Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    There's some funny pics on Neil's Twitter feed of him signing 3500 blank pages for Norse Mythology. No "pre-signed publisher" page or any specific text. Just looks like an image and his signature. He signed 1000 with one bottle of ink and is moving on to the next bottle.
    Saw that. Is there any indication which edition this is for? US or UK? Looking at the deckled edge of the paper I'm thinking US...

*edited to add: actually- in one photo the signed pages look deckled, and in the other- not...
    I couldn't tell either. I know Waterstones has a preorder for a signed edition, so maybe they are for the U.K. Version?

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Can anyone who has copies of the new Headline illustrated editions of the American Gods "quartet" confirm that they denote first printings with a single "1" centered under the "This Edition Published By.." section of the indicia, rather than the "2" that appears on my copy just received from The Book Depository? Surprised that these are already in second printings.

Ron

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone who has copies of the new Headline illustrated editions of the American Gods "quartet" confirm that they denote first printings with a single "1" centered under the "This Edition Published By.." section of the indicia, rather than the "2" that appears on my copy just received from The Book Depository? Surprised that these are already in second printings.

Ron
    I just got my 3 books today from Foyles (all except AG - that is coming separately) - and all 3 of those books have a single "1" centered under the headline publishing group line as you mentioned. So looks like they are into a second printing.

I think that it only cost me about $80 including shipping for those three from Foyles.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks. Just received the balance of my Book Depository order- all 2'nd prints except for ANANSI BOYS, which is a 1st. Bummed about this because now that I see the books in the flesh- they're very handsome. Now I'll have to pony up for return shipping to the UK (Ouch), and try beating the pavement for first printings of the other 3. Not looking forward to that. Ahh.. the "joys" of book collecting!

Ron

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Ron
    I just got my 3 books today from Foyles (all except AG - that is coming separately) - and all 3 of those books have a single "1" centered under the headline publishing group line as you mentioned. So looks like they are into a second printing.

I think that it only cost me about $80 including shipping for those three from Foyles.
    I received my signed copies from Foyles last week and they are all 1sts with a "1". I didn't order unsigned American Gods but I was going to thru Book Depository... glad I didn't. I will have to find it somewhere else.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Just received the balance of my Book Depository order- all 2'nd prints except for ANANSI BOYS, which is a 1st. Bummed about this because now that I see the books in the flesh- they're very handsome. Now I'll have to pony up for return shipping to the UK (Ouch), and try beating the pavement for first printings of the other 3. Not looking forward to that. Ahh.. the "joys" of book collecting!

Ron
    Contact them. Tell them you aren't happy with them and they should have you return them to a US facility. I sent one back by media mail. I took them a while but they eventually processed the return.

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice - I hadn't ordered mine yet - but I'll get it from Goldsboro instead of waterstone.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

No mention of a number so I assume these will be the same as waterstones copies

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Probably but they will have DJ covers and shipped well

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Probably but they will have DJ covers and shipped well
    Exactly

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ron
    Contact them. Tell them you aren't happy with them and they should have you return them to a US facility. I sent one back by media mail. I took them a while but they eventually processed the return.
    Thanks- good advice! Done. There's a nice person at Foyles holding first printings of the other 3 for me (alas, all sold out of the signed copies), so, thanks all for the advice on that. I'll get it sorted, eventually.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Limited Norse Mythology? Or is everyone just going for the signed UK 1sts?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Limited Norse Mythology? Or is everyone just going for the signed UK 1sts?
    I'm holding out for now, hoping that maybe Sub Press will do one. I've been skipping the pre-signed books lately. Just don't have the room on my shelves for them.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Got my ARC of Norse Mythology yesterday. It's a lot smaller than I thought. For some reason I was expecting a brick of a book.

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a 1st UK American Gods illustrated edition if anyone has extra.

My Mood
    Relaxed

I believe Foyles still has them, becca. At least that what's someone there says. Although, I've been waiting to hear back from them with a paypal invoice for firsts of that and the 2 novellas...

Country
    Country Flag

I believe Foyles still has them, becca. At least that what's someone there says. Although, I've been waiting to hear back from them with a paypal invoice for firsts of that and the 2 novellas...
    Thanks. I'll try there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I'm holding out for now, hoping that maybe Sub Press will do one. I've been skipping the pre-signed books lately. Just don't have the room on my shelves for them.
    I ordered the Goldsboro one, I've just been getting one of the signed copies and then waiting like everyone else to see if a limited gets released. I have t bothered trying to get every edition of every book - - as you say there's not enough shelf space

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Nicolaus present from me...
    This HC was missing in my NG collection....

Neil Gaiman - American Gods
    German HC - signed and remarqued

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Nice!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

This years humble bundle - has some repeats from last year - plus some new - rare stuff:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/n...an-book-bundle

Neil Gaiman says:

A little over a year ago I released my rarest, earliest, and hardest to find work – books and comics – through Humble Bundle to fund charities that do good work. People were all so generous and enthusiastic that we broke records. More importantly, they made it possible for the CBLDF and for the charities supported by the Gaiman Foundation, including the CBLDF, to help make things better for people.

People asked if the books and comics in the Humble Bundle would be put up for sale afterwards. I said no. They were part of the Bundle.

The world is a more dangerous place than it was 14 months ago. Refugees need help and support. Freedom of speech is under threat.

I’ve brought back the original Humble Bundle of Gaiman rarities, and I have added some brand new bits, including audio stories. It supports the UN Refugee Agency, the CBLDF, and the Gaiman Foundation (which then, in its turn, supports other good causes). Get the books and stories and such for yourself if you missed out the first time. Give them as gifts to friends. It will make a difference.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's whats included: cannot beat it for the price. Plus I can leave my Duran Duran alone now

he Humble Book Bundle: Neil Gaiman will run from December 7 – 21, 11:00 a.m. Pacific time.

What’s included in the bundle:

Customers can pay $1 or more for Adventures in the Dream Trade (essays, poems, lyrics, and original AMERICAN GODS blog),Gods & Tulips (controversial 1993 speech, an essay on running signings, and a speech on comics), Free Speeches (speeches by Neil, Frank Miller, and others),Being An Account of the Life and Death of the Emperor Heliogabolous (24 hour comic, written and drawn by Neil Gaiman), Ghastly Beyond Belief (Neil’s rare & never republished second book of oddball quotes), A Fall of Stardust with Charles Vess (new Stardust short story & poems, illustrated by Charles Vess), Sculpture Stories with Lisa Snellings(short fiction based on Snellings’ sculpture art),and Blood Monster with Marlene N. O’Connor (rare horror story from the legendary anthology Taboo).

Those who pay $8 or more will also receive Day of the Dead (fully annotated Babylon 5 script), An Honest Answer & Other Stories (collaboration with Bryan Talbot and Dave McKean), Feeders & Eaters with Mark Buckingham (collaborations with Mark Buckingham, including a comic about Alan Moore), Angels & Visitations (first collection of prose fiction, nonfiction, and poetry), Sweeney Todd & Other Stories with Michael Zulli (Neil’s lost, unfinished, never republished graphic novel with Michael Zulli), Neil Dreams with Rick Veitch(short comics of dreams by and about Neil, done by and with Rick Veitch), Message In A Milk Bottle (never before reprinted short story with brand new intro), Love, Fishie (poems by Neil & Maddy Gaiman, limited edition of 100), Neverwear: A Portfolio of Stories (collects Gaiman’s sought out and in many cases sold out story & art editions, featuring art by Jim Lee, David Mack, Roman Dirge, Molly Crabapple, Chris Riddell, Olivia, Jouni Koponen, Camilla D’Errico, and more), and the two controversial UK comics anthologies Outrageous Tales From The Old Testament, and Seven Deadly Sins, which also feature contributions from Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, Dave McKean, Bryan Talbot and more. Also included in this tier is Neil Gaiman: Live at the Aladdin,which captures an unforgettable performance from Neil Gaiman’s 2001 Last Angel tour, and includes dramatic readings from his short fiction and poetry, including stories from his collections Angels & Visitations and Smoke and Mirrors.

Customers who pay $15 or more will receive all of the above plus Duran Duran (Neil’s first and rarest book!), A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff (out of print and collectible book of short fiction, essays, and poems), A Calendar of Tales (a brand-new 55 page ebook with art by Paul Roman Martinez), Warning: Contains Language(Gaiman’s first audio performance disc from 1995, featuring dramatic readings of stories and poems accompanied by music from Dave McKean and the Flash Girls), and Neil Gaiman: Speaking in Tongues(dramatic readings from 2004 including the 41 minute tour-de-force “The Facts In The Case of the Departure of Miss Finch”).

Country
    Country Flag

If you bought this last year - looks like there are only 5 new items - 3 audio cd's and two new ebooks. Neverewhere - a portfolio of stories and Calendar of Tales

So I might have to donate at $15 - since the calendar of tales is in the last bracket.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains signed limited? I have the original shipping box also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast