Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

UPDATE: Neil Gaiman limited, signed edition of Little Gold Book gets delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) between noon and two. They start shipping Friday December 9th!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update Bev!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    UPDATE: Neil Gaiman limited, signed edition of Little Gold Book gets delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) between noon and two. They start shipping Friday December 9th!
    Hooray! Thanks for the update.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great, thanks!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In 2009, Dave McKean designed a set of stamps for the Royal Mail. Neil Gaiman wrote little stories to go with each stamp. Here are these MYTHICAL CREATURES:

Unfolded:

The back of the mint stamp holder envelope thingy...

...with Neil Gaiman's contribution:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That''s cool, Patrick. I love little things like that!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Eric. So do I. I like that it is a foreign (to me) set of stamps, and that they are in mint condition. I used to collect stamps when I was a kid, so this taps into some old memories as well.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is the first item i've bought from Borderlands and I was wondering if they send out shipping notices via email????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I can't afford this, so I thought I would point it out to you folks in case you were interested. The first and only edition of the screenplay that Neil wrote for Good Omens, number 409 out of only 500 copies. It is also signed.

On top of that, it is part of an auction series ran by Patrick Rothfuss called Worldbuilders that is a very good cause, tied to Heifer International. It helps people raise themselves up out of poverty and starvation. All over the world Heifer promotes education, sustainable agriculture, and local industry. They don’t just keep kids from starving, they make it so families can take care of themselves. They give goats, sheep, and chickens to families so their children have milk to drink, warm clothes to wear, and eggs to eat.

Here is the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180777037802...84.m1558.l2649

Here is a bit about Worldbuilders. There will be a lot of other nice auctions showing up soon on Rothfuss's blog: http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011...builders-2011/
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

That is freaking ridiculous. I just purchased that book for $320 mint in the box, and the auction is currently at $898! I know it is for charity, but seriously...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It was only at about $200 when I posted it yesterday. I guess there's a lot of interest in it. It is the only one of the 400 on ebay right now. I'd imagine it would be hard to get ahold of after the initial release. Is yours signed? I wasn't sure if all 400 were or if this one was specially.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, mine is signed. All 500 of the issued books were signed:

Author: Neil Gaiman
    Originally published in/as: Numbered hardcover in cardboard, lettered hardcover in box
    Note: Only the book's casing is different between the numbered and lettered editions
    Publisher: Hill House Press
    Cover Art: n/a
    Publication date: 2004
    Limitation Numbered: 500
    Limitation Lettered: 52
    ISBN: n/a
    UPC: n/a
    Price: Free with subscription

I'm thrilled for the seller and the charity. I'm just very surprised at how the auction is going.

Country
    Country Flag

And one more thing -- their are currently 4 copies of "A Screenplay" on ABeBooks, ranging from 466.98 to 750.00 -- the the winning bidder on the auction is WAY overpaying.

I would imagine they are paying just as much for being able to assist Patrick Rothfuss(who is an insanely popular author in his own right) be able to raise money and be a part of saying I helped Patrick Rothfuss give X dollars to Heifer International. He's done Worldbuilders before and people pay crazy amounts for stuff in the name of charity. The same thing happens at Penny Arcade's charity auction for their Child's Play charity every year.

Country
    Country Flag

So it looks like The Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff has shipped, since someone is already selling it on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-d-1st...#ht_685wt_1163

Has anyone heard anything from Borderlands Press? They don't respond to emails, and it looks like they don't send out shipping confirmations. I'd really like to know if I am getting my copy.

And as a follow up - the auction for the signed "A Screenplay" is close to $2,000 with 5 days to go.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

They have been shipping for a little while now E. I've emailed with them before and always received a response. Maybe your emails are ending up in a spam inbox or vice versa? Can't figure out why else they wouldn't respond.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So it looks like The Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff has shipped, since someone is already selling it on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-d-1st...#ht_685wt_1163

Has anyone heard anything from Borderlands Press? They don't respond to emails, and it looks like they don't send out shipping confirmations. I'd really like to know if I am getting my copy.
    Yep I finally received a reply yesterday. Here is what I was told:

"we had several delays at the bindery and received the books late last week.

The books are shipping this entire week. We are a small press and each order
    is packed and addressed one at a time and we have more than 600 orders to
    process . . . . We thank you for your patience."

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    They have been shipping for a little while now E. I've emailed with them before and always received a response. Maybe your emails are ending up in a spam inbox or vice versa? Can't figure out why else they wouldn't respond.
    This is the only ordering experience I've had with BP and it took them a month and four emails from me to get a reply. This may be an isolated incident however this is not the type of communication I like or expect from any company I have dealings with.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

It doesn't make them look good that's for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't heard a word since I paid a few months ago. Very annoying. At least CD keeps sending out updates so we know where we stand.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

After all my complaining about BP the book actually showed up today. I will post a photo of it tommorow when I get a moment. I will say I really like the poem that the book is opened with. It is called "Before You Read This" and seems to set a pretty cool tone for the book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I got my copy, too.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess mine will show up this week. Still bothersome that I have no way of knowing the status of the order.

My Mood
    Devilish

Communication is very important in the small press and BP appears to have really wet the bed with this one.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I've been offline all weekend, but mine arrived on Friday just before I left town for the weekend.

That charity auction is crazy wildly successful ($1,925 thus far). Good for the cause! I'm assuming the high bids are by people who care more about the charity itself than the auction item.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the signed limited edition of Neil Gaiman's A LITTLE GOLD BOOK OF GHASTLY STUFF, produced by Borderlands Press.

The limitation page. My copy is #425 of 500.

Table of Contents.

Overall, it's a neat little book, well worth the price paid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast