Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed - I already have a copy

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same. I paid full price too. Oh well.

Information on how to get an inscribed/signed copy of Medusa's Web: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTimPo...01308199970369

His Facebook is very interesting; a lot of cool stories and insight into his writing process.

Country
    Country Flag

You can get an inscribed copy right here for cheaper than a flatsigned one from VJ: http://orange.ebookman.com/search.sh...u=Start+Search

It seems like Powers is their regular customer. He'll sign and/or inscribe whatever orders come in the next time he's there.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    You can get an inscribed copy right here for cheaper than a flatsigned one from VJ: http://orange.ebookman.com/search.sh...u=Start+Search

It seems like Powers is their regular customer. He'll sign and/or inscribe whatever orders come in the next time he's there.
    That's where I ordered my copy of medusas web from his signing event. It hasn't arrived yet, I hope they didn't forget my order. Guess I should call them tomorrow

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my inscribed copy and love it:

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Just got my inscribed copy and love it:

Nice inscription and signature! Congratulations, Chad!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read Last Call and liked it. I tried Expiration Date and couldn't finish it. I found a beat up paperback copy of The Anubis Gates. Is it worth trying?

Country
    Country Flag

That one is considered to be one of his best works.

I just received a tip top copy of Powers of Two. Still waiting on my inscribed Medusa's Web.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That one is considered to be one of his best works.

I just received a tip top copy of Powers of Two. Still waiting on my inscribed Medusa's Web.
    Ok, thanks. I will give it a shot.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I read Last Call and liked it. I tried Expiration Date and couldn't finish it. I found a beat up paperback copy of The Anubis Gates. Is it worth trying?
    ANUBIS GATES is probably my favorite of his novels.
    When and if, read SOUL IN A BOTTLE, too. It's a short piece but a delight.

Country
    Country Flag

I received my inscribed copy of Medusa's Web. It has the same inscription (minus the name, obv.) but he also drew a sketch of himself. The store sent the book in a padded envelope and it came bowed enough to hold 1/3 bag of Skittles. I have it under a bunch of heavy books but the boards will remain soft even if straight.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested in a signed ARC of The Stress of Her Regard, one is listed HERE at $50 BIN.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

Do any of you know anything about (i.e. - limitation, current value) the Axolotl Press, red leather, back-to-back PCs of "The Way Down the Hill"/"The Pink of Fading Neon" by Tim Powers and James Blaylock respectively. I've googled the book and found 3 sites that listed the PC limitation as 6, 1 site had it at 20, I think another had "indeterminate number" and a few made no mention of the PCs at all. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

P.S. - I have a copy, so I've ruled out those sites that make no mention of them all.

Country
    Country Flag

This is all I found:

This Axolotl edition was bound back to back with the James P. Blaylock story The Pink of Fading Neon and featured an introduction by Ed Bryant. The Blaylock story was introduced by Charles De Lint and each copy was signed by all four contributors. This edition – three states of which are pictured – was actually issued in four separate states as follows…

400 paper bound copies. Priced at $6.00, ISBN 0-939-8790-85.
    200 cloth bound hard cover copies. Priced at $35.00, ISBN 0-939-8790-79.
    50 hard cover copies bound in grey leather. Priced at $65.00, ISBN 0-939-8790-69.
    6 presentation copies, bound in red leather which were not offered for sale.
    The first two states can be found fairly easily – try this link to ABE. The grey leather state comes up infrequently. Approximately fifteen sets of unbound pages were produced for review.

I don't own any, but I did get a new charnel house book in the mail - hide me among the graves - so I think that does it for my powers charnel house books.

Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Cit74. Your information appears to jibe with the better part of what I was able to find. I appreciate it!

And your Charnel House acquisition, Hide Me Among the Graves, is a beautiful book. Congratulations!

-Michael

Traveler Wilshire is on a distinguished road

Three lettered editions back up for Medusa’s Web at Subterranean Press. I think it ships immediately. Probably won't last long - the lettered never do.
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...il/medusas_web

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

The lettered Medusa's Web is available again it seems.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone getting Poems from Charnel House? I was on the fence about a book of poetry but A) it's Powers, and B) it's bound to be another stunning, hand made book. So yeah, I ordered the numbered edition.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Sub Press 50% off sale!

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Nice haul, Becca! Medusa's Web (which I actually just received from CD in one of their 50% off sales) is a really pretty book! Nicely designed and executed. MY slipcase, however, looks a little... rushed? It looks fine on one side- like yours- but the other side, you can see the tape marks through the cover material (if that makes any sense). How's yours? I did pick up Nobody's Home and Down & Out In Purgatory from the Subpress sale as well (Thanks, Bill!).

Ron

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Nice haul, Becca! Medusa's Web (which I actually just received from CD in one of their 50% off sales) is a really pretty book! Nicely designed and executed. MY slipcase, however, looks a little... rushed? It looks fine on one side- like yours- but the other side, you can see the tape marks through the cover material (if that makes any sense). How's yours? I did pick up Nobody's Home and Down & Out In Purgatory from the Subpress sale as well (Thanks, Bill!).

Ron
    It looks fine. I have one like yours on my Fevre Dream limited. It just looks like it was one of the last ones they had to do before going home for the night
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Ron

It looks fine. I have one like yours on my Fevre Dream limited. It just looks like it was one of the last ones they had to do before going home for the night
    Lol. Yeah, my Fevre Dream looks fine on both sides, so you must be right. Thanks for the confirmation.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's The Collected Stories of Tim Powers: https://www.amazon.com/Down-Out-Purg...rds=tim+powers

Charnel House is doing the limited edition. This is what their website has to say about it: "The Collected Stories of Tim Powers is now being designed. The 22 story Charnel House Edition will be a tall drink of water in a binding you have never seen or touched before. More on this title soon."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've never heard of Tim Powers, just went to read an online sample of Last Call, and I'm hooked.

You never know where you'll find the next one...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast