Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    On sale...some DT S/L Set

http://cgi.ebay.it/STEPHEN-KINGS-DAR...d=p3286.c0.m14

#432.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sig...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.it/STEPHEN-KING-DARK...d=p3286.c0.m14

Wiz on the list I read "#159 (not complete II-VII CDK Books Long Valley, NJ)"...Is he the same owner/seller?
    Luca-
    Yes, I am pretty sure it is the same outfit, both from the same location, just different names.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Traveler dbutler92562 is on a distinguished road

Default dark tower #237

hi,
    browsing around and found your site today - i own a complete and matching set of dark tower signed limiteds #237 - strange that your site lists someone on abe named ken lopez as owner - i purchased all but the first directly from donald m. grant and so have owned these books for MANY years. hope this info helps with your data base
    dave butler

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Dave! Please feel free to contribute to other threads here too!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dbutler92562 View Post
    hi,
    browsing around and found your site today - i own a complete and matching set of dark tower signed limiteds #237 - strange that your site lists someone on abe named ken lopez as owner - i purchased all but the first directly from donald m. grant and so have owned these books for MANY years. hope this info helps with your data base
    dave butler
    Dave-

Welcome to the site. Thank you for your information. I get info from a whole lot of sources, most of which I believe are fairly credible, but there clearly are exceptions (as is the case here). The list that I maintain here is only as good as the info I receive and you have made the list stronger now with your contribution. I will remedy the error. Thank you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hear, hear! Welcome, Dave. Please jump in to any conversation or discussion around here. We'd love to hear more from you.

- Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Default newbie saying hi

Hi There all, i'm new to the site, so i'm just saying hi, and giving a bit of info to update the list that starts this thread.

I do share the DT obsession, and I have a set after many many years of trying. Sadly it is not matching.

DT I is 129
    DT II is 329

DT III- VI is 207

I also have as number 207 the following: Black House S/L, Artists Ed Black House, From a Buick 8 S/L, Secretary of Dreams S/L, and Salems Lot S/L and other none 207 S/L's.

I'd certainly be up for swaps if anyone has 207 of I and II so and can be nicely matching, which would be brilliant!.....so feel free to PM me.

Great site and great to see so many other DT obsessives as i've been fascinated with it since 1986 and I saw my name in the index of Douglas E Winters book on King!....

Cheers Mike

Michael Whelan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we talking to THE Michael Whelan-artist of the Dark Tower?
    If so, WOW! Welcome to the site.
    If not, still a hearty welcome to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are we talking to THE Michael Whelan-artist of the Dark Tower?
    If so, WOW! Welcome to the site.
    If not, still a hearty welcome to you!
    Well, I am generally known as The Other Michael Whelan by the folks I know associated with King and Publishing, so, i'm not the man you think I am!....but I like to think i'm a fine fellow regardless of my lack of artistic talent!.....

I have a very cool signed book from the other chap which says 'from one Michael Whelan to another (this feels very weird!)'......which is cool!...

thanks for the welcome!.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well we are very glad to have you here.
    We also welcome all Stephen King's in the world to join.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    Hi There all, i'm new to the site, so i'm just saying hi, and giving a bit of info to update the list that starts this thread.

I do share the DT obsession, and I have a set after many many years of trying. Sadly it is not matching.

DT I is 129
    DT II is 329

DT III- VI is 207

I also have as number 207 the following: Black House S/L, Artists Ed Black House, From a Buick 8 S/L, Secretary of Dreams S/L, and Salems Lot S/L and other none 207 S/L's.

I'd certainly be up for swaps if anyone has 207 of I and II so and can be nicely matching, which would be brilliant!.....so feel free to PM me.

Great site and great to see so many other DT obsessives as i've been fascinated with it since 1986 and I saw my name in the index of Douglas E Winters book on King!....

Cheers Mike

Michael Whelan
    Mike, welcome to the site and thanks for your contribution.
    You neede to get in touch with jemaher here on this site as he owns I and II of #207.

I noticed that you put down as owning #207 III-VI. Did you mistype or do you not own #207 of DT VII? And if you do not own it, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

DT I is 129
    DT II is 329

DT III- VI is 207

Cheers Mike

Michael Whelan
    Mike, welcome to the site and thanks for your contribution.
    You neede to get in touch with jemaher here on this site as he owns I and II of #207.

I noticed that you put down as owning #207 III-VI. Did you mistype or do you not own #207 of DT VII? And if you do not own it, why not?
    Ah, thats the old mis typed roman numerals gag then - I DO most certainly own VII too..!....

Thanks for the info ref 207 - checking through more of these posts I saw the entries when jemaher managed to get the books, and indeed, asks if anyone knows who owns 207 too......so, hopefully I can encourage a trade of some kind!....

cant see how I would PM him though, but i;m sure it must be possible....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Once you make five posts in on topic areas (basically anywhere except in Dixie Pig and Blue Heaven) you can use PM. It is just disallowed until then to deter spammers.

ah, what an excellent idea - nothing worse than boards full of spam - thanks for the hint there.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem! Once you've made the required posts (one more ) you only need to click their name to the left of their post and a drop down box will appear with the option to PM.

thanks for that - this makes it a big six then, as i've just spilled the beans on when I found out about the DT series etc, so i'm PM enabled! - wish me luck!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck to you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, Mikeyw! A complete same-numbered set is a real accomplishment!

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Good luck, Mikeyw! A complete same-numbered set is a real accomplishment!

John
    well, here's hoping on the generosity of the chap that has I and II - I know he has a matching set himself of another number, so he will know what its like to want to get one.....lets see if ka allows it to happen!.....it would be sooooooooo cool.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well, here's hoping on the generosity of the chap that has I and II - I know he has a matching set himself of another number, so he will know what its like to want to get one.....lets see if ka allows it to happen!.....it would be sooooooooo cool.
    I am sure Ka and several thousand dollars will do the trick.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its always Ka and several thousand dollars.

Looks like you are past the 5 post threshold to PM now Mike, good luck my friend.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

I kind of like the former more than the latter!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Understandably so, but I suspect Ka alone ain't gonna' do much here.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the "Other" Michael Whelan. Good luck in your pursuit of a complete matching set!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

thanks for your positive wishes - i'll let you know how my quest progresses!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Welcome Mike!

I can vouch for this Michael Whelan, he's a cool guy! Friend of Roberts and an all around good egg!!

Hope the trade works out for you.

Jay is a good guy too! (jemaher)
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast