Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Anyone have any idea when Smoke and Mirrors from Sub Press is due? Their website says March 2010. I hate to pre-order it if the book isn't going to come out for years...
    Eric, I asked Bill about this in mid-January.

Q:How is Smoke & Mirrors coming along?
    Site still lists a pub date of March 2010.

A:We're waiting for Dave McKean, and expect him to resume work on the book in April/May.

Karl
    I was just going through some old posts and figured it was time to update this one again - you know more than two years later. Holy crap - I guess I'm new to this and had not realized how LONG some of these books (and our money) hang in limbo:

Dave McKean has just turned in another pair of illustrations for our Signed, Limited Edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors. He's due back in his studio shortly, and tells us that he plans to work on this exclusively until the project is finished.

Thanks to everyone for the patience. This project has taken far longer than any of us anticipated, but if you'll check out the dozen images we've posted to the book's page, we think you'll agree it will end up being worth the wait.

That was from 12 June 2013. You'd think they'd give buyers some money back if they preordered years in advance and waited patiently....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like having to pay in advance. I'd rather have my card charged upon shipment, but I guess this is how small presses have to work.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Ok so it's Gaiman signing day in the ATL.
    I narrowed the extra book I'm getting signed to a copy of Ghastly Beyond Belief.
    And I'm also taking copies of my Good Omens ARC, my UK 1st of Don't Panic (with page 42 blank.) and my Stardust ARC. In case others around me only have 1 book.
    I'm tempted to take my Duran Duran book. But it's not in great shape.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Ok so it's Gaiman signing day in the ATL.
    I narrowed the extra book I'm getting signed to a copy of Ghastly Beyond Belief.
    And I'm also taking copies of my Good Omens ARC, my UK 1st of Don't Panic (with page 42 blank.) and my Stardust ARC. In case others around me only have 1 book.
    I'm tempted to take my Duran Duran book. But it's not in great shape.
    Let us know how that goes - I am planning on bringing 2-3 extra books as well

It went good. Got Ghastly signed. And Neil seemed genuinely surprised to see a copy of it.
    And behind a girl was able to get my Good Omens ARC signed.

Country
    Country Flag

I will have to bring my copy of ghastly along as well - was he only flat signing anything else besides Ocean?

You could get one item personalized.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Has anyone heard/read/have a copy of who killed Amanda Palmer? That's Neil's wife - but written before they got married - actually early on when they first met. It has stories (mostly short - about his take on her pictures) all written by Neil - it was in short limitation (10k printed in 2009).
    Abes Books has two listed. One signed by Amanda Palmer at $225 and one signed by her, Neil Gaiman, and Beth Hommel at $500.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...+Amanda+Palmer

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It went good. Got Ghastly signed. And Neil seemed genuinely surprised to see a copy of it.
    That's cool. He's probably so used to signing the same books, like Neverwhere and Stardust, over and over again. Ghastly probably threw him for a loop. Probably not too many out there signed.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when Smoke and Mirrors from Sub Press is due? Their website says March 2010. I hate to pre-order it if the book isn't going to come out for years...
    Eric, I asked Bill about this in mid-January.

Q:How is Smoke & Mirrors coming along?
    Site still lists a pub date of March 2010.

A:We're waiting for Dave McKean, and expect him to resume work on the book in April/May.

Karl
    I was just going through some old posts and figured it was time to update this one again - you know more than two years later. Holy crap - I guess I'm new to this and had not realized how LONG some of these books (and our money) hang in limbo:

Dave McKean has just turned in another pair of illustrations for our Signed, Limited Edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors. He's due back in his studio shortly, and tells us that he plans to work on this exclusively until the project is finished.

Thanks to everyone for the patience. This project has taken far longer than any of us anticipated, but if you'll check out the dozen images we've posted to the book's page, we think you'll agree it will end up being worth the wait.

That was from 12 June 2013. You'd think they'd give buyers some money back if they preordered years in advance and waited patiently....
    I'm still not pre-ordering this one. I'll wait until it actually comes out before I buy. I have too much money tied up in pre-orders right now.

Country
    Country Flag

TwistedNadine has my copy of Don't Panic - so I will see if it gets signed - I have pg 42 flagged to see if he will sign that page too

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just paid for another copy of American Gods. The one I bought last month ended up with Goodwill. This board has turned me into a slob. The old me would've kept the book, at least as a reading copy. This me saw the spine lean, though "F that" and the book is gone.

I'm taking American Gods and Smoke & Mirrors as the first choice for signing. I'm also taking Stardust, Fragile Things, Neverwhere and Stories. It's my wife and me so two are guaranteed. I'll keep an eye out for people with just one book and see if I can get the rest signed.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

I have no idea what to take on July 6th. Most of my Gaiman books are signed editions. There are lots that I don't own, I think I need to buy something to take with me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

There are ARC's of Fortunately The Milk on eBay. But most are signed already.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

seems there's gonna be a documentary on Neil Gaiman

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...w-documentary/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice!

I have no idea what to take on July 6th. Most of my Gaiman books are signed editions. There are lots that I don't own, I think I need to buy something to take with me.
    Get a copy of Make Good Art - it only came out a few weeks ago, so I'm sure he hasn't signed many of them.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Get a copy of Make Good Art - it only came out a few weeks ago, so I'm sure he hasn't signed many of them.
    This is one the signed books Tippy and I will be getting at the event on Thursday.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice!

Don't worry I will be bringing extra books with me just in case...

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil will be here in Lex on 7/11. Here's what I'm bringing:

And my new copy of The Ocean At the Etc., of course.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    This is one the signed books Tippy and I will be getting at the event on Thursday.
    Chad...they sent out a list of rules for the signing....TN and I will do our best to take care of you, but it's not looking like we will get them all signed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Damn rules...what are they good for. No problem -thanks in advance for any help. what if you wore disguises

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Tippy and I will be going to the hour long reception in addition to the signing so hopefully we'll get a few signed there.
    And before the reception
    And after the event.
    We're going to do the Explorer stalking thing.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

heading to the signing in a few days - lat call if anyone else out there wants me to pick up an inscribed copy. PM if interested.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw some pictures of the Goldsboro version of Ocean from a seller on eBay. It looks nice, kind of like that super deluxe edition, but not quite as fancy. Goldsboro shows that it is on its way as we speak. Hope to get it soon.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Tippy and I will be going to the hour long reception in addition to the signing so hopefully we'll get a few signed there.
    And before the reception
    And after the event.
    We're going to do the Explorer stalking thing.
    There's a reception at your event? I'm jealous.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast