Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    I posted this in another three but it was probably the wrong one. So I’ll ask again here, I’m starting to collect 1st edition simmons and have quite a few so far. I’m really having trouble with Hyperion though. I know it’s very rare but I’m not even seeing copies for sale. I think to date I’ve come across one and it was like $750. Was the print run on this extremely low? I’m not really able to find too much info on this. Any guidance on price and or rarity would be appreciated.
    I seem to remember hearing that there were only 2000 hard cover copies of the first edition of Hyperion, while I believe that Fall of Hyperion had 4000 copies.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I posted this in another three but it was probably the wrong one. So I’ll ask again here, I’m starting to collect 1st edition simmons and have quite a few so far. I’m really having trouble with Hyperion though. I know it’s very rare but I’m not even seeing copies for sale. I think to date I’ve come across one and it was like $750. Was the print run on this extremely low? I’m not really able to find too much info on this. Any guidance on price and or rarity would be appreciated.
    I seem to remember hearing that there were only 2000 hard cover copies of the first edition of Hyperion, while I believe that Fall of Hyperion had 4000 copies.
    There are two on ebay priced less than $500,
    One is signed year of publication.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I would say, be patient. A first of Hyperion will be expensive, but not that expensive! Keep an eye out on eBay and ABEbooks.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I would say, be patient. A first of Hyperion will be expensive, but not that expensive! Keep an eye out on eBay and ABEbooks.
    There are two on eBay priced less than $500,
    One is signed year of publication.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Overstock copy of Summer of Night on Camelot Books for $150. Great edition.

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/summer-of-night

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    Anyone need a lettered Hollow Man? Lord John press, letter X of 26 copies in full leather w/ cloth slipcase. Near fine with a some rubbing to edges of boards due to the TIGHT slipcase fit. Asking $375 shipped.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have some cool Simmons stuff in "Other Collectible Authors" classifieds thread.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard any updates on a release date for Omega Canyon?

His publisher’s website is showing a 1 February 2023 publication date, but I wonder if that’s just a placeholder date that’s been on there for a couple of years?!

https://www.littlebrown.com/titles/d...9780316198912/

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if the UK hardcover of Carrion Comfort has the illustrations from the Dark Harvest edition? I don't collect foreign editions (for reasons of sanity and space limitations) but that is one striking cover art. I might just get the UK edition instead of the US if it's illustrated.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If anyone's looking for a signed and matching-numbered set of the Subterranean Press editions of HYPERION and THE FALL OF HYPERION in Fine/Fine condition -- and in protective if somewhat unimpressive aftermarket slipcases -- I have such a set on eBay at the moment with just one day to go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134799391561

I'd offer Free Shipping for DT forum members, but it already comes with it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28