Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, what version of Lyra's Books Stardust did you buy? I just bought the blue Standard Edition. Couldn't really afford the lettered or limited at the moment. I won't miss yet another Gaiman signature. Looking forward to see what appears to be a well-crafted book

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like lyrasbooks leather edition is sold out. In less than 5 minutes, or maybe even faster, I don't know?
    But as I was expected, seems like the lettered / leathered sold out fast !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered !

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Seems like lyrasbooks leather edition is sold out. In less than 5 minutes, or maybe even faster, I don't know?
    But as I was expected, seems like the lettered / leathered sold out fast !
    Yeah, I had a leather in cart and went to check out at 2 minutes and it kicked me back to the order page saying leather were all gone. :/ It said "-1" on hand, so I hope they didn't oversell too badly...

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So, what version of Lyra's Books Stardust did you buy? I just bought the blue Standard Edition. Couldn't really afford the lettered or limited at the moment. I won't miss yet another Gaiman signature. Looking forward to see what appears to be a well-crafted book
    Leather

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The standard blue edition has sold out! Still some (60) standard mustard copies left.

sk

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know the trim size of the book?

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I’ve finally decided to part with my Special Advance Copy of Stardust. This is the unsigned edition. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...g&toolid=11111

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I’ve finally decided to part with my Special Advance Copy of Stardust. This is the unsigned edition. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...g&toolid=11111
    I know that is a tough one to part with - one of the few ARC that I actually own...okay I have two of them - one is numbered and the other is flat signed by Neil
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I put several new Gaiman related items up on eBay today. Including some really rare items like The Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff, The Coraline Carl’s Jr. kids meal toys, the original appearance of the story Snow Glass and Apples, and the Sleeper and the Spindle California Independent Bookstore day hardcover. http://www.ebay.com/sch/ejp7773/m.ht...1&_ipg=&_from=

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stardust Limited Edition Vinyl with Signed print

https://www.amazon.com/Gaimans-Stard...s=music&sr=1-1

Country
    Country Flag

Pirate Stew signed preorder - https://www.foxlanebooks.co.uk/produ...ew-out-1st-oct

Their Twitter page says they will ship to the US. Just need to email them to get a postage quote

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Pirate Stew signed preorder - https://www.foxlanebooks.co.uk/produ...ew-out-1st-oct

Their Twitter page says they will ship to the US. Just need to email them to get a postage quote
    There will be a signed limited edition because Neil showed that he was working on the signature pages the other day in a tweet. But no word yet that I've seen on when/where that will be available.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks fun - thanks for heads up
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Waterstones now has the double-signed limited edition up for preorder:
    https://www.waterstones.com/book/pir.../9781526633347

It turns out that it is bookplates and not a signature page. I looked back at Neil's tweet and he said plates, not signature pages. Here is the link to the photo of what he was signing:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEP3wnjn...d=32l1i7ldfr5q

Traveler Cabobard will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Angelic

Hey guys. Had a couple queries.

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?

(2) Was wondering if any of you gents had an extra copy of the Independent Bookstore edition of Norse Mythology and whether you'd like to reasonably part with it?

Appreciate any guidance and generosity.

My Mood
    Angelic

Anybody in here?

Country
    Country Flag

The Easton Press books are fine. I have all of their Gaiman releases. They are your typical leather bound book.

Country
    Country Flag

you gotta give us folks a bit of time to respond

As for the EP editions - I have them all - they are what they are, nothing fancy - they do look nice on the shelf - especially if you have more than one. But this is coming from a big gaiman collector. The AG on the EP site is a later edition (then again with EP you never have any idea how many were printed, runs, etc) - the original AG from EP was put out in 2012 - no idea if the current one has any differences on copyright page that show a later edition.

As for Norse mythology - is that the one with the White cover? I just started adding all of my books on a spreadsheet...well over 120 gaiman books (not including anthologies, or the upstairs books yet). Sorry I digress - as for the independent bookstore copy - the white cover, those are 8th printings and unsigned. I have a copy and could sell that to you - just PM me. I think I have 4 copies of that one - the regular US, UK goldsboro and the one my son read, plus the white cover

I think you need at least 5 posts before you can do that. As I am going through all of my books I have a bunch of extra copies - and best to thin it out to someone who is looking
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    you gotta give us folks a bit of time to respond

As for the EP editions - I have them all - they are what they are, nothing fancy - they do look nice on the shelf - especially if you have more than one. But this is coming from a big gaiman collector. The AG on the EP site is a later edition (then again with EP you never have any idea how many were printed, runs, etc) - the original AG from EP was put out in 2012 - no idea if the current one has any differences on copyright page that show a later edition.

As for Norse mythology - is that the one with the White cover? I just started adding all of my books on a spreadsheet...well over 120 gaiman books (not including anthologies, or the upstairs books yet). Sorry I digress - as for the independent bookstore copy - the white cover, those are 8th printings and unsigned. I have a copy and could sell that to you - just PM me. I think I have 4 copies of that one - the regular US, UK goldsboro and the one my son read, plus the white cover

I think you need at least 5 posts before you can do that. As I am going through all of my books I have a bunch of extra copies - and best to thin it out to someone who is looking
    Awesome, man. I guess I need a couple more posts before DM ability lol. Swear I was a member here once upon a time, but...the old brain fails to recall.

What do you think is a better edition for AG, a later EP leather bound or the Folio edition? I realize the hill house seems to be the holy grail, but don’t wanna pony up for that just yet.

My Mood
    Angelic

And if anyone hereabouts has an Absolute Sandman Volume 1 signed to Frank, would love to reaquire it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?
    As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.
    Yeah, seems like HH and Folio are the best editions one can get.

Loving the Anansi Boys Folio edition. So beautiful.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

That Folio Edition is really great right! The Anansi looks really cool. Have not purchased that (or read it). Good?

seeking: anything DT #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Angelic

So...how many posts do I need to make before mods don’t have to approve each one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast