Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, signed copies of the standard edition were available at a UK event with Neil and Elise.
    Also Waterstones and Forbidden Planet both sold signed copies of the standard edition, as well as the deluxe.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It seems forbidden planet still have the limited edition with print available

https://forbiddenplanet.com/284490-t...ion-hardcover/

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    It seems forbidden planet still have the limited edition with print available

https://forbiddenplanet.com/284490-t...ion-hardcover/
    Much Thanks!

Traveler Lyra's Books is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on the LE of 'Stardust'. Here's a blog post with some more info, some photos of prototypes and also some idea on pricing. Thanks!

https://www.lyrasbooks.com/post/stardust-wip-and-prices

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

here's the pricing and info on those stardust books by Lyra - they look very nice indeed
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They do look nice but that’s a lot of cash to shell out for the edition signed by Neil. I know the quality looks to be worth the price, but I’m on the fence.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    They do look nice but that’s a lot of cash to shell out for the edition signed by Neil. I know the quality looks to be worth the price, but I’m on the fence.
    I liked what he put together for Coraline - that one wasn't signed by Neil and I think it went for more? Or at least the copy that sold on Ebay went for more...we do have a little time to think about it and at least it isn't Ocean....
    Most likely I'll get that limited copy and I might possibly get the standard version
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That leather edition is very nice-looking. At around $600 (by the time it ships to the states)- it's too steep for me. 100 copies are going to disappear, immediately, however, and I'm sure I won't have the luxury of worrying about it before its gone. Regardless, I am extremely happy to see Lyra's Books producing more copies of these beautiful designs. I can only hope that with future publications- of which I hope there are many- productivity increases to the point where they can offer more copies, and also get them a tad more affordable.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it bad that, I am a King fan that dont really collect limited editions of his work, but I am VERY tempted by this leather edition, because it looks magnifiscent?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Is it bad that, I am a King fan that dont really collect limited editions of his work, but I am VERY tempted by this leather edition, because it looks magnifiscent?
    No!

Let the infatuation take you away.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    No!

Let the infatuation take you away.
    My thoughts exactly!
    I hope to be in on a leather edition

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think i'll go for it. Feck it. It's a nice looking book and I can afford it. I never spent that much on a book before, but... why I am spending time on a board about collecting books if I don't sometimes go for it?
    If my wife complains, I'll blame you all for this

(But I know that she'll love the aesthetics of it)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Lyra's Books is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

here's the pricing and info on those stardust books by Lyra - they look very nice indeed
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I have decided to open a reserve list for the Lettered and Leather editions of 'Stardust'. I have had a lot of enquiries about this today so decided the fairest course of action was to offer it to everyone. Half the Lettered and a big chunk of the Leather editions are already spoken for. If interested send me an email - contact@lyrasbooks.com
    I'll need your name and which edition you'd like to reserve. After that, I'll contact everyone on the list a couple of days before the official pre-order opens (hopefully some time in june) just to confirm the order and take a payment. At that point we will have the exact price including postage/shipping.

Cheers!

Rich @ Lyra's Books

Country
    Country Flag

I think i'll go for it. Feck it. It's a nice looking book and I can afford it. I never spent that much on a book before, but... why I am spending time on a board about collecting books if I don't sometimes go for it?

It is one of my favorite Gaiman Stories btw - if you have not read it yet - it is an enjoyable read (they did a really nice job with the movie as well). I would have to check how many different versions I have - but the larger state - illustrated by Vess is one of the best versions - I have both the green and red spine versions. I do not collect ARCs - but this is the one book that I actually have an ARC (actually two) - those really tough to find ones in the blue slipcase...

And I agree - all of the editions look really nice - it'll be a treat
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the Vess illustrated Stardust - here is one of the least expensive on Ebay - if you want one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-COMICS-V...YAAOSwiFBehsMi

I think I might have an extra copy of the Fall of Stardust portfolio too - in case anyone is interested...I know at one point I had two of them (but I need to check):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Fall-Of-S...IAAOSwD1FdqN5O
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Lastly - if Rich is reading this - not sure of what extras you might be able to (or are planning on including) in regards to the text - but that Fall of Stardust portfolio had that extra short story (I would have to check if any later text versions included that) - but that would beset to add (but probably too late) - so not sure if you could let us know if there are any "extra chapters"
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These books look absolutely magnificent, the lot of them. And right up there with Suntup Editions in terms of materials and production values (if the final products mirror the prototypes). If an established small press in the US was producing these, I would expect a near immediate sellout of the leather and lettered versions and the standard edition to be gone in a matter of days, if not hours. I know that Gaiman limiteds are a little divisive - he's right up there with Joe Hill on the list of authors who have more different limited editions than actual output of books - but these books are so. damn. pretty.

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all.

Rich from Lyras Books has had some difficulty getting on DT today, so he asked if I could post this to you all on his behalf:

I have had a tremendous response to the recent blog post about 'Stardust'. Thanks very much everyone across all social media, the website and beyond!

I would like to offer this to anyone who wishes to reserve the LETTERED edition only:

If you are interested in reserving in advance the lettered edition please contact me at: contact@lyrasbooks.com
    I will need a name and email address.

When official pre-order date comes around, I will contact everyone on the reserve list a couple of days beforehand to confirm the order and then take payment.

Hope that helps!

(Edit - I would just like to clarify that there will also be a postage/shipping charge which has yet to be determined. I will try and keep this as low as is possible while ensuring quality packaging and quick delivery)"

Country
    Country Flag

Lastly - if Rich is reading this - not sure of what extras you might be able to (or are planning on including) in regards to the text - but that Fall of Stardust portfolio had that extra short story (I would have to check if any later text versions included that) - but that would beset to add (but probably too late) - so not sure if you could let us know if there are any "extra chapters"
    'Extras are being looked into' is the current situation (there are already some new illustrations from Charles included)

Country
    Country Flag

After saying that, I couldnt get out of my head something even pricier... so I don't think that i'll be able to get both :-(

Anyway.
    Preorders likely to start next week => https://www.lyrasbooks.com/post/stardust-editions

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ran across this while reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods and thought it was brilliant. Sam trying to comfort Shadow that his wild story was safe with her. Thought I'd share.

Reminded me of the great quote from Ron Shelton's Bull Durham.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that Gaiman quote.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Relaxed

Anyone else listening to the new Audible Sandman Drama? It's quite good! Only part way in, but they've done the pretty impossible great job bringing this to the ears, rather than the eyes. Surprisingly VERY faithful to the "text", as it were.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Anyone else listening to the new Audible Sandman Drama? It's quite good! Only part way in, but they've done the pretty impossible great job bringing this to the ears, rather than the eyes. Surprisingly VERY faithful to the "text", as it were.
    forgot abut that - I might need to check it out...do we have to purchase each "volume" through audible? or is there some site that hosting it?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    forgot abut that - I might need to check it out...do we have to purchase each "volume" through audible? or is there some site that hosting it?
    Yeah, you'll need to lay down the card through Audible (I'm sure there are other "ways" online somewhere, if one were inclined).

The thing I hadn't realized- as you seem to already know- is that this is just the first "installment", of, 3, at least, I believe. I looked at it and went "11 hours- holy hell that's long, but- Sandman? How do you tell Sandman in 11 hours?". Guess you don't!
    Thankfully. I was over an hour in when I realized we were still "in" the first issue! It was SO faithful to the comic. With Gaiman himself narrating, and, jeez- what a top notch cast!- it's a delight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast