Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: John Farson (spoilers)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I don't think the comics cover Farson's ultimate fate either. I'll have a look later to check, but I'm sure I'd remember.

I'm pretty sure he survived Jericho Hill, certainly. I suspect he didn't last long after, but that's just a hunch.
    And where does this impression come from?

Roland would have understood.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    And where does this impression come from?
    Just the nature of the beast really. Men of violence tend to die of violence, and for all his propaganda spouting democracy, I think he was basically an enigmatic harrier. He might have lived for a good while, but I doubt his empire* lasted long when there was no gunslingers to focus on.

I can imagine them falling to in-fighting or all just moving on with the rest of the world. If Farson himself wasn't picked off by Roland -we don't know for sure they didn't meet again after all - or another of the hangers-on for the affiliation, I wouldn't be surprised if one of his own officers took him out. Or even a certain treacherous wizard...

I can't back this up with facts though, this is just my feelings on the matter.

*Or whatever you'd like to call it.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

didn't in either W&G or "The Wolve's of the calla' i forget which, it said that it was one of 'the walking dude's identity's?

or am i wrong?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    didn't in either W&G or "The Wolve's of the calla' i forget which, it said that it was one of 'the walking dude's identity's?

or am i wrong?
    Do you mean John Farson? It was actually mentioned in the first book The Gunslinger. Wizard and Glass actually suggests that they're not the same. Remember the scene when one of the Big Coffin Hunters (I think it was Reynolds) talks with Jonas about meeting Walter? He states that his face kept changing. When Jonas asks him if it was Farson himself he says something along the lines "Do you remember how big Farson was? This guystayed the same size, only his face changed."

Of course, just because Walter retained the same size then doesn't mean he couldn't change his size, I suppose. I seem to remember Flagg being a large man and Walter being of medium build, but I can't remember for sure.

I think Walter is likely a separate person to Farson, but that he is the true power behind him. So in a sense he is Farson one way or the other.

In the comics
    Spoiler:
    they are certainly separate.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers of the comics decided to produce a one-shot showing Roland's final revenge on Farson. They've already mentioned the idea of a one-shot where Roland finally catches Rhea and avenges Susan.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slender View Post
    They've already mentioned the idea of a one-shot where Roland finally catches Rhea and avenges Susan.
    Cool. First I've heard of this.

Traveler childe nolan-d is on a distinguished road

In re-reading some of the comics and paying attention to some of the formality between Farson and Marten, what if Robin Furth has been deliberately holding off on telling Farson's fate because
    Spoiler:
    Farson is actually the Crimson King?
    I know it's a stretch, and some of the other stated "facts" about Farson would have to be dismissed, but it would be intriguing if that was the case.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could never shake the feeling that he was an incarnation of of Flagg, ala the end of The Stand. However that's just speculation and hunch.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that's what i was thinking man, i just didn't say it very well did i ? yes i DO recall reading that in W*G i just plump forgot about it that's al

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

childe nolan-d – I don't think that's very likely... I always got the impression that Farson was an evil human being who was manipulated by Walter, but your idea completely contradicts that.

Traveler Son of Paul is on a distinguished road Son of Paul's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, didn't book 7 reveal Flagg decided to fight with Farson?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to check the concordance!!!!!

lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Farson is a bandit from the Barony of Desoy (or Garlan). It is much higher than Walter, has long black hair in chaotic knot and red mask. Walter is his advisor, as well as Grissom. A similar role of the Latigo and other chiefs lieutenants. Walter helped Farson, but not manipulated him; Walter filled orders from Farson, as seen in Dark Tower: The Sorcerer. Walter was supposed to manipulate events in Mid-World, help to Farson in to his eventual triumph and the destruction of the Gunslingers.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

And absolutely never failed to take the form of Farson. As he says Depape, whether it looks however, is always the same size. And I'd hate to be in the skin of Walter, if Farson learned that Walter impersonates for him. When Walter is confronted, is impotent. Not to speak the fact that the hair would just be like him, not the mask and black dress (I've never seen a change of clothes - minimally not in the Dark Tower). And I believe that the mask and when to dress, just somewhere in the Mid-World does not lie!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems to be another detail on which King was conflicted at various times of writing. It's hinted that Farson may be RF in The Gunslinger, then in the prologue to WotC King says:

It's Roland's ancient nemesis, Marten Broadcloak, known in some worlds as Randall Flagg, in others as Richard Fannin, in others as John Farson (the Good Man).
    However, by the end of the series SK seems to have decided that they are seperate entities, which it seems the comics continue to concur with.

Traveler Cass will become famous soon enough

guys, one question... what happened with Farson after Jericho Hill?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    guys, one question... what happened with Farson after Jericho Hill?

As I recall, and I may be wrong, King, neither fully described the "Battle of Jericho Hill" or Farson's fate.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I asked King about Farson when I interviewed him for The Dark Tower Companion. He clarifies his relationship to Walter/Martin.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I asked King about Farson when I interviewed him for The Dark Tower Companion. He clarifies his relationship to Walter/Martin.
    Sweet! I look forward to reading that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3