Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

When King spoke about this story for the first time, in 2007, he revealed a great deal more about the plot than what was announced now. Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler:
    I'd like to tell a time-travel story where this guy finds a diner that connects to 1958 ... you always go back to the same day. So one day he goes back and just stays. Leaves his 2007 life behind. His goal? To get up to November 22, 1963, and stop Lee Harvey Oswald. He does, and he's convinced he's just FIXED THE WORLD. But when he goes back to '07, the world's a nuclear slag-heap. Not good to fool with Father Time. So then he has to go back again and stop himself ... only he's taken on a fatal dose of radiation, so it's a race against time.

But who knows to which extent the novel will follow these early ideas.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's really interesting. Do you happen to have an interview/article reference? I'm curious as to who he was speaking with when sharing that information.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

It's from a letter by King in Marvel Spotlight. It's also in issue two of The Gunslinger Born comic. He lists some other ideas, as well, and maybe his new comic Afterlife will be one of those other ideas.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And it's also collected in The Gunslinger Born hardcover.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    And elsewhere (I'm not exactly sure where) King makes at least one reference to Kennedy as the last American Gunslinger...

I have a feeling this book will be laced with DT connections.
    Yes, in The Drawing of the Three he's referred to as the last American gunslinger. It's hard not to believe the new book will be Dark Tower related, at least in some way.

Just a heads up to everyone to be careful about DT spoilers here

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    And elsewhere (I'm not exactly sure where) King makes at least one reference to Kennedy as the last American Gunslinger...

I have a feeling this book will be laced with DT connections.
    Yes, in The Drawing of the Three he's referred to as the last American gunslinger. It's hard not to believe the new book will be Dark Tower related, at least in some way.
    Well, not hard to believe that it will be, at least. In DotT, Odetta didn't care for that description of Kennedy, as a "gunslinger." And then they talked about him again in DT7 before the castle.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please post the numerology ideas in the Random Comments thread.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon & Schuster has said 11/22/63 is going to be 864 pages.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/sear...m=11%2F22%2F63

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good lord...864 pages? UtD was at least 150 pages too long...he cries out for an editor, but I guess he's too powerful.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If they edit him, he'll just publish an unabridged edition later and all of us will buy both of them.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Good lord...864 pages? UtD was at least 150 pages too long...he cries out for an editor, but I guess he's too powerful.
    Perhaps that is the edited version.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I'll read every damn page he write's. Good or bad!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Oh, I'm sure it's edited...but I'm also sure it's not edited enough. Full Dark was SO much better than UtD, and it's because the stories were tight and controlled.

It's like these 2 hr. 45 min. movies like Avatar that are overplotted and overlong...than look at any horror movie from the 1950s and they got the job done in 85 minutes. Nobody knows how to STOP anymore.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm sure it's edited...but I'm also sure it's not edited enough. Full Dark was SO much better than UtD, and it's because the stories were tight and controlled.

It's like these 2 hr. 45 min. movies like Avatar that are overplotted and overlong...than look at any horror movie from the 1950s and they got the job done in 85 minutes. Nobody knows how to STOP anymore.
    Well, you may have a point there. With King though everything prior to the "end" is usually great. He just seems to have a problem stopping!!!!! Know what I mean?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Nice find Michaël! Not sure if I like it yet!

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh.... it's not horrible I guess, but I wish it was simpler. There's a lot going on there.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I like it! Front cover/back cover dichotomy; using the newspaper to tell the story (remember, 1963 was before Internet and newspapers were where most people got their news).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or TV or the radio. (I like the cover also!)

John

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it, too. It would be nice if the dust jacket was made of a textured matte paper and die-cut along the ripped edge on the front with the title and author showing as-is and the alternate version of the headline printed beneath on glossy boards.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is brilliant. Unfortunately it will be marred by a UPC. Hopefully the UPC won't cover the picture on the bottom back of the DJ

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkday View Post
    When King spoke about this story for the first time, in 2007, he revealed a great deal more about the plot than what was announced now. Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler:
    I'd like to tell a time-travel story where this guy finds a diner that connects to 1958 ... you always go back to the same day. So one day he goes back and just stays. Leaves his 2007 life behind. His goal? To get up to November 22, 1963, and stop Lee Harvey Oswald. He does, and he's convinced he's just FIXED THE WORLD. But when he goes back to '07, the world's a nuclear slag-heap. Not good to fool with Father Time. So then he has to go back again and stop himself ... only he's taken on a fatal dose of radiation, so it's a race against time.

But who knows to which extent the novel will follow these early ideas.
    methinks this sounds like the movie, "The Butterfly Effect" but interesting
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is brilliant. Unfortunately it will be marred by a UPC. Hopefully the UPC won't cover the picture on the bottom back of the DJ
    I agree.

Stupid UPC messing up my book.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I agree.

Stupid UPC messing up my book.
    I agree. they should put it on the inside, front DJ flap
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed that the UK version of this book is entitled 11.22.63, not the American 11/22/63. Interesting!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast