Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So pleased to see other Powers fans out here! I can't even comment on the Charnel House editions, being utterly choked with jealousy!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those lettered editions upthread are amazing!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect Dean Koontz Ltd's and I love the Charnel House editions. I must admit I've never read Tim Powers but thought I'd grab this as it's cool, signed by Koontz and made by Charnel House.
    Hell, I may even read it.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I just bought this one too and it is gorgeous. I was able to snag a new copy for $150.00.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

What's a fair price on the limited Charnel House version of Last Call? Not the lettered

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    What's a fair price on the limited Charnel House version of Last Call? Not the lettered
    I would say $200 - $250. I rarely see one on sale for less than $200.

My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks Clacke. D you think it's worth the money? I've only seen a few pictures but it looks like a beauty

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is worth every penny (dollar).

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

As Randall says, it's worth every penny. Charnel House do wonderful high quality books and Last Call doesn't disappoint.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen one of their books in person, but from what I've seen in pictures Charnel House does not disappoint.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Devilish

Bought the Charnel House S/L of Last Call. Had to. It's too damn nice to pass up

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Charnel House-A Time to Cast Away Stones. Author: Tim Powers.

Link:
    http://www.charnelhouse.com/caststones.html

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anubis Gates ltd. edition is now available from Centipede. You can also get one from Subterranean for $20 off the cover price.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Holy Crap! Thanks for the heads-up- I've been clicking that (previously) dead link on the Centipede site for weeks now, waiting for any info. This looks like the epitome of what limited edition publishing should be all about. I absolutely LOVE the fact that there is exactly ONE PERFECT EDITION, and Jerad's comments explaining why warm my heart to no end. I've advocated this very idea (one edition, the best you can make) for years on every damn message board and soapbox I could find- and am always disappointed by the collective "...uhhh, but what about a "lettered" edition?" Dho! This is one of my top 5 favorite novels of all time, and as harsh a critic as I always am on what passes for overpriced limited editions nowadays- I could not be more impressed and elated. Jerad is laying down the f*@#ing gauntlet (no pun intended, *cough*) on what the small press is all about!

Ron

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Holy Crap! Thanks for the heads-up- I've been clicking that (previously) dead link on the Centipede site for weeks now, waiting for any info.
    Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. That darn 404 page huh?

I agree with almost everything you said too. Jerad's books make all the talk about the cost of "materials" by other publishers a little silly.

I can't wait to get this. I saw the artwork at the artist's blog and it's absolutely fantastic. This is going to be the flagship of my collection, next to the deluxe Knowing Darkness.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't seem to find the link on the Centipede site (I did receive the e-mail with the ad for the SP site).

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, P.!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the direct link to centipede press site:

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/anubisgates.html

in case you would rather give the extra $20 to Jerad.

I was just perusing this thread, after "speaking with Jerad". I have never read any Tim Powers books. Do you feel that the anubis gates would be a good start? And would it be worth picking up this edition of the book? Thanks for any advice

Country
    Country Flag

Full disclosure: I haven't read Anubis Gates yet. I have the book on my Kobo and it's on the top of the TBR pile. I did buy the book based on other books by Powers that I did read. He has a very distinct style and the quality of his writing is "next level." The few I've read were not an easy read but they weren't taxing, and it didn't feel like a chore. You need full immersion, or you'll miss some crucial detail that gets a quick mention. His books are a pleasure to read and will make you a better and more critical reader. Most authors after him, to me at least, feel pretty average. That's not a knock on other writers, I'm just saying Powers is THAT good.

For a quick taste, and a bit of an easier read try his collection The Bible Repairman.

Here's a sample paragraph from Anubis Gates, I lifted it from the artist's blog.

“For a moment he just hung stunned in the water, for the lights had followed him and now surrounded him, and staring at the nearest couple he saw that they were eggshell halves, equipped with tiny torches, straw masts and folded paper sails, and - it didn’t even occur to him to ascribe it to fever delirium - a tiny man no bigger than his little finger crouched in each one, twisting the toy mast deftly in the breeze to hold his diminutive craft in position.”

You could breeze through his books but you'll get more out of them if you concentrate on the language and those detailed, trippy visuals (he was friends with Philip K. Dick.) My favourite of his is Hide Me Among the Graves. it took me three months to read it, and I savoured every moment.

Late entry: I like supporting publishers directly but these $20 off go towards the international shipping which is absolutely ridiculous.

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recall Dean Koontz saying how much he loved Tim Powers' works. This is tempting because it sounds like this book is the definition of the guy. Any idea how fast this thing might sell?

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    I recall Dean Koontz saying how much he loved Tim Powers' works. This is tempting because it sounds like this book is the definition of the guy. Any idea how fast this thing might sell?
    It looks like Subterranean's allotment is already gone.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This email directly from Jerad a little while ago:

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hey Gang,

A quick one today to let you know The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers is up for pre-order:

Selling very very quickly.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Jerad

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I was just perusing this thread, after "speaking with Jerad". I have never read any Tim Powers books. Do you feel that the anubis gates would be a good start? And would it be worth picking up this edition of the book? Thanks for any advice
    I can still order with this link, but will i receive a copy from Centipede ( i ordered?!)??? Subterrain seems to be sold?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I can still order with this link, but will i receive a copy from Centipede ( i ordered?!)??? Subterrain seems to be sold?
    That is the direct link through the centipede press website - so there should be copies available - if not you would get an email directly from them saying it was sold out. No idea how many copies subpress had - but as far as I know it was only being sold directly through centipede press and the subpress link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast