Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default oh, i c

I didn't realize they were just random order for the screennames on EBay. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, zero feedback can be scary!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even look at feedback at all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

i would expect that it is easier to perpetrate shill bidding by using new accounts with little or no feedback

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Shill bidding won't be the problem...a phony, timewasting bid would be...but everybody's got to start somewhere.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Shill bidding won't be the problem...a phony, timewasting bid would be...but everybody's got to start somewhere.
    Exactly.
    If the seller receives the auction ending price- 7.5K (or what ever an auction ends at) all is well. If not, it would be trouble.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another complete set confirmed, #301, owned by Bruce Hanson, a customer of Betts. That makes 58 complete numbered sets known and 4 PC sets.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A search uncovered the following new numbers added to the list:

#65 DT I for sale at Lloyd Currey Books
    #229 DT I for sale at Mystery Cove Bookshop
    #433 DT I for sale at Leonard Shoup Books

#98 updated DT I for sale at Llotd Currey Books

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Traveler Araknid01 is on a distinguished road

Default DotT # 400 Found

THE DARK TOWER II: THE DRAWING OF THE THREE (ISBN: 0937986909 / 0-937986-90-9)
    King, Stephen
    Bookseller: Robert Gavora, Fine & Rare Books, ABAA
    (Talent, OR, U.S.A.)

Bookseller Rating:

Quantity Available: 1
    Book Description: Donald M. Grant, Publisher, West Kingston, RI, 1987. Hardcover. Phil Hale (illustrator). First edition, first printing. Number 400 of 800 copies offered for sale signed by King and Hale on special limitation page. Fine in fine and bright dust jacket within the publisher's slipcase. Signed. Bookseller Inventory # 28381

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

433 for sale by Leonard Shoup books is complete if it wasn't before.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You can put #71 on the list as DT, I, III-VII, but no II.

I used to keep the # a secret so I could pounce if I saw a book with the same number and not worry about someone bidding me up, but I sold a couple books with that number recently, and so I'm not as attached as I used to be...

Of course, if anybody has #71 DT II, let me know and I'll trade you my s/l Author's Edition!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

#117 is being offered by Quill & Brush

For Stephen King Fans:
    The Complete Dark Tower Collection
    In Pristine Condition
    Includes the first appearance of The Gunslinger, serialized in five issues of Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine from October 1978 to November 1981; all seven limited-edition volumes of The Dark Tower series, each signed by King and the illustrator; and the first trade editions of all seven volumes, including both the first and second editions of The Gunslinger. Remarkably, most of the books are still in the publisher's original shrink-wrap, and the fragile magazines appear new.

KING'S MAGNUM OPUS

The Washington Post's Bill Sheehan called this series "a humane, visionary epic and a true magnum opus" that stands as an "imposing example of pure storytelling," "filled with brilliantly rendered set pieces... cataclysmic encounters and moments of desolating tragedy."

The Collector
    The collector of these volumes acquired all of the Donald M. Grant editions--limited and trade issues--from the publisher at the time of publication. For the Dark Tower series, Grant registered each purchaser's limitation number and as subsequent volumes were published, offered that limitation number to the original purchaser first. All of the limited edition volumes in this collection carry the relatively low limitation number of "117."

After spending nearly 30 years putting together this collection, it is the collector's desire that they remain together. He also offers a few of the original promotional brochures, as well as his money order receipt from 1982 for the purchase of the very first book in the series, The Gunslinger.

The Collection

* The complete set of the first appearance of The Gunslinger serialized in Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine includes:
    Vol. 55, No. 4, Oct. 1978. "The Gunslinger," pp. 52-90.
    Vol. 58, No. 4, Apr. 1980. "The Way Station," pp. 82-109.
    Vol. 60, No. 2, Feb. 1981. "The Oracle and the Mountains," pp. 19-38.
    Vol. 61, No. 1, Jul. 1981. "The Slow Mutants," pp. 130-159.
    Vol. 61, No. 5, Nov. 1981. "The Gunslinger and the Dark Man," pp. 69-83.
    These five parts constitute The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger--begun by King in March 1970 while he was a senior at the University of Maine--all with textual differences from the Grant published version, and all but the first with otherwise unpublished summaries of the preceding parts by King.

* All seven of the first editions, limited issues. Each signed by King and the illustrator of the volume, and issued in a dust jacket and slipcase by Donald M. Grant from 1982 to 2004. All seven volumes are numbered 117. Includes:

THE GUNSLINGER, signed by King and Michael Whelan
    THE DRAWING OF THE THREE, signed by King and Phil Hale
    THE WASTE LANDS, signed by King and Ned Demaron
    WIZARD AND GLASS, signed by King and Dave McKean
    THE WOLVES OF CALLA, signed by King and Bernie Wrightson
    SONG OF SUSANNAH, signed by King and Darrel Anderson
    THE DARK TOWER, signed by King and Michael Whelan

* All seven of the first editions, trade issue, of the above listed volumes, plus the scarce "second edition" of The Gunslinger.

Price for the collection: $14,500 net.

This collection is not available on the web. For questions, or to place your order, please call us toll free at 888-261-8581, respond directly to this email, or email us at firsts@qbbooks.com.
    Best wishes,

Allen Ahearn
    Quill & Brush
    www.qbbooks.com

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting! I love the looks of their shop.

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Added #71 and 117 to the list. Now at 59 complete same-number sets! That is way more than I would have guessed, more than 1 in 10 possibles.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so tempted to buy this collection.....

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Go on...go on...go on...go on... (in a Father Ted's housekeeper accent)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I am so tempted to buy this collection.....

sk
    You can buy supercollector Chris Cavalier's complete same-number set (#187)with matching LSOE Artist and S/L for $11k through Betts Books (It is listed at $12k, but Chris just told me he'd sell at $11k). That's a HUGE savings over the Quill and Brush set with mucho$$ left over to buy that other stuff.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

a fantastic value!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    433 for sale by Leonard Shoup books is complete if it wasn't before.
    Yeah I bumped into this listing too and I noticed it hasn't been updated yet in post #1 of this thread.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

#131 complete set on ABE (seller The Fine Books Company).

DT I #249 on ABE (seller Chris Martin Modern First Editions).

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. Updated.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

#90 is a complete set, owned by a person known to me in the Midwest. Updated #146 - book II owned by a Betts customer and #268 book I owned by the same Betts customer.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

11K pounds. Ouch!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. No chance at that price. Incidently, this is the seller that I bought my S/L Gunslinger from.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

:tp:

#499 is complete, made known to me a few days ago and is for sale. Price under $10k. That makes 64 complete same-number sets that I have accounted for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast