Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Those are nice. I think once I pay the taxes I might take the plunge and get some Gaiman S/Ls. They'll look nice next to Absolute Sandman editions and Taverns of the Dead S/L. I loved Neverwhere (although the TV show was seriously lacking), American Gods and Anansi Boys.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coraline - I guess you could call this a "gift" edition. It is not signed or numbered, but the limitation page states that only 4000 copies exist. A special plate by Dave McKean is included, along with some additional stuff, like copies of notebook pages, etc.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we the "hobby market"?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really sure if we are or not - I'd never seen this particular copy before, so I went ahead and bought it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

This particular special edition of Coraline was put together by the comic book, toy, gaming, & collector card market distributor, DIAMOND, Inc. Hence, the "Hobby Market" reference. I preordered my copy through the comic book catalog PREVIEWS (Diamond's monthly catalog of all the forthcoming swag) all those years ago. In addition to the special features at the back of the book, the other thing that is different to the "trade" edition is the cool glow-in-the-dark ghosts on the dust jacket. I've got about 5 different editions of Coraline (including a comics adaptation hardcover), and this is my favorite one by far. Thanks for sharing it, Eric!

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all of that info, Ron. I guess I now know why the seller called it the Diamond Edition. I remember Previews from my comic collecting days...

Country
    Country Flag

Mirrormask (S/L, 500 copies)

The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases (650 copies - signed, not numbered. One of the few anthologies with NG that I own. Signed by 55 contributors, including Michael Moorcock, Alan Moore, and China Mieville. Each author ("Doctor") wrote about a fictitious disease they created. It is pretty bizarre)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous books.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Where could I buy that second book? I saw Tim Lebbon's sig and it has Mieville's and Gaiman's... that's enough for me right there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Where could I buy that second book? I saw Tim Lebbon's sig and it has Mieville's and Gaiman's... that's enough for me right there.
    Camelot Books has it listed on their site - http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/...roducts_id=936 - I paid the same for it but got it somewhere else

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Camelot Books has it listed on their site - http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/...roducts_id=936 - I paid the same for it but got it somewhere else
    Is anyone willing to get a copy of this book and ship it to me (I'll pay for all expenses of course)? I tried but can't seem to get through the checkout at Camelot's website... thanks in advance!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Hey man,

I just bought two copies, one for me and one for you. I'll let you know how much it'll cost all together when I receive them. Cool?

ELazansky, thanks man.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Thanks a lot! I'm not a collector of signed books per se but I really liked the premise of this collection and the book looks great. Just send me a PM when you get the book and we'll work out the details.

Country
    Country Flag

I think you guys will enjoy the book. The signature pages look like prescription pads.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, it is an interesting, creative book with a lot of signatures for a very reasonable price.

If anyone is interested who hasn't seen these, more photos are posted in my collection thread here. (Just don't expect photo quality like Eric's!)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't added much lately, since I've got most of the regular S/L Gaiman's that I've been looking for (still hunting down the Angels and Visitations and the Sub Press version of The Graveyard Book). But I did just pick up this - Melinda, the last of the Hill House Publications. It comes in an envelope with the same limitation number as the book itself (mine got a little wrinkled, but that's OK). Here is a description - "Released by Hill House, this limited edition is an oversized hardcover volume actually designed by Matuzak. Each page is quite literally a work of art, beginning with the embossed front cover with its hand-placed colour plate and continuing inside with red-flecked art-quality paper imported from Germany specially for this book. The page numbers are presented uniquely, as part of a machinery cog design at the top of the pages. Each colour plate is set off by a simple black line frame and what appear to be two mechanical hinges, as if the plate were a literal door into Melinda's world, waiting to be opened."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Eric. I've been thinking about picking up a copy of MELINDA. What exactly is in the envelope again? Also, any chance you might be able to take a photo or two of the interior? No worries if not, but thought I'd ask.

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick,

The envelope has nothing else other than the book. I guess you could call it the slipcase, although the art print on the front is applied. The drawings inside are black and white, with 8 laid-in color prints by the artist. It is a short story, but I loved all of the Hill House books, so I just had to get it:

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Get it Patrick if you can Melinda is a beautifully designed book (as you would expect with Hill House).

Congrats Eric!
    Geoff

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Not really sure if we are or not - I'd never seen this particular copy before, so I went ahead and bought it.
    It is a much better copy than the Subterranean Press edition because it has all that extra bonus content.

Here's another to get and it's available at cost on Amazon. It's the movie tie-in edition and has a large bonus section like the Diamond Edition. Some of it's the same some of it's new. It's worth buying.

http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Movie...2404515&sr=1-1
    Geoff

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the photos, explanations and endorsements. I'll add that book to my Want List.

Geoff, I've read the book, but I have not seen the Coraline movie.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gaiman fanboys:

A new S/L anthology at a very reasonable price. I already pre-ordered my copy. Lots of great authors besides Gaiman as well! Not only that, but proceeds support a reasonable cause, too.

http://newconpress.co.uk/books/fable...-the-fountain/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Hey Gaiman fanboys:

A new S/L anthology at a very reasonable price. I already pre-ordered my copy. Lots of great authors besides Gaiman as well! Not only that, but proceeds support a reasonable cause, too.

http://newconpress.co.uk/books/fable...-the-fountain/
    Thanks for that - can't pass up a s/l with Mr. Gaiman at that price!

Country
    Country Flag

A few chapbooks:

Shoggoth's Old Peculiar - 5000 unnumbered copies:

Sunbird - 1000 numbered copies. Also pictured is the bottle of perfume that was inspired by the story:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I should give Gaiman a try. I loved Cronin's "The Passage" any suggestions from you folks for a "Newbie"?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast