Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Talisman1964, like all new members, needs 5 posts before they can send private messages.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am on the lookout for Gunslinger S/l as well. But hoping for something in the range of 5k to 5.6k. With slipcase. I AMnot in a hurry due to NO part time job (layed off)

If I was buying. I would use a middleman. David from Betts comes to mind. When dealing with new members here and high ticket items such as this!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Talisman1964, like all new members, needs 5 posts before they can send private messages.
    I had to reply - just so I could see what number I needed...so close to #422 but so far away
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Talisman1964.
    You can use my mail: elmsbooks.smith@gmail.com

John F. Kennedy Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Kingfan24. My preference would be to sell the set complete but will get back to you if that is not a possibility.
    Alec. My email address is ciarrai1@eircom.net if you would like to email me. I cant send a PM to you. Not sure why.
    Talisman1964

John F. Kennedy Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough Talisman1964 is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Alex,
    My email is ciarrai1@eircom.net if you would like to email me.
    Talisman1964

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick for the information.
    Thanks Alex for your advice and help.
    Much appreciated.
    Talisman1964

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's everyone's take on this one? Is it a "5" or a "S?"

Dropbox link - - -> HERE.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say 5.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I would say No.5.
    However on the complete sets listing the No.5 Set is down as being privately owned. Assuming this Gunslinger is seperate.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I would say No.5.
    However on the complete sets listing the No.5 Set is down as being privately owned. Assuming this Gunslinger is seperate.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, this is a standalone copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a 5 to me too.

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a Publisher’s Copy DTI.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD2336 View Post
    Looking for a Publisher’s Copy DTI.
    Good luck in your search! Are you working on a PC set? If so, what have you acquired so far?

Traveler TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about TonyD2336 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Good luck in your search! Are you working on a PC set? If so, what have you acquired so far?
    DT1 would complete my set. I’ve been told that 2 of the 12 publisher’s copies were lost to water damage, and I think I saw 5 completed PC sets on your list. I know those are some pretty slim pickings but I still have hope.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT1 would complete my set. I’ve been told that 2 of the 12 publisher’s copies were lost to water damage, and I think I saw 5 completed PC sets on your list. I know those are some pretty slim pickings but I still have hope.
    A lot of collectors in here to chime in but is collecting a PC set of books pretty much only a thing for the DT set? Just curious.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    A lot of collectors in here to chime in but is collecting a PC set of books pretty much only a thing for the DT set? Just curious.

I would say yes, unless your goal is to have a full set of s/l pc’s

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly until about 2 years ago I was completely ignorant to the collecting world. I’ve always loved reading king but that was the extent of it. I kind of stumbled across several PC S/L books and started grabbing up what I could. Personally I think they have their own special allure. I do understand the thought process of those who disagree though. To each their own...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly until about 2 years ago I was completely ignorant to the collecting world. I’ve always loved reading king but that was the extent of it. I kind of stumbled across several PC S/L books and started grabbing up what I could. Personally I think they have their own special allure. I do understand the thought process of those who disagree though. To each their own...
    Part of collecting is rarity so that swings in PC favor usually.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't look at it that way. If there are 15 PC copies for an edition, then that is 15 times as many as #209 for example. PC is just another "number" or "letter", but one that is used on multiple copies. So if you have a number then your book is "unique" but if it has PC it isn't (or not likely). Just the way I look at it.

I generally stay away from PC copies.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Yeah, I don't look at it that way. If there are 15 PC copies for an edition, then that is 15 times as many as #209 for example. PC is just another "number" or "letter", but one that is used on multiple copies. So if you have a number then your book is "unique" but if it has PC it isn't (or not likely). Just the way I look at it.

I generally stay away from PC copies.
    Funny - I read this to mean that PC copies are less rare and thus easier to collect!

Though I suppose if you don't have a preference for numbers, finding any number is probably easier than specifically finding a PC, so maybe I'm the one who misinterpreted it

FWIW I don't have a strong preference for numbers/letters vs. PC copies, unless we're talking about matching across a set. For that I'd prefer, in order: (1) matching number for all books, (2) matching PC for all books, (3) matching number for as many books as possible with PC filling the gaps, (4) matching number for as many books as possible with another matching number filling in the gaps, (5) anything else. Otherwise, I wouldn't generally pay much of a premium to have a number over a PC, but I'd happily pay less to have a PC copy (which is usually the case).

Along the Path of the Beam mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15 will become famous soon enough mvieira15's Avatar

Default Dark Tower S/L #307

Hello all,

I’m on a bit of a quest to complete a matched set of The Dark Tower series limited editions. I currently own:

#54 of DT II
    #307 of DT III - DT VII
    #1110 of LSOE

I’m trying to locate whomever currently owns the remaining #307 books to see if a swap can be made for DT II & LSOE. Obviously I’d need to purchase the remaining DT I & WTTKH.

Silly me gave up my #307 after DT VII was published and now.... well I’m sure you all understand. ☹️

Any help in locating the missing 307s will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I now own #101 of V-VII LSOE and WTTKH. I am currently looking for the rest of the set. I also own #473 of III and #1,070 of IV

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    I now own #101 of V-VII LSOE and WTTKH. I am currently looking for the rest of the set.
    I owned those once upon a time (at least 2-3 owners ago). I think I still have the matching LSOE artist edition and maybe a matching Road to the Dark Tower (Bev Vincent). Let me know if you're interested in those and I can look for sure (most of my books are in boxes waiting for library shelves right now). Good luck!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks, but right now I'm only looking for the original set. I know #101 of the wastelands is out there Im hoping to do an even swap for that one as my wastelands is under #500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast