Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea. I'll hold the books for safekeeping.
    That would be the "We'd have 6 months to discuss and work out the details." part.

Honestly what I thought was we acquire it as an organization and than donate in our organization name to a significant institution (Smithsonian, Library of Congress, etc) where it would be available for all to visit. Or we do like Col Potter and his WWI buddies did with their last bottle of cognac in the M*A*S*H episode "Old Soldiers" and have a legal eagle watch over it, then it goes to the last of the group that contributed after all the rest have passed away.

Or we keep it at RF's house, which will guarantee many visitors for years to come.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Great idea. I'll hold the books for safekeeping.
    I wouldn't recommend that. Given that you live in California, they would eventuallly end up swallowed up by "the big one"
    I feel like they would be safer here, in France
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    All - Good news, I heard back from Heritage today and they let me know that the consignor is Hal Kinney's daughter! I'd say that greatly increases the odds that this is indeed #1, as we show Hal being owner of the Complete Set #DTI - DTVII in the Master List and that has been corroborated above. The consignor has been asked to search her father's library for the remaining books in the set; that may possibly result in this copy being withdrawn from the auction until she can verify one way or the other (don't break up the set!); as of this afternoon it remains. But seriously, how cool would it be to see the ENTIRE #1 set come across the auction block? What do you think, $30K - $50K?
    They retracted my bid

We regret that we have withdrawn the following lot from out current auction 6232. The owner was Hal Kinney, who had placed this book in a safe deposit box, and therefore this is the only volume in the Dark Tower signed limited set that we were given to offer. Recently the family discovered that they have the rest of the matched number 1 set. In agreement with the family, and in an effort to keep this important set together, we have withdrawn this volume I and it will be offered with the rest of the matched set #1 in December of this year, our auction 6241.

Please look for the book in that auction, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

James

Books:Science Fiction & Fantasy, Stephen King, Michael Whelan [illustrator]. The Dark Tower. [West
    Kingston, RI]: Donald M. Gran...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

They retracted my bid
    Yep, scroll up to posts 1773 & 1775.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

They retracted my bid
    Yep, scroll up to posts 1773 & 1775.
    Saw that! Thought people would be interested in “official” retraction notice as well. 👍

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw that! Thought people would be interested in “official” retraction notice as well. 👍
    It was actually very nice to see that they took our inputs and suggestions, acted on them quickly through coordination with the consignor, and immediately followed through with the retraction. Yes, of course this will mean a higher fee for them with an entire set selling, but I like that they communicated (with me and the consignor) and understood the significance of finding the complete set and keeping it together. They could just have easily sent the standard "Thanks for your inquiry" automated response and done nothing else. So kudos to Consignment Director Chad Reingold and the rest of the Heritage team for doing things right!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

wow. The complete number 1 set. Mine is all over the place and I don't even have a S\L Slinger. This will bring out the big guns for sure.

Traveler NECON-Man is on a distinguished road

George great job!! I am glad the set is still complete.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's my minty fresh #158, and all the rest of mine are the same number.
    That #1 set would look nice next to them. Maybe I'll buy a Powerball ticket and bid one million dollars from my winnings.
    Just a suggestion.
    Sorry, I just felt like taking a picture.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's my minty fresh #158, and all the rest of mine are the same number.
    That #1 set would look nice next to them. Maybe I'll buy a Powerball ticket and bid one million dollars from my winnings.
    Just a suggestion.
    Sorry, I just felt like taking a picture.
    Oooo, aaaaah, pretty. I don't have a single DT S/L, so I'd be damn happy with #158 (though #186 would be my first choice, with #1 a close second).

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imagine a #1 set. Wow!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    All - Good news, I heard back from Heritage today and they let me know that the consignor is Hal Kinney's daughter! I'd say that greatly increases the odds that this is indeed #1, as we show Hal being owner of the Complete Set #DTI - DTVII in the Master List and that has been corroborated above. The consignor has been asked to search her father's library for the remaining books in the set; that may possibly result in this copy being withdrawn from the auction until she can verify one way or the other (don't break up the set!); as of this afternoon it remains. But seriously, how cool would it be to see the ENTIRE #1 set come across the auction block? What do you think, $30K - $50K?
    They retracted my bid

We regret that we have withdrawn the following lot from out current auction 6232. The owner was Hal Kinney, who had placed this book in a safe deposit box, and therefore this is the only volume in the Dark Tower signed limited set that we were given to offer. Recently the family discovered that they have the rest of the matched number 1 set. In agreement with the family, and in an effort to keep this important set together, we have withdrawn this volume I and it will be offered with the rest of the matched set #1 in December of this year, our auction 6241.

Please look for the book in that auction, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

James

Books:Science Fiction & Fantasy, Stephen King, Michael Whelan [illustrator]. The Dark Tower. [West
    Kingston, RI]: Donald M. Gran...

For the record, my opening bid was going to be my only bid! Gunslinger S/L is my pipe dream/holy grail! As my friend just explained to me, I felt like I owned it for a short while! Which is true. I thought maybe no one else will remember to bid on it or a computer glitch, etc…. It was a nice distraction while it lasted! I will be the opening bid in December too

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve just caught up on the last few pages of this thread. It’s been a fascinating discussion and I’ve learned from a number of you contributors. Kudos to George for leading the communications with the auction house. It will be quite exciting to see the matching #1 set of this iconic series come to market.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

WoW, a complete set of 1#. I could see this going for lots of money, if the right people get into a bidding war over this.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given what ive seen mentionned, I got no chances of winning. Too much money involved. Even if I got my lettered "Later' for sale.
    Hoping that whomever wants it can put a bid on it, whenever it actually goes live
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Welcome Baalrog! Congrats on your matching numbers. If you’re patient, the others may surface over time. That’s how I built my set (complete now other than Gunslinger, but I know it’s out there).
    Sorry about the late reply, but thanks a bunch! I'm happy to be here!

The news about the #1 Slinger coming up on Heritage is insane, I'm glad I decided to make an account here when I did - I wish I'd found this place long ago. I hope the site is able to bid on/purchase the set when it goes on sale in December, I'll also happily contribute funds to it if there's a community pool.

In an unrelated note, I also obtained Drawing of the Three #481 since my last post here.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And a follow-up from Heritage already:

"I believe she does have the Little Sisters and Wind Through the Keyhole, as well as the two small paperback pamphlets issued later; they all should be in the lot, I believe.

Many thanks for your help. Feel free to share this information with others in your organization."
    what are the two small paperback pamphlets?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to bid on the #1 set. I think this is a historical set AND good work George... NO.. EXCELLENT work. I am saving already
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am going to bid on the #1 set. I think this is a historical set AND good work George... NO.. EXCELLENT work. I am saving already
    Good luck Kris. I mean that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My prediction is that an overseas buyer will prevail.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    My prediction is that an overseas buyer will prevail.
    I think the historical value is there.. NOT sure I wanna pay more for a #1.... but we shall see what it all entails when they list it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I have a feeling that Jerome could be correct with his prediction.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler Xtownboy will become famous soon enough Xtownboy will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey you can put me down for the following:

Numbered
    #7 (I-VII + WTTK). I & II are inscribed to Charles Collins from Donald Grant. I'm looking for #7 (LSOE).

#84 (I). I'm looking for #84 (II-VII + LSOE + WTTK).

Publisher's Copy. I have a (LSOE).

Blank Limitation. I have a (IV).

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome might well be correct that the winning bid comes from overseas. Time will tell. Yes, I will be bidding if a complete #1 set of the Dark Tower is up for auction. I'm also interested in seeing if there are any other treasures that have been located. Mr. Kinney also owned set #31 so who knows what else will be found in the ensuing months.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast