Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

For anyone who acquired the Sub Press lettered edition of Summer Of Night that might be interested in a trade offer please PM for details. I was too late on the original announcement as well as the follow up for the slightly damaged copies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    For anyone who acquired the Sub Press lettered edition of Summer Of Night that might be interested in a trade offer please PM for details. I was too late on the original announcement as well as the follow up for the slightly damaged copies.
    Keep an eye on Ebay. One just went for $660... I was bidding on it. Member here had bought it and listed it there.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won that one. Summer Of Night is #3 on my favorite book list, after The Shining and Salem's Lot. I grew up in Indiana and related to the this midwestern comming of age horror tale more than I did IT. Although I love that book as well. So this will definitely be one of the most prized books in my collection! Thanks ValHallAwaits!

Ken

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    I won that one. Summer Of Night is #3 on my favorite book list, after The Shining and Salem's Lot. I grew up in Indiana and related to the this midwestern comming of age horror tale more than I did IT. Although I love that book as well. So this will definitely be one of the most prized books in my collection! Thanks ValHallAwaits!

Ken
    I've become very disillusioned lately with collectors who buy for rarity, spend tons of money, and haven't even read the books. Very glad to sell to someone who will treasure it, as that was my aim. And lucky for you, it went for a total freaking bargain!
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I finished Winter Haunting the other day and I thought the whole idea that "it might all be in his head" was completely distracting to what have been an outstanding ghost story. Once that idea was teased I think it just ruined the book for me until the end. Then it ended up being great.

I started Children of Night and just stopped pretty quick.
    I read Carrion Comfort last winter and I'm bored of vampire stories.
    Anyone read this one? Is it worth it?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I finished Winter Haunting the other day and I thought the whole idea that "it might all be in his head" was completely distracting to what have been an outstanding ghost story. Once that idea was teased I think it just ruined the book for me until the end. Then it ended up being great.

I know eh? Winter Haunting was AMAZING!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

M
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

To questions: yes, I've read it, and, no, it's not worth it. It's not as bad as FIRES OF EDEN, but it is in the bottom echelon of his body of work.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Carrion, and Fires of Eden, and Children of the Night. To each his own.
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Of interest to fans of Simmons and the book The Terror:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/512314783...#sp=show-clips

Country
    Country Flag

And the funny part about that is it almost proves some of them went back and tried to sail the ship out of there.... Like in the book. Man I loved that book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Of interest to fans of Simmons and the book The Terror:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/512314783...#sp=show-clips

Yes! Have been reading about this with great interest. Fascinating story.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    To questions: yes, I've read it, and, no, it's not worth it. It's not as bad as FIRES OF EDEN, but it is in the bottom echelon of his body of work.
    Gonna have to agree with Ron, Children is an OK book but not his best work. One of his works that a lot of my book friends seem to sleep on is The Crook Factory.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Gonna have to agree with Ron, Children is an OK book but not his best work. One of his works that a lot of my book friends seem to sleep on is The Crook Factory.
    Gotta agree too. If you have read Summer of Night (awesome book) then Children also carries a nostalgic feeling since and older Michael O'Rourke is featured - worth it in the end for that reason only.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Here's the comparison picture of the two Children of the Night Lord John Press editions I promised - and promptly forgot - in another thread.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Here's the comparison picture of the two Children of the Night Lord John Press editions I promised - and promptly forgot - in another thread.

So is that Lettered and deluxe (1/200)

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    So is that Lettered and deluxe (1/200)
    Yeap.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

AMC announced today that Jared Harris (“Mad Men,” “The Crown”) has been cast as the lead actor in the network’s anthology drama series “The Terror,” an adaption of the bestselling novel by Dan Simmons. David Kajganich (True Story, A Bigger Splash) and Soo Hugh (“The Whispers,” “The Killing”) are serving as executive producers, writers, and co-showrunners with Scott Free, Emjag Productions, and Entertainment 360 producing the series in association with AMC Studios. Production begins this winter in Budapest with the 10 one-hour episodes set to premiere in 2017.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in a Lettered edition of the Sub press Drood by Dan Simmons?

PM me with offers.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Anyone interested in a Lettered edition of the Sub press Drood by Dan Simmons?

PM me with offers.
    I would be really interested to see the Drood Lettered. Never seen one.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Here it is: I would of course give anyone here a better deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291982501831...84.m1586.l2649

And I will throw in a copy of Skelton's Limited Edition Enigma Key from the Joe Hill Locke and Key Series...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys I really need to move the Lettered Drood so decided to sweeten the deal.

$425 PP Gift Gets you:

Drood Signed LETTERED edition
    Summer Sketches Signed Limited Edition or Children of the Night Signed Limited Edition (your choice)
    And as a added bonus I will throw in the Skelton Crew Limited Edition Enigma Key

PM me if interested.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know what happen to his home page? It's like it's been hijacked or taken down?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like he forgot to pay his site hosting fee.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I like 'Summer of Night' what other Simmons stuff should I check out? I know 'A Winter Haunting' is semi-sequel so I'll probably check that out. Don't know if I'd be into his sci-fi/fantasy stuff.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast