Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Mike, like you said in the email, you could always draw your own remark :LOL: it will be by Michael Whelan, just, "the other" Michael
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Traveler The Funslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Where did that SK Numbers Wanted page go?

Anyone copy it? I can't even find a cached version of it.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a copy from the Grant site (which I'm assuming is what you mean, Funslinger) - maybe Nerak could shed some light. We can't be bothering her now, tho, with all the LSOE orders she's in the middle of processing! We did start a thread here if it'll help.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Traveler The Funslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

That's exactly what I mean, thank you gsvec.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay - fresh thoughts on matched sets after LSOE is released.

Lets just for a second say we all agree that for a true matched set, books 1-7 + LSOE need to be present (which we don't all agree on):

Is the matched AE needed?

I've been tossing it around for the past week...

I mean, its a matched set of S/L, not AEs... BUT, does by virtue of it been numbered, is the AE then required?

Also, for DTV, DTVI, and DTVII the AEs were obviously not required, so why should this AE be treated differently?

I guess the thing I'm getting hung up on is wether or not by virtue of it being numbered, the AE will be required for a "true matched set"?

Thoughts?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since the LSOE AE is being numbered, I'd think it should be included for a "full set"; however, I also see the logic to NOT include it since it's an AE and, in essence, a duplicate of the S/L! Ugh.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

but why would an AE be considered part of a full set of S/L's (#'s 1-500 of books 1-7 and LSoE)?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Because it's numbered, although not signed. I'd consider the AE necessary for a complete set.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I have a numbered set below 500, but because the design of the s/l and ae are different than the original set, I would say it's not "required" for a matched set...

As for the numbered AE specificlly, yeah, I see the argument, but the new design trumps it for me..it just won't look like part of the set on the bookshelf...

Because Insomnia is DT connected, one could make the case that should belong too, right? But I don't think anyone would say that.

Good controversey, though...good arguments on both sides.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I have a numbered set below 500, but because the design of the s/l and ae are different than the original set, I would say it's not "required" for a matched set...

As for the numbered AE specificlly, yeah, I see the argument, but the new design trumps it for me..it just won't look like part of the set on the bookshelf...

Because Insomnia is DT connected, one could make the case that should belong too, right? But I don't think anyone would say that.

Good controversey, though...good arguments on both sides.
    But we also have to keep in mind that LSOE has the Revised Gunslinger in it too.

In terms of the AE - I guess it comes down to: are matched sets made up of matched S/Ls (signed by KING) or simply numbered DT books?

I guess its all kind of a moot point, as most who own DTVII will order both the S/L and the AE - I'm thinking more in terms of those on the fence about grabbing an AE, or those such as myself trying to complete a PC set.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess that the S/L LSOE would be considered part of a matched set, but would definitely not consider the artist edition a requirement. My argument is that since it is not signed by King, it is not required.

I would not be surprised if there are a lot of "unclaimed" AEs of LSOE numbered 1-500.

Me, I will be getting both the S/Ls and AEs that match my DT7 SLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I was not happy to hear that the new S/L will not "comform" to the previous Dark Tower S/Ls. Me, I like uniformity.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In reviewing the list I noticed several large gaps of missing complete sets:

#462-500=39 missing
    #386-411=26 missing
    #355-375=21 missing
    #311-352=42 missing
    #208-234=27 missing
    #92-#115=24 missing
    #51-#77 =27 missing

The last 39 missing is shocking, as is the 42 in the low 300's

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to highjack this thread! (if the mods want to move the related posts to a new thread i'm okay with that).

But another thought in regards to where the AE of LSOE fits into a "true matched set" of DT books.

On what grounds is the S/L of Legends not included? Is it because it is an anthology, or because its not published by Grant?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should weigh in with my opinion. But recognize, that this is just what "feels right" to me.

To be considered a complete set, I'd argue that you need the LSOE S/L matching number to your existing DT set. I would not include the AE edition as a requirement even though it is numbered. I also would not include the S/L Legends because it is an anthology and was not published by Grant.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I guess I should weigh in with my opinion. But recognize, that this is just what "feels right" to me.

To be considered a complete set, I'd argue that you need the LSOE S/L matching number to your existing DT set. I would not include the AE edition as a requirement even though it is numbered. I also would not include the S/L Legends because it is an anthology and was not published by Grant.
    Thanks for your thoughts David!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In reviewing the list I noticed several large gaps of missing complete sets:

#462-500=39 missing
    #386-411=26 missing
    #355-375=21 missing
    #311-352=42 missing
    #208-234=27 missing
    #92-#115=24 missing
    #51-#77 =27 missing

The last 39 missing is shocking, as is the 42 in the low 300's
    I agree that it is a bit shocking. I have been tracking these numbers for close to 10 years, and the fact that there are still large blocks of numbers unaccounted for is quite perplexing. They must be in very stable collections. While I cannot "see" all of the books offered on the various platforms where books are sold, I do manage to cover quite a bit of ground.

I will make another request to all of you on the Boards here...if you own ANY DT S/L #1-500 and I do not have you on my list, please let me know what numbers and books you have. Thank you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My number is on the list, but for completeness it could be updated to show that I have DTV, VI, and VII #101.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    My number is on the list, but for completeness it could be updated to show that I have DTV, VI, and VII #101.
    Thank you. Updating now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi David,

I also have #395 of DTIII.

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hi David,

I also have #395 of DTIII.

John
    Got it. Thanks

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #476 of DT1
    I have #348 of DT 2
    I have #277 of DT 3-7

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I have #476 of DT1
    I have #348 of DT 2
    I have #277 of DT 3-7
    thanks

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

#21 Drawing of the Three on sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123

Thanks for the tip Hutch

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    #21 Drawing of the Three on sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123

Thanks for the tip Hutch
    Waste Lands S/L #21 by Stephen King (1991)

The same seller {raysroost38} is now selling The Wastelands #21
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it, thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast