciate the compromise. It’s an honor to make the list. Looks like my search continues

Gunslinger Apprentice Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101 is a jewel in the rough Curran101's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up a Dark Tower II - Drawing of Three S/L #170 a few months ago. Feel free to add to list if desired.
    Wanted: GUNSLINGER S/L #120 - Help me complete my matching set!
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 - Wizard and Glass
    King signed (or inscribed) - Grant 1/1 trade - Wolves of the Calla
    King signed (or inscribed) - Viking 1/1 - Wizard and Glass

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good afternoon George. Compliments of the season.
    I have:
    DTI, DTII, DTIII and DTVII (140). Would love to hear from anyone on information on the missing 140’s.
    DTI (109).
    DTI (408)
    I have two others in split sets. I am not at home and not sure of the numbers. Will send them on my return.
    You have me down for complete #78 (DTI-TWTTKH).
    If ever you decide to start a numbered list I have DTI (AB and AE).
    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2021.
    Alec.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up a Dark Tower II - Drawing of Three S/L #170 a few months ago. Feel free to add to list if desired.
    Master list updated (and congrats)!

Good afternoon George. Compliments of the season.
    I have:
    DTI, DTII, DTIII and DTVII (140). Would love to hear from anyone on information on the missing 140’s.
    DTI (109).
    DTI (408)
    I have two others in split sets. I am not at home and not sure of the numbers. Will send them on my return.
    You have me down for complete #78 (DTI-TWTTKH).
    If ever you decide to start a numbered list I have DTI (AB and AE).
    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2021.
    Alec.
    Master list updated for 109, 140 and 408 Alec. Standby regarding AB & AE!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good News; we've added a "Lettered" section to the first page! We also went and made the separation of the different states a little more obvious; we now have NUMBERED, LETTERED GUNSLINGER, PUBLISHER'S COPY, BLANK LIMITATION, and PRESENTATION COPY.

To kick off the new Lettered section, OneFathom's DTI #S and Alec's DTI #AB and #AE have been added!

Have a Lettered Gunslinger in your collection? Let us know and we'll get it added! Post photos for others to see!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Good News; we've added a "Lettered" section to the first page! We also went and made the separation of the different states a little more obvious; we now have NUMBERED, LETTERED GUNSLINGER, PUBLISHER'S COPY, BLANK LIMITATION, and PRESENTATION COPY.

To kick off the new Lettered section, OneFathom's DTI #S and Alec's DTI #AB and #AE have been added!

Have a Lettered DTI in your collection? Let us know and we'll get it added! Post photos for others to see!
    Next level, right here. Thanks for the update, George.

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Have a Lettered Gunslinger in your collection? Let us know and we'll get it added! Post photos for others to see!
    Were lettered editions of books II-IIV, LSOE, and WTTKH ever produced? I know this question has been asked before, but I’m not sure if a definitive answer was ever agreed upon.

My blank limitation DT I came with a letter from Grant explaining that a small but unknown number of the S/L DT I books were stolen from the bindery before they were shipped to Grant, and my book appeared to be one of those copies. This was also the reason that it did not have a slipcase. (My book came with a custom slipcase made by Grant).
    Concerning the blank limitation and un-numbered copies of DT I, how do you identify one from the other? Is it the presence of an inscription?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Were lettered editions of books II-IIV, LSOE, and WTTKH ever produced? I know this question has been asked before, but I’m not sure if a definitive answer was ever agreed upon.
    I understand the answer to be No, lettereds were only produced for the Gunslinger. This is what the catalog reflects, and I don't believe I've ever seen a lettered of any of the others. Anybody???? The POSSIBILITY of a lettered exists because there were blank limitation copies produced as replacements for damaged books, so someone could write in a letter ... but it wouldn't be legit.

Concerning the blank limitation and un-numbered copies of DT I, how do you identify one from the other? Is it the presence of an inscription?
    They are one and the same, just different descriptor. I actually changed the master list so it was the same wording throughout, it only reads "Blank Limitation" now. My question would be regarding the Blank Presentation Copy belonging to Cook; how is it identified as a Presentation Copy if blank? My assumption there would be inscription.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Were lettered editions of books II-IIV, LSOE, and WTTKH ever produced?
    That was a good question; to help clarify a little more I've gone ahead and changed master list "Lettered DTI" to "Lettered Gunslinger" to make it clear its only the one book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated master list for Gunslinger Lettered #AC, for sale by Heartwood Books and Art on Abe (and it can be yours for $11K)

Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate the clarification!

My question would be regarding the Blank Presentation Copy belonging to Cook; how is it identified as a Presentation Copy if blank? My assumption there would be inscription.
    From https://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/dt1.html “ 25 (possibly fewer) copies called "Presentation Copies", signed but not numbered and no slipcase”

If there isn’t an inscription this is one possibility for the Cook’s designation.

The letter from Grant that came with my Gunslinger raises questions about these ~25 copies.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Number 51 is no longer a complete set. Sold off individually I believe.
    I own TLSOE and TWTTKH. No others were available at the time.

Lettered copy AF was sold by Very Fine Books a few years ago. It is still showing on the site.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Master list updated for #51 and Lettered #AF (thank you Alec!)

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, George...

Would you be down with adding a section for available PCs? I know we have the sets listed, but it might help somebody looking for a copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't we have a thread for wanted #'s?

Poll: What's your Number?-Want list for specific S/L #'s

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, George...

Would you be down with adding a section for available PCs? I know we have the sets listed, but it might help somebody looking for a copy.
    Don't we have a thread for wanted #'s?
    Yep, gotta agree with the boss on this one; really don't want to get For Sale/Wanted lists mixed in, especially when multiple other threads for that already exist (Collectible Classifieds, What's Your Number, King Books/Items Wanted).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive recordkeeping, George!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive recordkeeping, George!
    I'm just helping out at the boss' request; much easier to maintain than it was for David to build it in the first place!

Awesome Niels, thanks for pointing that out! This one is inscribed as well (though not double-signed) and can be yours for minimum bid of $10K. Couple of photos:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s hard to imagine having a lettered Gunslinger in the first place. Even harder to imagine it being personally inscribed and then selling it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Would anyone have Terry Newsom’s contact details, regarding the Gunslinger Letter ‘L’ ?
    Contact information to: elmsbooks.smith@gmail.com
    I do not use Facebook.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Would anyone have Terry Newsom’s contact details, regarding the Gunslinger Letter ‘L’ ?
    Contact information to: elmsbooks.smith@gmail.com
    I do not use Facebook.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    I think he's a member here, using the nick 'Sir_Boomme'.

Last visit was 8 months ago.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast