Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks for posting that pic...glad to finally see it. For no reason other than uninformed assumption, I had always thought that it had a dj that was different than the trade 1st -- like the recent 10th Anniversary slipcased edition, for example.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the UK 10th Anniversary s/l Coraline published by Bloomsbury available for $100 that includes shipping here in the US. PM me if interested. The book is still in its original shrink wrap, so I don't know what number it is.

John

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are the pics of the coraline versions - the signed UK one is relatively new and should be pretty inexpensive - although different artist (chris riddall - not Mckean) - those you can get for less than $100 - I think I bought it direct from the book depository in the UK for under $40 a few months back. As for the different versions here is a quick view:

and here is one of the elusive 177 signed copies as mentioned above (it came with the marbles)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

jhanice, thanks for the offer, but I tend to see those go for around $50 or $60, so will need to pass. That is an edition, though, that I may look at again if my recent lead on the Sub Press edition doesn't pan out. My reason for passing on in thus far is that it was published *after* my daughter went through her intense devotional phase to the book and movie, so it seems just "not of" that phase in her life, so it doesn't quite do it for me. I know that probably doesn't make much sense to some, but it does to the parent and collector in me...so I'll likely just continue my focus on the Sub Press edition.

"it came with the marbles" -- that's pretty neat. Thanks for sharing the pics of the Coraline collection...much appreciated.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    jhanice, thanks for the offer, but I tend to see those go for around $50 or $60, so will need to pass. That is an edition, though, that I may look at again if my recent lead on the Sub Press edition doesn't pan out. My reason for passing on in thus far is that it was published *after* my daughter went through her intense devotional phase to the book and movie, so it seems just "not of" that phase in her life, so it doesn't quite do it for me. I know that probably doesn't make much sense to some, but it does to the parent and collector in me...so I'll likely just continue my focus on the Sub Press edition.

"it came with the marbles" -- that's pretty neat. Thanks for sharing the pics of the Coraline collection...much appreciated.
    No problem. Hope you get what you're after!

I bought the book in a moment of weakness (I don't collect Gaiman at all) but I don't want to lose money on it either.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I won American Gods and Neverwhere on eBay for a cool $3 total. There was no mention of what printings the books were. I messaged the seller and he said both are first printings. If this transaction actually happens I will have Smoke and Mirrors, AG and Neverwhere. I'm on the fence about what else I should take: Fragile Things (UK edition, love that DJ) or Stardust. Anyone have an extra copy for sale?

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to work the signing here in Atlanta. If so, I'm hoping to be able to get more signed.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I won American Gods and Neverwhere on eBay for a cool $3 total. There was no mention of what printings the books were. I messaged the seller and he said both are first printings. If this transaction actually happens I will have Smoke and Mirrors, AG and Neverwhere. I'm on the fence about what I should take: Fragile Things (UK edition, love that DJ) or Stardust. Anyone have an extra copy for sale?
    Great job on the auction - hope it comes through. I was a bit confused - were you looking for copies of just fragile things and stardust? or the others as well.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I still need Fragile Things and/or Stardust.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to work the signing here in Atlanta. If so, I'm hoping to be able to get more signed.
    Good luck with that - that would be very cool

Country
    Country Flag

These are super cheap - the recently released s/l stardust for $61.44 bin - 4 left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stardust-The...item232a07e890

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my July schedule and found out I am off 6 July - when Neil comes back through NorCal that day. So i decided it will be a family outing - visit Charles Schultz museum during the day, dinner, and then book signing. I called the event to ask about signing rules - they said as many copies of Ocean at end of lane, then two other books - so that makes 8 books to bring (for the 4 of us).

If you are thinking of going to a signing double check the site and buy tickets soon:
    http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/

Steph and I are also headed to the SF signing the week before - (this was planned first before knowing July schedule) - I just checked their ticket site and that event is already sold out

so by my math that will be 12 books - makes it a bit easier to decide what to bring - i might even have to bring the huge arse absolute sandman/death books....although i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I sure would like to find a signed/limited HC of CORALINE (Subterranean Press)...it and the movie were my daughter's favorite book and film for a couple years, and so holds very special memories for me. I can't swing the $200 - $300 price tag I see on eBay, though, so the wait continues. I suppose I could just do a signed 1st, but I'd truly like to have the most special edition possible to commemorate what are, for me, very special memories.

Thanks to cit74 and a lead he offered me, I was able to snag a copy of the Sub Press S/L edition at a pretty decent price.

Anybody else participating in Wourld Book Day? I'll be giving out Good Omens. If anyone here wants a copy, all I ask is that you cover postage. PM me if you're interested.

Country
    Country Flag

For the Gaiman nerd/completist in you, Death standee, signed by both author and artist:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chris-Bachal...item2c6e9025e5

If anybody else wants a World Book Night copy of Good Omens let me know. I still have a few. All I ask is $3 to help cover postage and an envelope.

Country
    Country Flag

If anybody else wants a World Book Night copy of Good Omens let me know. I still have a few. All I ask is $3 to help cover postage and an envelope.
    I think you need to post this somewhere else on forum - everyone here (on gaiman thread) has or has read good omens - for $3 everyone else on the forum should read good omens - make them expand their horizons.

Thanks for the suggestion. What thread do you think would be best?

Country
    Country Flag

Doh - got an email from one of Gaiman's upcoming tours:
    "as many copies of “The Ocean At The End Of The Lane” as you'd like plus only one (1) other Gaiman title. Mr. Gaiman will not be signing any memorabilia."
    Originally they had said 2 other books and changed it to 1 - now I've got to whittle it down to 6 books to get signed. Dang - and I just got a few 1st/1st of his early books.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take one!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Please PM me your address and I'll send you
    My email for paypal. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    "as many copies of “The Ocean At The End Of The Lane” as you'd like plus only one (1) other Gaiman title. Mr. Gaiman will not be signing any memorabilia."
    Originally they had said 2 other books and changed it to 1 - now I've got to whittle it down to 6 books to get signed. Dang - and I just got a few 1st/1st of his early books.
    I didn't even get the email. I happened to check his website and scrolled down through the listing and noticed the change. I bought two tickets BECAUSE it said The Ocean + TWO other books. I also bought a few first editions and was planning on taking four (my wife and I are both going) to have them inscribed. I'm still taking all four. I'll politely and respectully explain that the listing said + two originally and will ask him to sign them.

I probably would have passed if it said just one. I had to take a full day off work, gas and tolls will be around $60 and shipping for two books was nearly $40. I could've easily gotten them from eBay for that money.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I didn't even get the email. I happened to check his website and scrolled down through the listing and noticed the change. I bought two tickets BECAUSE it said The Ocean + TWO other books. I also bought a few first editions and was planning on taking four (my wife and I are both going) to have them inscribed. I'm still taking all four. I'll politely and respectully explain that the listing said + two originally and will ask him to sign them.

I probably would have passed if it said just one. I had to take a full day off work, gas and tolls will be around $60 and shipping for two books was nearly $40. I could've easily gotten them from eBay for that money.
    I will bring a few extra as well - figure if I see someone empty handed behind me maybe ask them to get one signed

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

is there a pre-signed publishers edition of TOatEotL like there was for Joe Hills book? Can you pre-order it? anyone have a link?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag