Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Don't know if anyone needs a copy, but you can get the S/L of Stardust for $44.99, which is down from the retail price of $150. Shipping to the US included:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Stardu.../9780062220837
    Thankee sai!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I may end up with an extra signed copy after the June 22nd signing here. Since I had already preordered from B&N before I knew he was coming to Atlanta.
    Lemme know if you'd like to part with it. I guess I have gotten the collectors fever since joining this site. I want a signed by Neil in person from an event copy AND a tipped in B&N Copy. lol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I may end up with an extra signed copy after the June 22nd signing here. Since I had already preordered from B&N before I knew he was coming to Atlanta.
    Lemme know if you'd like to part with it. I guess I have gotten the collectors fever since joining this site. I want a signed by Neil in person from an event copy AND a tipped in B&N Copy. lol
    Will do.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Don't know if anyone needs a copy, but you can get the S/L of Stardust for $44.99, which is down from the retail price of $150. Shipping to the US included:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Stardu.../9780062220837
    Thankee sai!
    Ditto!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

here is an interview about the book - and the person doing the interview is Joe Hill - I am waiting to read the book first before reading the interview. Looks like Joe got an advanced copy. So I am bookmarking it for now.

http://www.omnivoracious.com/2013/06...-the-lane.html

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know about this edition - some guy has one on eBay for GBP 465.00 -- the list price is 250 GBP, but I can't afford another $400 book purchase right now *sigh* There are too many "signed limited" editions now -- the US slipcased one, the Goldsboro edition, and now this one.

Here are some exclusive photos of what's inside the Super Deluxe Edition of OCEAN...

The full list of features are:

- Special limited edition of 260
    - Individually signed and numbered
    - Cloth slipcase with silver foil blocked bucket motif on front and back
    - Quarterbound hardcover
    - Leather spine with silver foil blocking on spine and front
    - Light blue sprayed edges
    - Head and tail bands
    - Ribbon
    - 2 colour throughout
    - 4 colour endpapers
    - 4 colour frontispiece
    - Unabridged audio edition on 5 CDs, read by Neil Gaiman
    - 15 transparent, illustrated pages throughout
    - ‘Creating the world of Ocean At The End of the Lane’, author Q and A
    - 25 pages from author’s notebooks

Available direct from Headline for £250

Call us on 01235 827702 or email mailorder@bookpoint.co.uk with your contact details, and we will call you back

That's the UK super deluxe, shiny, makes you coffee, limited edition. Basically the UK publisher's equivalent to Harper's SUPER duper, shiny, makes you waffles limited edition.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We need a new waffle maker....I sent an email just to see what was available

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like waffles better than coffee

But seriously, other than the transparent illustrated pages which sounds interesting, I can't justify $400 for this edition. I'm sure 260 people will disagree with me and buy one at issue price. I'll be bargain hunting for one later on.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the 2-3 copies of this book will be plenty, plus you can get the audio version much cheaper as an aside - if you like. Only about 2 more weeks until his tour hits the west coast.

Country
    Country Flag

So much for Goldsboro's advertising - "Goldsboro Books will have the UK EXCLUSIVE slipcase edition."

Not so exclusive anymore...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There are pictures on Gaimans or the books Facebook page. Very cool looking book

https://www.facebook.com/TheOceanAtT.../photos_stream

Country
    Country Flag

So I actually called the publisher this morning - and you cannot purchase over the phone for the US - only available if you live in UK. However, they will email me any more details - so if anything interesting I will post it here

Country
    Country Flag

I love collecting Gaiman books, but $400 is a bit much for this edition, especially when you can find the Hill House books for less, and they are a much higher quality. If I could eventually get it for a good price, I will, but not right now.

Country
    Country Flag

I love collecting Gaiman books, but $400 is a bit much for this edition, especially when you can find the Hill House books for less, and they are a much higher quality. If I could eventually get it for a good price, I will, but not right now.
    It would be a lot easier if you were closer to Nor Cal - to beat me over the head when I make attempts to purchase these books and say - slow down a bit there...especially when it comes to a book I have not read yet (and not sure where I would place it amongst my favorite gaiman titles) - so thanks for some sound reasoning.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    It would be a lot easier if you were closer to Nor Cal - to beat me over the head when I make attempts to purchase these books and say - slow down a bit there...especially when it comes to a book I have not read yet (and not sure where I would place it amongst my favorite gaiman titles) - so thanks for some sound reasoning.
    When I first started collecting, I used to buy everything. Now, I get a little more picky. For example, I skipped buying The Dark Man for $450 because I did not think it was worth it for what I would be getting. I also didn't buy Blockade Billy for the same reason. Normally, Gaiman books are a lot less, so getting them all is usually no problem. But even for Neil, I gotta step back on this one. Like I tell my kids, just because I can afford to buy something doesn't mean I should.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If it were the only S/L edition, I'd buy it. Since I already have the Morrow S/L on order, I can't convince myself to fork over the $400 for this nicer edition. I can download the audio from Audible.com for about ten bucks, so even the CD's don't add value for me.

EDIT: I just checked my email records. It appears that I failed to order the Goldsboro UK S/L (the one that cost 30 pounds). If anyone is getting an extra that you want to unload, please let me know. Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Wow- this UK Ltd, does look stunning! Won't be getting this either- just too much. Got the US Ltd on order and was pretty excited about it. But this kinda puts a damper on the US edition now. To be honest, I haven't been thrilled with what we've seen of the design of the US so far. No such reservations about the UK edition. It looks like a rival in quality to the HH Anansi Boys (Finest book in my collection). If it were $250...

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody looking for a straightforward (ie: non limited edition ) signed UK first edition, Goldsboro have them for sale now - very reasonably priced £16.99.

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/...tion-3721.html

No, but I like your avatar. Great game, I'm about 2-3 hours into it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cool Gaiman news: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...n-in-a-flower/

I won't ruin it for you, just read the article. Hint: great news for fans of Neverwhere.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Cool Gaiman news: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...n-in-a-flower/

I won't ruin it for you, just read the article. Hint: great news for fans of Neverwhere.
    Doubt this will ruin it either - here is the author/story list for the upcoming anthology - bantam books

ROGUES ANTHOLOGY DELIVERED TO BANTAM
    MAY 13, 2013
    Gardner Dozois and George RR Martin have delivered the completed manuscript for the latest big cross-genre anthologies, ROGUES, to their editor at Bantam Spectra.

The lineup of contributors, and their terrific stories are listed below.

The table of contents:

George R.R. Martin “Everybody Loves a Rogue” (Introduction)

Joe Abercrombie “Tough Times All Over”

Gillian Flynn “What Do You Do?”

Matthew Hughes “The Inn of the Seven Blessings”

Joe R. Lansdale “Bent Twig”

Michael Swanwick “Tawny Petticoats”

David Ball “Provenance”

Carrie Vaughn “The Roaring Twenties”

Scott Lynch “A Year and a Day in Old Theradane”

Bradley Denton “Bad Brass”

Cherie Priest “Heavy Metal”

Daniel Abraham “The Meaning of Love”

Paul Cornell “A Better Way to Die”

Steven Saylor “Ill Seen in Tyre”

Garth Nix “A Cargo of Ivories”

Walter Jon Williams “Diamonds From Tequila”

Phyllis Eisenstein “The Caravan to Nowhere”

Lisa Tuttle “The Curious Affair of the Dead Wives”

Neil Gaiman “How the Marquis Got His Coat Back”

Connie Willis “Now Showing”

Patrick Rothfuss “The Lightning Tree”

There’s something for everyone in ROGUES — SF, mystery, historical fiction, epic fantasy, sword and sorcery, comedy, tragedy, crime stories, mainstream, as well as rogues, cads, scalawags, con men, thieves, and scoundrels of all descriptions.

So keep an eye out for the newest Anthology coming soon from Bantam Books, ROGUES.

Posted in Book News, News.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks, guys.

Wish there were an S/L edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Anybody looking for a straightforward (ie: non limited edition ) signed UK first edition, Goldsboro have them for sale now - very reasonably priced £16.99.

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/...tion-3721.html

Thank you very much... Ordered one and my first signed Gaiman!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast