Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Battle of Tull (starting in June)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I can see that being a logical route to take in the comic.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just received issue 2 today woot!!! They did a good job with the whole the man in black/nort scene!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I'd say this issue restored some faith in the DT comics. This issue was as good as anything in The Gunslinger Born and better than everything else.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

My other comment about this issue is a pet peeve one. In the scene with Roland/Alice,

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    These are two other Battle of Tull covers that Michael wanted to sell me but his publisher said no because they haven't been released yet. Bastard!

These are awesome!

Great photos of you and the celebrities too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Next wednesday (August 3rd, 2011) number 3 goes for sale. Here's the cover:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Does anyone know if there will be any Battle of Tull cover variants? I'm assuming not, because I haven't seen any yet..

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slender View Post
    Am I the only one who's bothered by the comic-book writers' tendency to stretch everything out into a full arc? 'The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins' was essentially filler material – it was five whole issues of nothing really happening. It didn't need to be made. And just when it seemed like the writers were finally about to start adapting the meatier parts of 'The Gunslinger' – Tull, the way station, the mountains – they suddenly turned around and announced a five-issue arc based on 'The Little Sisters of Eluria' – a short story that could easily have been covered in two issues, probably even one. Now they're dragging the Battle of Tull out into another unnecessary five-issue arc? Sigh... I just want them to hurry up and get to Roland's meeting with Jake, which is where the story really picks up and starts getting interesting.
    You are not the only one
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for issue three. Does anyone like how older Roland is drawn in the comics?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slender View Post
    Am I the only one who's bothered by the comic-book writers' tendency to stretch everything out into a full arc? 'The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins' was essentially filler material – it was five whole issues of nothing really happening. It didn't need to be made. And just when it seemed like the writers were finally about to start adapting the meatier parts of 'The Gunslinger' – Tull, the way station, the mountains – they suddenly turned around and announced a five-issue arc based on 'The Little Sisters of Eluria' – a short story that could easily have been covered in two issues, probably even one. Now they're dragging the Battle of Tull out into another unnecessary five-issue arc? Sigh... I just want them to hurry up and get to Roland's meeting with Jake, which is where the story really picks up and starts getting interesting.
    Do you think the comics will go that far int the DT series?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not getting this series (although I'm not saying I won't ever) but I really like that cover picture of Allie on Issue 3!
    Spoiler:
    That rascal Walter and his mind traps, eh?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's my favourite since The Gunslinger Born. I was willing to drop the series and buy USED hardcovers and then bam!... the scene at the bar with Walter and Nort. It sent shivers down my spine.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cover artwork for number 4:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I got the latest issue. It's pretty good. The extra stuff at the end by Furth wasn't too 'out there' either. Good job to everyone involved.

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the issue from Tales of Wonder site. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get the release? I preordered from them.

Country
    Country Flag

Received issue 3 today and it's great!

Traveler Andrew Lisowski is on a distinguished road

I just read the foreword to the first issue in this arc. It got me thinking. It hints that the Roland we are reading is a different Roland than we have read.
    Spoiler:
    Could this mean that we are reading the next cycle in Roland's journey? Does he now have the horn?

And if not that would be an awesome route for the series to go.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Except that it wouldn't be written by King.

John

Traveler Andrew Lisowski is on a distinguished road

but doesn't he collaborate heavily with the writers though?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not very much. As I understand it, he is "editorial director", which, to me, means that he must okay the story line, but not much else. I could be wrong about this, though. He is not involved in the actual writing.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, he's a kind of supervisor actually.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't take what is written in the back as a different Roland at all or a start of a journey. I think RF was saying that BoT is a new journey outside Roland's earlier life. I could be wrong though.

Country
    Country Flag

Received the last issue of BoT and I liked it. At the end of the issue RF went into the two versions of the Gunslinger explaining the differences of the two.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Michael Lark was at the Dallas Sci Fi Expo this weekend so I got him to autograph all five issues of BOT. Made me happy!

Traveler jdub is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed this series a great deal, having Lark do this gave it a unique look and feel too (not that the Jae Lee stuff wasn't amazing in its own right)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2