Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Hey guys. Had a couple queries.

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?
    As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.
    That Folio Edition is really great right! The Anansi looks really cool. Have not purchased that (or read it). Good?

seeking: anything DT #246
    ANANSI BOYS is a great read! Not as epic, or as wonderful as AG, but- most books aren't. Yes, the Folio edition of ANANSI is probably even better than their killer AG- it's stunning.

Traveler Cabobard will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Angelic

Do all posts have to be approved, or I am stuck in newb land?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Hey guys. Had a couple queries.

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?
    As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.
    That Folio Edition is really great right! The Anansi looks really cool. Have not purchased that (or read it). Good?

ANANSI BOYS is a great read! Not as epic, or as wonderful as AG, but- most books aren't. Yes, the Folio edition of ANANSI is probably even better than their killer AG- it's stunning.
    Look forward to the read and the Folio purchase. They look they compliment each other well.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES - great design, great textures on the book, nice art, and I LOVE the spiderweb design on the page edges!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://forbiddenplanet.com/311553-t...eid=8cd6a715ef

I am guessing it'll be available to order soon - if you want another signed copy - I think these are the independent book store books - where he signed 1500 sheets???
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I am guessing it'll be available to order soon - if you want another signed copy - I think these are the independent book store books - where he signed 1500 sheets???
    I believe it is sold out there. An email came from Forbidden Planet yesterday morning announcing its availability for preorder, and I clicked on the link then. Because it is a paperback, I didn't order it. Since then it has become unavailable. But it is supposed to be sold by other independent booksellers too.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The illustration is gorgeous !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post

I believe it is sold out there. An email came from Forbidden Planet yesterday morning announcing its availability for preorder, and I clicked on the link then. Because it is a paperback, I didn't order it. Since then it has become unavailable. But it is supposed to be sold by other independent booksellers too.
    not quite sure - I got the email and not too long after clicked the link and it said unavailable...I doubt it sold out that quickly. I have seen this with other books on their site - most recently a limited McKean book and signed paperback Gideon the ninth. I pre-ordered both (and canceled them) but the McKean book became "unavailable" on their site and they emailed me saying they did not get any Gideon signed books...then a few weeks later these both showed up as available to order on the website. So I have seen this very recently - these were since July. I think with delays they might not be sure what they get - until it actually gets there. They had the same issue with Pulp from Brubaker - other sites had it listed (and sold) before they actually received their copies and updated the website).

If I were interested in this gaiman book - then I would take the time to email them - but I am not interested in it all - so this is just purely speculation
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Harper Wilde & Co, in their newsletter, has mentionned helping someone selling their collection. Without any consignement fees, so it doesnt appear on the website. And there is one of the Lyras edition of "Stardust".
    Priced at 2,400 dollars

(+ They also have a bunch of Suntup)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Harper Wilde & Co, in their newsletter, has mentionned helping someone selling their collection. Without any consignement fees, so it doesnt appear on the website. And there is one of the Lyras edition of "Stardust".
    Priced at 2,400 dollars

(+ They also have a bunch of Suntup)
    I really thought that the 1/100 leather would have sold by now... I bet it does when they get in hand. I have heard of a couple at the $2K mark.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

For Neil Gaiman fans with deeeeeeeep pockets, there are a few "Celestial" Good Omens lettered left
    Only 24 greek lettered copies

Neil Shared some pictures last week on Twitter : https://twitter.com/neilhimself/stat...00330013913090

https://discworld.com/products/books...ens-celestial/
    Applications to request a copy => http://goodomensillustrated.com/cele...n-application/

I believe that the price is 6666£ (so about $ 9k)

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.goodomensillustrated.com/unboxingcelestial/

check out the video here for the unboxing - wow - the twitter pictures are nice but do not do any just as to the actual unboxing video - to clearly see the book. Pretty impressive
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

My leather edition of Stardust arrived from Lyras Books today. It is magnificent.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

check out the video here for the unboxing - wow - the twitter pictures are nice but do not do any just as to the actual unboxing video - to clearly see the book. Pretty impressive
    I think that is cheesy... I really do. For $10k USD?? Wow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I think that is cheesy... I really do. For $10k USD?? Wow
    The presentation is 1000x better than the room 217 edition of the shining and those were sold for 12.
    They were classy at least. I find this it be cheesy and over the top.. just to be over the top. You like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The thing is, last I checked, the other day, there were only 3 or 4 left (out of 24)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Available at Easton

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Well, here is the first leather copy of Stardust I've seen for sale.
    Usual seller... for a small 5k

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

This is kinda cool- if pricey. Also, it looks like while limited, and numbered- it's not signed by Gaiman. But, if you're a vinyl-lover, and fan of these stories (check and check for me), this might not last long:

https://www.harpercollins.com/produc...+-+Neil+Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I saw this, and am a bit of a vinyl collector - collection is pretty much limited to movie and game soundtracks right now. Audiobooks are usually streaming through headphones from my phone - will give this some thought though.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'm the same with the audiobooks- pretty much in the airpods through my phone. But- within the last year, I've become smitten with the vinyl-only - no mp3's here- horror spoken word releases by Cadabra Records. Man, these are my new drug! Jonathan Dennison over there has cultivated a particular vibe with art and content that is unique and gorgeous. As I grow more and more disenchanted with the absolutely ridiculous prices- both issue price and after market- of books I already have nine different ways, sitting down with a carefully cultivated and produced (and, relatively reasonably priced!) record is wonderfully relaxing and rewarding.

On this particular set- despite the too high price tag ($40 a record?!) I sprang for it. Many reasons I broke my usual financial rules on this, but among them are: I really love these two "Shadow" stories. Like- a lot. I've read them over and over and never get tired of them. I've listened to the Gaiman-read audiobooks several times, and there's this: The American Gods Cast Recording is phenomenally good, and these are the same crew, doing the same thing so- should be an outstanding recording of these great stories, presented in a probably one-time package. Still wish it was signed by Neil for that high price, though.

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is kinda cool- if pricey. Also, it looks like while limited, and numbered- it's not signed by Gaiman. But, if you're a vinyl-lover, and fan of these stories (check and check for me), this might not last long:

https://www.harpercollins.com/produc...+-+Neil+Gaiman
    A signed (bookplate) edition of this set is available to preorder as part of a virtual event with Gaiman:

https://t.co/FCam9EATJX?amp=1

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A new anthology which will be signed by Neil - https://subterraneanpress.com/slider...f-dark-terrors

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    A new anthology which will be signed by Neil - https://subterraneanpress.com/slider...f-dark-terrors
    Then this cover is used again ?
    Don't bother me, it's one of the greatest i´ve ever seen.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there any follow up books to "American Gods"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast