Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Various Poems I've writing over the years

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Various Poems I've writing over the years

I never managed to complete english comp 1 in college (2 goes at it) so with that being said here are a few of poems I have writing the last few years. I hope you enjoy them.

Untitled:

Merits won, the road pitted.
    Angry visages of agony.
    Many faces, many souls
    Toiling for the point unknown.
    The sun was blighted and scarred.
    The hearts of humans ripped asunder.
    Families changed forever.
    Feelings left behind.
    Soulless husks awake.
    The age of fear is among us-
    Fear for family, love, and life.
    The scale of right is tipped.
    The song of cheer is ripped.
    Everyone grew older
    In the day of despair.
    Hearts sank, spirits sank.
    Spirits will awake,
    Grow stronger, more brazing.
    Everyone’s souls blazing,
    Awaking a hunger, a need for peace.
    Peace we shall have, peace we shall hold.
    Peace until our eyes grow old.
    We need it, we desire it, we covet it.
    The peace we are seeking
    Will never be found
    Until we all dig down,
    Look at ourselves in the mirror,
    And realize it’s life we hold dear.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Clean Fun

Clean fuel burns in my veins
    As I prepare for another trip
    I check all the gauges
    All seems well, slowly
    Move the tip, of my boot
    Slowly towards the injector
    Injector of go juice,towards
    The pedal, the application
    Is flawless, exhilaration
    I made contact, and away
    I go, the trip, the ride
    Leaving clean fuel behind
    The trip is worth it
    The danger,the grief
    I finally have release
    I wake up in another
    State, I think its Neveda
    Nirvana was mine
    I guess I’ll check,
    The injectors, for
    Soon I need to be,
    Ready for another ride.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mother

Precious timing
    Lifting the womb.
    The aura of an instant
    Has come to me.
    The liquid truth
    Shows the calling.
    The breathless moments
    Leave me to ponder,
    To wonder, to wander,
    Imagining what may be.
    As the time continues to slip,
    So does my breathless trip.
    My moment, my time,
    It has now slipped behind.
    The pain is lost. It is near.
    At that moment I can hear,
    A sound so simple, so true

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one I wrote to my departed Grandmother.

Wonderful Grandma

Shining beautiful soul
    Filling everyone’s life with joy;
    It’s a wonderful thing to behold.
    My grandma gave me the perfect gift,
    Love un-demanding and full-
    Full of love uncomplicated
    In its simplest form.
    Pure, sweet, and innocent,
    The way it is meant to be.
    Over the years I want you to know
    You have a place in my heart,
    One I will never let go.
    So to you Grandma,
    A sweet hug and kiss
    And Happy Mother’s Day,
    To someone I truly miss.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I can only hope for such accolades after I go.

Good work.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I can only hope for such accolades after I go.

Good work.
    Thanks Jon. I really hold true to the fact that it is the thought that counts. The art of writing is something I struggle with however I still love to express myself in this format.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...poetry itself as a format is so personal. I have one poem that many published writers have told me to "polish" and try for publication. I simply cannot bear to change it. It is some of my best work but that is beside the point; good or bad, it is what it is to me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not really a poem but I thought I would share anyway. This was a piece of blink fiction (50 words or less) that I submitted awhile back...it was rejected

Untitled:

Furtive movement in the neon glare makes his eyes grow wide. His pupils contract in rhythm to his changing features. He transforms as he pulls his knife from the gloom of his pocket. I watch as he purges away his emptiness with one beautiful thrust. The movement fades to nothing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I applaud your imagination and creativity!!!!!

Good for you and keep writing!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Monster in the Dark
    By
    Ben Staad

Mosaic colors
    Lost children are my fava
    Beans, buffet, yum

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

“Once in a Life, Springtime.” By Tim Martin

There is a blossom here. Surrounding it is cracked and crumbled memories of time. Time well spent, I don’t know, but there is a blossom here.

Crawling out of the ground. The slender stem thrusting forward towards the sky is reaching with its yellow and red bud.

Fortunate to be here, I suppose. I had sprayed the poison. I had laid the foundation. I had built the house, and yet, there was a crack in it all.

One crack and there is a bloom. Fighting through it and emerging despite, everything.

Sometimes luck---not life provides. Provides for us all.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not edited however I thought I would post it anyway.

Untitled by Tim Martin 4/16/13

What is the world if it is not feelings?
    The feeling of good or the feeling of bad.

The wind of these emotions,
    Can pass and affect.

Can the world sustain,
    When the feelings are left inside.

Inside. Like a closed house.
    Doors and windows barred and shuttered.

It’s okay to feel inside---
    But do not let it out!

That is the way of today.
    What of the way of tomorrow?

Let it go.
    Let it float outside.

Pass through the picture frame,
    Of perfect.

Show and share.
    Be gentle now.

It passes through the glass,
    Highly breakable, beware!

Let it flow towards,
    The outside world.

One thought,
    One feeling.

All can cry or shout,
    You, me, we, are not machines.

Do not be afraid.
    Day by day,
    One by one.

It can be fixed.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very happy this one was well received by the recipients: http://www.neconebooks.com/flash.htm

“Freedom” by Tim Martin

To wit.

To be oneself. Singular and unique. Didn’t know you but I felt you. A champion a challenger. Challenging the genre with love and knowledge. Given, caring, loving, and encompassing without engulfing.

Engulfing knowledge and sharing it. To whoever wanted it. No malice and self.

Selflessness seemed to be you and you challenged yourself to be you.

Tears for love, joy, and shame. Love for knowing you, joy for the countless life’s touched, and shame for not celebrating a legacy while we could.

Peace will be had, and a genre will continue. Better for knowing a champion I’m sure.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A GREAT ending!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mr. Seahawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    A GREAT ending!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Let it go.
    Let it float outside.

Pass through the picture frame,
    Of perfect.
    This is an enchanting passage! Especially the bolded...

The whole piece had a Zen flavor to it that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm very happy this one was well received by the recipients: http://www.neconebooks.com/flash.htm
    Congratulations! Well done and well earned; that was a wonderful eulogy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much ladysai.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the part about shame. It's a category often forgotten, and hardly ever linked with love and joy.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

love all these bennie

I really need to get my ass outside the "corner" and read more of this stuff...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    love all these bennie

I really need to get my ass outside the "corner" and read more of this stuff...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Untitled 8/18/15 Maybe D&B

Warning! Warning!

Douche level 9.

Time to jet.

I’m all liquid today.

Squeeze and squeeze.

I’m out. I’m empty.

Appearance clean.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The fetal position is sometimes fun.

Curling and bunching up.

Enclosing and protecting.

Leaving outside; out.

Feeling inwards it’s okay.

The party for one.

Tag I’m it.

What a blast.