Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    These is another full PC set now to. I sold the PC slinger last week to the guy to complete it.
    I'll need a little more than that to go on before I can update the front page; TDT user name or other, and a photo of the complete set would be nice for proof.
    You need proof? Lol he isn’t a member here and My word Should be enough. Don’t update it if it isn’t
    Kris -

You sold a single book but the set isn't yours, so I'm just asking for verification before we update. You also didn't say if it was a complete set I-VII or complete set + LSOE + TWTTK. Other entries look like this:

Publisher's Copy Set (I-VII + LSOE + TWTTK complete Wizardsrainbow 7/06)
    Publisher's Copy Set (I-VII complete Carlosdetweiller)
    Publisher's Copy Set (I-VII complete chriscujo/Bett's)
    Publisher's Copy Set (I-VII + LSOE + TWTTK complete owned by TDT.org member Johnny007 12/20)
    Publisher's Copy Set (I-VII + LSOE + TWTTK complete OneFathom 1/18)

If you've seen the set yourself and can verify with or w/o LSOE + TWTTK then I'm comfortable with that, but if you haven't seen it yourself and the owner isn't a member here then I'd just ask for proof before we update. It's not a big deal. Besides, the name of the thread has "Who Owns Them" in it, so .......
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Your word is solid Kris, I have known you a long time, however that is not in dispute here.
    David Williamson spent an incredible amount of time to supply an information base, now picked up by George.
    I believe it behoves everyone to supply a name and as much information as possible, otherwise it falls to pieces.
    My collection contains a complete set #78 (listed) added to this I have two other sets (with split numbers) and 5 signed limited Gunslingers. When I eventually get round to emailing George they will all be accompanied by images.
    I expect him to take my word and also my information and proof.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, I'm also good with annotating a "Known To" as has been done previously, I just ask that you verify or have verified the set yourself if the owner doesn't want to share photos or be known. What I don't want to do is add a brand new complete 6th set to the list without some sort of verification.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

George, you might as well update mine while you're at it. #64 1-V11 + LSOE + TWTTK.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Kris, I'm also good with annotating a "Known To" as has been done previously, I just ask that you verify or have verified the set yourself if the owner doesn't want to share photos or be known. What I don't want to do is add a brand new complete 6th set to the list without some sort of verification.
    No prob. But know there is another now too my man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

George, you might as well update mine while you're at it. #64 1-V11 + LSOE + TWTTK.
    Done!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Update for DT1 #23...it appears it was recently sold (past couple of weeks). I found out while chatting with this dude on Instagram who purchased it. He says he's a member here, but I don't have the username.

For the record, I have not confirmed this with TNTZDAD, who is on-record as the owner, as of July 2020.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to drop him a PM but he's not receiving; hopefully he (or the buyer) will see this and verify, then we can get the list updated. Thanks for posting the info Colin.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to drop him a PM but he's not receiving; hopefully he (or the buyer) will see this and verify, then we can get the list updated. Thanks for posting the info Colin.
    The buyer says he's a member here with the same user name as on Instagram (kingcollector19), but I don't see any mention of it in the Members List. I did, however, confirm this person has DT1 #23 via a video posted to their Instagram page.

Traveler Gaffa is on a distinguished road Gaffa's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    The buyer says he's a member here with the same user name as on Instagram (kingcollector19), but I don't see any mention of it in the Members List. I did, however, confirm this person has DT1 #23 via a video posted to their Instagram page.
    I can also confirm that, as well as his Insta name as KingCollector19.
    I sold him #23 when I sold off my unmatched set to buy #428.
    Seeking:
    -- PC-designated Dark Tower books I, III, V, and VIII.
    -- Any Dark Tower remarqued books.
    -- Charlie the Choo-Choo #428 and The Road to the Dark Tower #428

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can also confirm that, as well as his Insta name as KingCollector19.
    I sold him #23 when I sold off my unmatched set to buy #428.
    Master list updated for DTI #23.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

He is a member, but has never posted, so I don't think his name will appear in the Members List
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Traveler JakeRoseEddie is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Thought I'd add to your list. I'm in the process of moving right now, so haven't checked the rest of the series. I might have two others of the same number. Will update later.

#462 LSOE

I am looking to complete the set. Or at least get a complete #s matching set.

Also have a matching #462 of the artist edition. There was a little snafu in shipping LSOE, as I requested a numbers match for my DTVI. It's been so long I can't remember if we got it worked out.

J.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Master list updated for #462 LSOE ... and welcome to the site JakeRoseEddie!

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I probably should have come here as soon as I got my un-numbered slinger in my hands, but I am the owner of the latest PC set. I-IIV + LSOE + WTTKH.

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, TonyD. Congratulations on this awesome collection.

Not to take anything away from this holy grail item, but would we consider a "blank" copy a PC?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not to take anything away from this holy grail item, but would we consider a "blank" copy a PC?
    I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

In my opinion we wouldn't because an unscrupulous collector could make it anything they wanted. PCs have been clearly denoted.
    Thank you, oneFathom!
    Isn’t it the publisher’s responsibility to assign the copy designation? With no official designation I would consider it a “Publisher’s Copy”.

Kingfan24, would an “unscrupulous collector” openly claim ownership of such an item? This copy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, so if you ever see a “fishy” S/L Gunslinger I’d be more than happy to show you that my copy remains un-designated and in my possession.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Purely as an observation, the complete list on Page 1 shows:

5 complete Publishers Sets.
    1 complete No Number Set.

I take it then that any blend of the two categories suits either designation?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Purely as an observation, the complete list on Page 1 shows:

5 complete Publishers Sets.
    1 complete No Number Set.

I take it then that any blend of the two categories suits either designation?
    Any blend would take the designation of Publisher’s Copy Set. Only a set made completely of books with out a number could be designated a complete No Number Set. I do believe that the No Number Set could also be accurately considered a Complete PC Set.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to take away from the remarkable collection, but it's neither a complete Publisher's set, nor a complete "blank" set.
    If I had II through VII and Lsoe, plus Twttk all number "2" and a blank Gunslinger, or PC Gunslinger, that would not be a complete matching set.

What you have is a blank Gunslinger and the rest physically designated as Publishers copy.

I wish I owned them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably should have come here as soon as I got my un-numbered slinger in my hands, but I am the owner of the latest PC set. I-IIV + LSOE + WTTKH.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMCaoocfWrbeg3Eu5
    Not to take away from the remarkable collection, but it's neither a complete Publisher's set, nor a complete "blank" set.
    If I had II through VII and Lsoe, plus Twttk all number "2" and a blank Gunslinger, or PC Gunslinger, that would not be a complete matching set.

What you have is a blank Gunslinger and the rest physically designated as Publishers copy.

I wish I owned them.
    So whaddya think boss, as far as a first page update? Make it a third "mixed" entry of PC & No-Number? Designate it with an asterisk? Not list it at all as it's not truly a "Complete" of either? Tough call. Personally I think it should be listed somehow as it's still a pretty great achievement pulling it together.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMCaoocfWrbeg3Eu5

I wish I owned them.
    So whaddya think boss, as far as a first page update? Make it a third "mixed" entry of PC & No-Number? Designate it with an asterisk? Not list it at all as it's not truly a "Complete" of either? Tough call. Personally I think it should be listed somehow as it's still a pretty great achievement pulling it together.
    Use an asterisk with a codicil that the Gunslinger is a blank "out of series" copy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's obviously rare, and certainly is of enough importance to be listed. Perhaps:

"Complete set", comprising a Publishers Copy of DTI, and Blank limitations for DTII-DTVII, LSOE, and TWTTK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast