+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 503

Thread: J.R.R. Tolkien, A Master!!!!

  1. #476
    Breaker St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ...parts unknown...
    Posts
    4,605
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Very nice.
    If you find yourself naming yourself with adjectives and prefixes, you need a more accurate noun.

  2. #477
    Guardian of the Beam Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Yeah, It's a nice edition. HarperCollins seem to be maintaining the quality of these deluxe editions - of the first printings, at least. I'm glad they did a deluxe edition of NoM-E, too.

    That wasn't always the case - some of the initial releases after HarperCollins acquired Unwin/Hyman were a bit questionable. I'm glad they've turned it around. Even the quality of the recent trade illustrated editions was pretty impressive. I'm personally glad, as the UK editions are the only editions I collect.

    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

  3. #478
    Demon of the Prim Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,279
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Book Depository did an excellent packaging job. Big box, lots of bubble wrap.

    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

  4. #479
    Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    4,552
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Good looking!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

  5. #480
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Ooooh, glad to hear you got it, and in good shape! That means mine's imminent. Looks like a good edition.

  6. #481
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,640
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Mine just arrived. First impression... very cool. The Eye of Sauron is cool.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wussy wasn't fuzzy was he?

  7. #482
    Guardian of the Beam Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    I got mine yesterday as well, from Blackwell's, and it arrived unscathed. HarperCollins putting it in its own cardboard sleeve is much appreciated as well.

    Very nice edition indeed. The trade edition is not too shabby either.

    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

  8. #483
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,640
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I got mine yesterday as well, from Blackwell's, and it arrived unscathed. HarperCollins putting it in its own cardboard sleeve is much appreciated as well.

    Very nice edition indeed. The trade edition is not too shabby either.

    HBJ
    I ordered the trade too. That one hasn't arrived yet. It looked nice from the promo material.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wussy wasn't fuzzy was he?

  9. #484
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Has anyone verified that their deluxe LOTR is a first printing? There was some reviewer on Amazon (UK) saying that they've already done another printing? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer...SIN=0008471290 That doesn't sound right, though. Has anyone heard anything about the print run for this?

  10. #485
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,640
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Has anyone verified that their deluxe LOTR is a first printing? There was some reviewer on Amazon (UK) saying that they've already done another printing? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer...SIN=0008471290 That doesn't sound right, though. Has anyone heard anything about the print run for this?
    Mine has a I printed on the copyright page.

    Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wussy wasn't fuzzy was he?

  11. #486
    Demon of the Prim Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,279
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Mine has a one. I checked Blackwell's and both of their editions now say reprint and looks like BD doesn't have the limited one for sale any more.

    Also found this article which guy says at bottom:

    "HarperCollins gave me the following information about the planned size of the first print - "Our initial expectation of the level of interest in the deluxe slipcased edition of the illustrated LOTR has been greatly exceeded, hence the removal of any mention of quantity, and current estimates of the first printing are well north of 6,000 copies.""
    Tolkien Collectors Guide
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

  12. #487
    Guardian of the Beam Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Both my deluxe and trade editions are first printings.

    My order from Blackwell’s got canceled on October 10, so I re-ordered them on October 11. Those are the books that arrived yesterday, so I must’ve been one of the last ones to get a first printing. Very relieved.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

  13. #488
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine has a one. I checked Blackwell's and both of their editions now say reprint and looks like BD doesn't have the limited one for sale any more.

    Also found this article which guy says at bottom:

    "HarperCollins gave me the following information about the planned size of the first print - "Our initial expectation of the level of interest in the deluxe slipcased edition of the illustrated LOTR has been greatly exceeded, hence the removal of any mention of quantity, and current estimates of the first printing are well north of 6,000 copies.""
    Tolkien Collectors Guide
    Nice find! That is interesting. Wonder what "Well North of 6000 copies means"? Also, there's now a non-limited Deluxe edition? That is still the Red leather one? For half price? I'm still confused...

  14. #489
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,640
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine has a one. I checked Blackwell's and both of their editions now say reprint and looks like BD doesn't have the limited one for sale any more.

    Also found this article which guy says at bottom:

    "HarperCollins gave me the following information about the planned size of the first print - "Our initial expectation of the level of interest in the deluxe slipcased edition of the illustrated LOTR has been greatly exceeded, hence the removal of any mention of quantity, and current estimates of the first printing are well north of 6,000 copies.""
    Tolkien Collectors Guide
    Nice find! That is interesting. Wonder what "Well North of 6000 copies means"? Also, there's now a non-limited Deluxe edition? That is still the Red leather one? For half price? I'm still confused...
    There is only one deluxe edition. The trade edition has the red edge and is illustrated as well.

    There is a UK trade edition and a US trade edition. The UK is selling for twice the US and is the actual first.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wussy wasn't fuzzy was he?

  15. #490
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine has a one. I checked Blackwell's and both of their editions now say reprint and looks like BD doesn't have the limited one for sale any more.

    Also found this article which guy says at bottom:

    "HarperCollins gave me the following information about the planned size of the first print - "Our initial expectation of the level of interest in the deluxe slipcased edition of the illustrated LOTR has been greatly exceeded, hence the removal of any mention of quantity, and current estimates of the first printing are well north of 6,000 copies.""
    Tolkien Collectors Guide
    Nice find! That is interesting. Wonder what "Well North of 6000 copies means"? Also, there's now a non-limited Deluxe edition? That is still the Red leather one? For half price? I'm still confused...
    There is only one deluxe edition. The trade edition has the red edge and is illustrated as well.

    There is a UK trade edition and a US trade edition. The UK is selling for twice the US and is the actual first.
    Ah, I lost the plot there. Right, so why is the UK trade edition (White w/red) edition selling for twice the US? Aren't they identical, except for the publisher's imprint?

  16. #491
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,640
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine has a one. I checked Blackwell's and both of their editions now say reprint and looks like BD doesn't have the limited one for sale any more.

    Also found this article which guy says at bottom:

    "HarperCollins gave me the following information about the planned size of the first print - "Our initial expectation of the level of interest in the deluxe slipcased edition of the illustrated LOTR has been greatly exceeded, hence the removal of any mention of quantity, and current estimates of the first printing are well north of 6,000 copies.""
    Tolkien Collectors Guide
    Nice find! That is interesting. Wonder what "Well North of 6000 copies means"? Also, there's now a non-limited Deluxe edition? That is still the Red leather one? For half price? I'm still confused...
    There is only one deluxe edition. The trade edition has the red edge and is illustrated as well.

    There is a UK trade edition and a US trade edition. The UK is selling for twice the US and is the actual first.
    Ah, I lost the plot there. Right, so why is the UK trade edition (White w/red) edition selling for twice the US? Aren't they identical, expect for the publisher's imprint?
    I'm not sure. The UK version is the true first trade edition but that shouldn't matter to the retail sellers.

    Blackwell's is selling the UK version for $66 which includes shipping from the UK. That seems reasonable. They warn they are reprints (second printings) though.

    I ordered the deluxe and the US trade without realizing there was a UK trade. The book appears to be essentially the same book. So I'm happy with that.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wussy wasn't fuzzy was he?

  17. #492
    Guardian of the Beam Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    There's been a recent discussion in the FB Tolkien group about the deluxe slipcased Hobbit edition. We had a similar discussion about a year ago here, on how to identify a first printing (as no printing designations are included on most printings), so I thought I'd post some info here, in case folks are interested.

    Firstly, HarperCollins have started adding designations to the more recent printings of the deluxe Hobbit. Someone posted an 11th printing, which was designated as such on the copyright page. It has a Bridge Street address for HarperCollins, and is printed by RR Donnelley APS, in China.

    When we discussed it here, between us we identified three variants of early printings without designation:
    - Printed in Italy with a Fulham Palace Road address, ISBN-10 of 000711835X
    - Printed in Hong Kong with a a Fulham Palace Road address, ISBN-13 of 9780007118359
    - Printed in Hong Kong with a Bridge Street address, ISBN-13 of 9780007118359

    I did a bit of digging, and found that HarperCollins moved from Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith to Bridge Street, London, in January 2015 (source). That, coupled with the use of an ISBN-10 rather than ISBN-13 makes me think the first variant, above, is the earliest one. That is consistent with others in the series, which tended to have European printers for the first printing, and Hong Kong printers for later printings.

    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

  18. #493
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Currently employed by the T.V.A. in a deep cover capacity at an undislosed High Priority Time.
    Posts
    32,438
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Book Depository did an excellent packaging job. Big box, lots of bubble wrap.

    Sweet!!! Congrats!!
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????


    28 in 22 (?)!!!!




  19. #494
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Oh Boy. So, the Tolkien collector's on a facebook group are reporting wide spread severe issues with many of the Deluxe copies making their way out there. I'm still trying to gather what those issues are exactly (blurred text, smudges, even possibly pages printed twice), but if yours is still in shrinkwrap- I'd open it up and give it a good lookover.

  20. #495
    Demon of the Prim Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,279
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I look forward to see what the complaints are. I take all my stuff out the shrinkwrap. The only thing I noticed was a short bit of thread from the cloth on the cover - but a quick snip took care of that. I looked at the limitation page, but not all the other pages; with that gold edge once you start opening pages it never looks the same. And I would not call the maps "poster sized". Not impressed with the pages from the Book of Mazarbul. But I am tempted to read it - it's been a loong time since I read LOTR and I am getting tired of spending money on stuff I never read...

    Anyway, it's motivating me to finally redo Tolkien shelves so I can see which slipcased ones I am missing, dump all the old ratty BCE stuff and paperbacks that are just about Tolkien but not written by him (I took Tolkien as some of my English classes in school) - and see if I can find anything on the Hobbit.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

  21. #496
    Guardian of the Beam Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack has a reputation beyond repute Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Oh Boy. So, the Tolkien collector's on a facebook group are reporting wide spread severe issues with many of the Deluxe copies making their way out there. I'm still trying to gather what those issues are exactly (blurred text, smudges, even possibly pages printed twice), but if yours is still in shrinkwrap- I'd open it up and give it a good lookover.
    I think the main issues reported are some fraying of the edge of the cloth where it meets the red leather of the spine, and some pages which appeared to have been printed twice (ie. the same text applied twice to the same page, not a duplicated page), which has been described variously as blurred or smudged (but it's really a double text image, I think). Some thought the page block binding was a little loose as well.

    My copy doesn't have any of these issues, but quite a few have reported them. I don't know whether I would call it "widespread", as this sort of thing gets reported more than the good copies do, but quite a few people are seeing one or more of these problems.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

  22. #497
    Breaker St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ...parts unknown...
    Posts
    4,605
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    For those interested, a discussion about these editions: https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules...d=3992&start=0

    Discussion of quality concerns begin around the 40th page.

    One reported issue is color variation (some pages more yellowy than others) in text pages (as opposed to illustration pages, which often use different paper).

    Good to see that (so far) no one here has had any issues.

    I've preordered the non-deluxe, hope to receive it early next month.
    If you find yourself naming yourself with adjectives and prefixes, you need a more accurate noun.

  23. #498
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    866
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    My Deluxe is fine, no problems that I can see. Very glad, also, that you all seem to be getting good copies. Maybe that does mean that these problems are not widespread. I really like this edition. It's pretty much what I was expecting. I do wish it were a tad cheaper, though. I've been collecting Tolkien editions forever (like Lurker- shedding a bunch years ago, as I increasingly only want to keep really good ones). This one is a keeper. The best is still the 3 volume Alan Lee in beautiful red cloth, but of the one volume editions- it's this and the 50th Anniversary for me.

  24. #499
    Demon of the Prim Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker has much to be proud of Lurker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,279
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Is there a list or a picture of all the Harper Collins slipcased editions thro The Nature of Middle-earth anywhere?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

  25. #500
    Breaker St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ...parts unknown...
    Posts
    4,605
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Is there a list or a picture of all the Harper Collins slipcased editions thro The Nature of Middle-earth anywhere?
    I imagine someone at www.tolkienguide.com must have posted something like this, but I've never been able to find it when I looked.

    If you don't mind looking them up individually, you can get good looks at https://www.tolkien.co.uk/product-ca...lusive-deluxe/ (which you may well already know about).
    If you find yourself naming yourself with adjectives and prefixes, you need a more accurate noun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts