Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    #15 Gunslinger offered at Bett's for $6500
    Its # 14 Wiz
    Oops. My bad <Wiz exits to fix his error>

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Traveler Shoveler is on a distinguished road

This is what my database shows (I would be grateful to any who could shed light on any numbers not accounted for below):

#191 **** (I-VII complete, info via thecollector)
    This information is incorrect, I have II-VII of #191, all of which I bought directly from the publisher. I actually found this forum and this thread because I was googling in an effort to locate #191 of Gunslinger, so I was surprised to see that someone had the complete set!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard, Shoveler! What other King books do you have?

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
    This is what my database shows (I would be grateful to any who could shed light on any numbers not accounted for below):

#191 **** (I-VII complete, info via thecollector)
    This information is incorrect, I have II-VII of #191, all of which I bought directly from the publisher. I actually found this forum and this thread because I was googling in an effort to locate #191 of Gunslinger, so I was surprised to see that someone had the complete set!
    Hey Shoveler! I'm glad you were able to find us that way and thanks for the information.

Welcome to the site
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post

Post pictures!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I get some of my information, as you can see, from other sources. Thanks for clearling that up. I will amend the data.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Traveler Shoveler is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome aboard, Shoveler! What other King books do you have?

John
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome! I've got nearly all King books, minus the extremely rare ("The Plant", for example), but not all in the limiteds, of course! My first limited was Firestarter, bought it when I was 14 or so for something like $65 (I was obviously a huge fan at an early age). Missed out on "The Gunslinger", but saw it listed on the "Other books by Stephen King" page in some other book from around that time, I think maybe Insomnia, so I did some fast research and got a 2nd print, then got in on the lottery for the limiteds and got DTII-DTVII. The other limiteds I have are Black House, Salem's Lot, Desperation, and Regulators, plus some anthologies.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

donnancastle has set #432 on eBay, starting at $11,200 with a BIN of $11,400.

Dark Tower set #432

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Folks -

Where is the best place to start looking to purchase a single (numbered under 500) book.

There's no way I could afford a whole set, least of all not until I hit the lottery or something. I might be able to swing a single book though.

Hey, maybe someday my name could be on this amazing list!

What are they going for, individually, approximately?

Thanks in advance.
    turtlex
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Folks -

Where is the best place to start looking to purchase a single (numbered under 500) book.

There's no way I could afford a whole set, least of all not until I hit the lottery or something. I might be able to swing a single book though.

Hey, maybe someday my name could be on this amazing list!

What are they going for, individually, approximately?

Thanks in advance.
    turtlex
    Turtlex-
    You have come to the right place!
    A full same-number set will set you back approx $10,000, but since you are looking to swing a single S/L issue (under 500), then I think these ranges are appropriate for a single book. Others might differ slightly on the prices. [Note: there is a premium for a same-number set, which is why the individual prices when added do not reach $10,000]

DT I Gunslinger $5000-$6000
    DT II Drawing of the Three $700-$900
    DT III Wastelands $400-$500
    DT IV Wizard & Glass $600-$700
    DT V Wolves of the Calla $400-$550
    DT VI Song of Susannah $350-$450
    DT VII The Dark Tower $400-$550

I have a single Wastelands #168 that is not part of a larger same-number set, and I think I have a higher Wastelands #964 (I'd have to check) also a single that I would be willing to sell if that holds any interest for you at all. Let me know.

Wiz

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just my two cents worth--the price of the DT VII may go up the closer to the issue date of the Revised Gunslinger from Grant comes, if, as usual, the owner of the DTVII can get the same-numbered Revised Gunslinger.

John

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My SL DT1 number 207 arrived today.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, jemaher!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    My SL DT1 number 207 arrived today.
    Congrats!!!

Cool moments!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, jemaher!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Wiz -

Thanks muchly for the information - so very helpful. I am interested too, with perhaps purchasing a book from you, but will have to see how my tax return figures out. Would it be okay if I PM'd you later on?

Regards,
    turtlex ... now hoping to win the 1st Edition of Gunslinger in the Big Give !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Greg (shibus) has DTII #207 on eBay:

Drawing of the Three #207

Are you there, jemaher?

John

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

very coool! Wonder if he'd do a trade?

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

He might.
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz -

Thanks muchly for the information - so very helpful. I am interested too, with perhaps purchasing a book from you, but will have to see how my tax return figures out. Would it be okay if I PM'd you later on?

Regards,
    turtlex ... now hoping to win the 1st Edition of Gunslinger in the Big Give !
    Yes, please contact me anytime...for any reason

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    He might.
    What if someone bids on it?

My Mood
    Gay

Wiz - Thank you kindly!

Mr. Rabbit Trick - Wow, if I can just interject here - I finally got an opportunity to click your link to your King Collection - VERY impressive.

If I may ask, where do you keep them all? Do you have a special bookcase? Or slipcovers for each?

Very cool.

Long Days,
    turtlex

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wiz - Thank you kindly!

Mr. Rabbit Trick - Wow, if I can just interject here - I finally got an opportunity to click your link to your King Collection - VERY impressive.

If I may ask, where do you keep them all? Do you have a special bookcase? Or slipcovers for each?

Very cool.

Long Days,
    turtlex
    They are all kept in Brodart or plastic sleeves, in the fitted wardrobes in my spare rooms, at the top of the house. The rooms are constant temperature controlled, and the doors keep out any light. We do not use the top floor for anything else.

I do not have bookshelves for them yet, although I have searched in vain for anything suitable.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I do not have bookshelves for them yet, although I have searched in vain for anything suitable.
    I'd say the size and quality of your collection warrants finding a good carpenter/woodworker and having some built custom for them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have #274 DT1, DT2-DT7 (missing DT3).
    Wiz doesn't want to update the page with my info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast