Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Are there any follow up books to "American Gods"?
    Anansi boys...would read that one next
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Are there any follow up books to "American Gods"?
    Anansi boys...would read that one next
    Yep. Although that's a great read- and I highly recommend doing so- it's only tangentially related. More direct follow ups are the long(ish) short stories The Monarch of the Glen, and Black Dog. Both excellent. But, yeah- we need a full-on AG sequel, which Gaiman has always hinted at: i.e. When he brings Shadow back home, to Chicago.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess's Stardust (limited edition)
    Signed by both
    => https://titanbooks.com/70757-the-art...mited-edition/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess's Stardust (limited edition)
    Signed by both
    => https://titanbooks.com/70757-the-art...mited-edition/
    Thanks for posting that!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thx - ordered mine too…and then saw I got the email earlier today…will see how quickly the 500 sell out
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered as well. Thanks for the heads up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered as well. Thanks for the post.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Oh great one more I can’t afford. Lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Any idea about logistics for ordering?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Not sure, but worth signing up for both the Arete mailing list, as well as the Hand & Eye mailing list as well here - https://www.handandeye.co.uk/

From Phil's last email update in July:

"Meanwhile the Areté edition of The Case of Death and Honey is making progress and we should have photographs of the dummies of all three editions in the coming weeks. Printing has started on the companion volume, The Adventure of the Creeping Man, and we'll be finishing it as soon as The Wind in the Willows is off the press and then moving straight on to the Death and Honey."
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

A quick FYI that CORALINE, the animated film, is going to be showing at select movie theaters in the U.S. for one night on August 24th. She's been a special part of our family's memories for a dozen years, so we wouldn't miss it.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Not sure, but worth signing up for both the Arete mailing list, as well as the Hand & Eye mailing list as well here - https://www.handandeye.co.uk/

From Phil's last email update in July:

"Meanwhile the Areté edition of The Case of Death and Honey is making progress and we should have photographs of the dummies of all three editions in the coming weeks. Printing has started on the companion volume, The Adventure of the Creeping Man, and we'll be finishing it as soon as The Wind in the Willows is off the press and then moving straight on to the Death and Honey."
    Thanks, all signed up. I vaguely recall there was a sortof mini-sale for a small number of copies a couple months back, I wasn't sure if a similar thing was happening now. I'll stay tuned...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Per an e-mail from Arete Editions (re: Gaiman’s The Case of Death and Honey):

...pre-orders for all editions at 5 pm BST on Saturday 4 September...
    [BST = British Summer Time]

Details for...

...the Artist's (Lettered) Edition (26 lettered + 8 publisher's copies): https://www.arete-editions.com/artists-edition

200 x 325 mm / 7.9 in x 12.8 in

An edition of twenty-six lettered and eight publishers’ copies printed in black and red on deckle-edged hand-made paper specially commissioned from Gangolf Ulbricht.

Typeset in hot metal Monotype Baskerville and Gill Sans by Nick Gill at Effra Press and Typefoundry.

Letterpress printed on a FAG proof press by Phil Abel and Robert Hetherington at Hand & Eye Editions.

Each book has bound in to the cover the original artwork of one of Gary Gianni’s illustrations.

Bradel bound by Richard Tong at Ludlow Bookbinders in off-white goatskin with a red leather spine.

Foil blocked in seven colours on the cover and with five raised bands on the spine.

The off-white leather cover has a cutout on front board that contains the original artwork.

It is protected by removeable panel covered in cloth with Suedal protection and foil blocked in two colours.

Gicleé printed full colour frontispiece tipped in.

Head and tail bands.

The book has 'set' headcaps where the leather is formed over the headbands.

Endpapers specially designed by Gary Gianni.

The book is housed in a handmade, full leather bradel bound solander box which has been designed by Richard Tong in red goatskin leather with cutouts front and back revealing two off-white leather panels foil blocked in eight colours. Its spine has a foil blocked leather labels with hand tooled gold lines added.

The box opens to reveal the book itself and two related volumes: An Introduction of Sorts by Neil Gaiman full bound in Colorado book cloth and limited to the thirty-four copies; and The Adventure of the Creeping Man by Arthur Conan Doyle, the story that inspired The Case of Death and Honey, letterpress printed in two colours, red and black, on a Heidelberg SB cylinder press by Phil Abel and Robert Hetherington at Hand & Eye Editions; and a portfolio of prints of a selection of the black and white illustrations quarter bound in Colorado cloth and Elephanthide paper and foil blocked in black on the front.

Each copy is signed by the Neil Gaiman and Gary Gianni.

Purchase of The Artist's Edition is limited to one copy per buyer.

Currently available for pre-order only.

Ł3200 plus carriage, pre-orders from 5 pm BST on Saturday 4 September
    ...the Numbered Edition (250): https://www.arete-editions.com/numbered-edition

175 x 265 mm / 6.9 x 10.4 in, 84 pages.
    Limited edition of 250 copies plus thirty publisher’s copies.

Illustrated by Gary Gianni with forty drawings reproduced by line block and and a full colour, giclée frontispiece tipped in.

Numbered and signed by author and artist.

Typeset in hot metal Monotype Baskerville and Gill Sans by Effra Press and Typefoundry and letterpress printed in three workings on Zerkall mould-made paper by Hand & Eye Editions.

Gilded top edge and deckle-edge foot.

Full bound with a ribbed spine in off-white goatskin by Richard Tong at Ludlow Bookbinders to a design by Richard Tong and Gary Gianni.

Foil blocked on front and spine.

Presented in a black book cloth slipcase with a foil blocked leather panel on its front.

Currently available for pre-order only.

Ł395 plus carriage, pre-orders from 5 pm BST on Saturday 4 September
    The Fine Edition (500 + 70 publisher's copies): https://www.arete-editions.com/fine-edition

175 x 265 mm / 6.9 x 10.4 in, 84 pages.

Limited edition of 500 copies plus 70 publisher’s copies.

Illustrated by Gary Gianni with forty drawings reproduced by line block.

Numbered and signed by the artist.

Typeset in hot metal Monotype Baskerville and Gill Sans by Effra Press and Typefoundry and letterpress printed in three workings on Mohawk Superfine paper by Hand & Eye Editions.

Full bound in book cloth by Green Street Bindery with a three-colour design by Gary Gianni foil blocked on the front board.

Currently available for pre-order only

Ł95.00 plus carriage, pre-orders from 5 pm BST on Saturday 4 September
    There is also a standalone edition of Arthur Conan Doyle's The Creeping Man, "the story that inspired The Case of Death and Honey" (as noted above): https://www.arete-editions.com/creeping-man

175 x 265 mm / 6.9 x 10.4 in, 48 pages.

Limited edition of 500 copies plus 70 publisher’s copies.

Illustrated by Gary Gianni with four drawings reproduced by line block.

Numbered and signed by the artist.

Typeset in hot metal Monotype Baskerville by Effra Press and Typefoundry and letterpress printed in three workings on Mohawk Superfine paper by Hand & Eye Editions.

Full bound in book cloth by Green Street Bindery with a three-colour design by Gary Gianni foil blocked on the front board.

Currently available for pre-order only

Ł90 plus carriage, pre-orders from 5 pm BST on Saturday 5 September

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I am going to settle for the Fine edition. I definitely want to own one of these beautiful editions, but I can’t go for the numbered at this time. With shipping that is probably going to be over $600.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm already in for a numbered from an early presage, but hope to pick up both the fine editions (and slipcase) at the weekend.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Note they also said that an individual slipcase for fine edition would be available, and a double slipcase if you get the creeping man tio

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

The artist edition package is really nice looking. Much as I'd love a piece of original Gianni art though, it's not going to fit in the budget.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    The artist edition package is really nice looking. Much as I'd love a piece of original Gianni art though, it's not going to fit in the budget.
    I'm of the opposite-ish persuasion: I'm not interested in an original Gianni and I wish the artist edition was cheaper and came without one!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alas I'll probably miss out completely. It's a holiday weekend and my son will be visiting. We'll be at an outdoor festival with notoriously bad internet, out of touch from before preordering opens till several hours after. Can't win 'em all.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There seems to be a leather Lyra Stardust for sale on ebay
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

From Twitter, a few weeks ago :

Just to remind everyone in the USA that from the 28th of April to the 26th of May 2022, I'll be on tour, reading and talking, telling stories and answering questions. Probably not singing. I'll be in (deep breath) Schenectady NY, Boston MA, Seattle WA, Eugene OR,
    San Francisco CA, San Diego CA, Austin TX, Denver CO, Hartford CT, Philadelphia PA, Chicago IL, Madison WI, Indianapolis IN, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Dallas TX, Houston TX, Los Angeles CA, and Pittsburgh PA. Signed books will be for sale. https://neilgaiman.com/where/
    https://twitter.com/neilhimself/stat...37861320151040

Country
    Country Flag

Several of us here will be seeing him in SF in May
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Lyra's Books will be producing...

Coraline: The Red Thread Edition

https://www.lyrasbooks.com/lyras-pre...-announcement/

This will be presented in three states – 500 x Standard, 200 x Numbered and 26 x Lettered. Today is only the title reveal, so prices and more detailed info will be shared in the coming weeks. We are hoping to do the pre-order for this title around mid to late July 2022.

...we will be making a minor alteration to the text, with Neil’s permission. We have the concept of a red thread running throughout this book, connecting the beginning to the end which means the book will be letterpress printed in two colours throughout. The thread is described in the book as black but a black thread running through black silhouettes wouldn’t work. We asked Neil if we might be allowed to change the wording to fit our design and he agreed wholeheartedly and said we could do so… and also that we should call this edition ‘The Red Thread Edition’.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Red Thread is coming!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 LastLast