+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123
Results 3,051 to 3,054 of 3054

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Citizen of Gilead swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Hey guys. Had a couple queries.

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?
    As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.
    That Folio Edition is really great right! The Anansi looks really cool. Have not purchased that (or read it). Good?

seeking: anything DT #246
    ANANSI BOYS is a great read! Not as epic, or as wonderful as AG, but- most books aren't. Yes, the Folio edition of ANANSI is probably even better than their killer AG- it's stunning.

Traveler Cabobard is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Angelic

Do all posts have to be approved, or I am stuck in newb land?

Demon of the Prim kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Hey guys. Had a couple queries.

(1) Was wondering your general impressions on the Easton Press edition of American Gods, whether it's an edition worth getting. Not crazy about the design, but leatherbound is leatherbound, maybe?
    As a long-time customer of Easton Press (and an American Gods fan)- I bought it. And, promptly sold it. I have a love/meh relationship with Easton, and this one definitely fell into the latter camp. Yes, leatherbound is leatherbound- as you say. And, I agree. To a point. When Easton does.. something, anything unique and more importantly- proprietary with their books- I'm a big fan. When they just give it the generic cookie-cutter design, with no extra content- even when signed- I'm out. Leatherbound, or no. What I mean by proprietary is something like their DEAD ZONE, or KING IN YELLOW where the cover stamping motif is an organic part of the book, and if there is any ancillary material inside, even better. Certainly their oversize slipcased Deluxe Editions fit this criteria, but it's only certain "regular" series titles that seem to get any individual attention to details. When they do- I support those.

If you have both the Hill House & Folio editions- you have the best available editions of this fine and important novel. I'd recommend having both of those, for sure. They are each light years better than the Easton.
    That Folio Edition is really great right! The Anansi looks really cool. Have not purchased that (or read it). Good?

ANANSI BOYS is a great read! Not as epic, or as wonderful as AG, but- most books aren't. Yes, the Folio edition of ANANSI is probably even better than their killer AG- it's stunning.
    Look forward to the read and the Folio purchase. They look they compliment each other well.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz has much to be proud of lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES - great design, great textures on the book, nice art, and I LOVE the spiderweb design on the page edges!
    Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

The Citadel of the Autarch, #100
    Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123