Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1309

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is there a name for this set, whether official or commonly used, so that I can keep it straight? It is difficult to find your way around with so many variations (and the George R.R. Martin thread is making my head spin).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a name for this set, whether official or commonly used, so that I can keep it straight? It is difficult to find your way around with so many variations (and the George R.R. Martin thread is making my head spin).
    There isn't really. It's just the slipcased gift edition (of the 2014 re-release). They also share the same ISBN as the trade and PB editions.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Final burst of questions about these and then I promise to leave you all alone:

The exteriors are great, but how are the interiors (illustrations (if any), features such as two-color printing (if any), etc.)? I haven't seen pictures online.

Are the books heavy (I like me a heavy book)?

Are these only (initially) available through the link in my post above (which is a UK link)? I was not able to find them on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or the conventional Bloomsbury website and just wondering if this should be considered "the source."

Is it known how large the runs are for the 4 on that site; are they expected to sell out (soon)? I'd like to round them up for my daughter, and though it needn't be all at once, I'd hate to build her a collection that's missing one because I timed it wrong etc.

FWIW, I don't care a bit if they are 1st printings or 100th, as long as they are the same general product.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are not illustrated (other than stars on the chapter headers) but have illustrated end pages, a ribbon marker, linen covered boards with gilt stamping - no dust jackets. They are nice quality and relatively heavy for their size. They are UK printings which is why you can't find them on the US sites/stores.

I got mine thru the Book Depository with free shipping.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Harry-.../9781408869130

http://www.bookdepository.com/Harry-.../9781408869123

http://www.bookdepository.com/Harry-.../9781408865262

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone in the market for Tales of Beedle the Bard set:

Checking here first before going to Ebay with it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Anyone in the market for Tales of Beedle the Bard set:

Checking here first before going to Ebay with it.

Mulleins
    Pm sent

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have a sorcerers stone uncorrected US proof I am looking to sell. PM me if interested!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

For UK peeps.... Jim Kay is giving a talk and signing session at The house of illustration in London on October 4th. Free, but very limited tickets:

http://www.houseofillustration.org.u...g-harry-potter

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bloomsbury, in addition to the more inexpensive ones listed above by becca69, offers a higher-end line that is larger and illustrated:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Harry-...?ref=bd_recs_1

Does anyone out there have any of this line? Just wondering how nice they are, given the ~$150 price point (high for me, but potentially doable for my daughter).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have the philosophers stone St. Troy - it's huge and a really gorgeous production. The price point is high but I think these may be worth a little more some day.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

thanks!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Bloomsbury, in addition to the more inexpensive ones listed above by becca69, offers a higher-end line that is larger and illustrated:

Does anyone out there have any of this line? Just wondering how nice they are, given the ~$150 price point (high for me, but potentially doable for my daughter).
    Although these editions are completely different. The one's I listed are the deluxe for the re-released HC books, not the illustrated editions (of which there is a trade version).

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you look a few pages back I posted some photos of it and the standard illustrated edition for size reference.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Although these editions are completely different. The one's I listed are the deluxe for the re-released HC books, not the illustrated editions (of which there is a trade version).
    I really wished these would have been issued signed by the illustrator. If they had been, I would certainly have jumped on them.

PS: If anyone is attending the Jim Kay signing and have a illustrated 1st trade of Philosopher's Stone to be signed, please let me know.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have made a few small updates to my HP collection. Thanks to Ralph here I now own a copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard Limited edition as well as a 1/1 US print and 1/1 UK print.

In addition he also added in a cool item I did not know existed called "What's your story". It is a post card collection of very short stories by famous authors with one by J.K. Rowling set in the HP world.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So over the last few months I have been working on a very large project. First here is a little background.
    Harry Potter was one of the first series that really got me into reading, as each on came out I would read a little more each year until now when I read almost 20 books a year while working full time. Since I have such a large respect for this series I decided to get my original set of HP books rebound. I tried to pay an homage to the originals trying to stay close to the original color scheme of the 7 books with some nice flair here and there as well as a very distinctive look.
    Since I am lazy and have not done the photos of all the books yet you just get a teaser of book 1.

So I present to you,
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Original Cover.
    Half Bound red cloth over purple paper boards with teal end papers.

Rebound book:
    Three Quarter Bound Red leather with Purple paper boards and Teal marbled end sheets.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Josh! I dig it. Congrats.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats sweet

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    So over the last few months I have been working on a very large project. First here is a little background.
    Harry Potter was one of the first series that really got me into reading, as each on came out I would read a little more each year until now when I read almost 20 books a year while working full time. Since I have such a large respect for this series I decided to get my original set of HP books rebound. I tried to pay an homage to the originals trying to stay close to the original color scheme of the 7 books with some nice flair here and there as well as a very distinctive look.
    Since I am lazy and have not done the photos of all the books yet you just get a teaser of book 1.

So I present to you,

Original Cover.

Rebound book:
    Three Quarter Bound Red leather with Purple paper boards and Teal marbled end sheets.

Looks nice! I guess that you are planning to do a similar rebinding for the other 6 or 7 books?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

So I present to you,

Original Cover.

Rebound book:

Looks nice! I guess that you are planning to do a similar rebinding for the other 6 or 7 books?
    Already did . Been working on photographing them last night. Trying to get them all uploaded today.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So here is number 2

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Original Cover.
    Half Bound green cloth over blue paper boards with red end papers.

Rebound book:
    Three Quarter Bound Green leather with Blue paper boards and Red marbled end sheets.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will say this one deviated from the original a little because they struggled to find the right colors.
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Original Cover.
    Half Bound purple cloth over teal paper boards with orange end papers.

Rebound book:
    Three Quarter Purple leather with Blue Turquiose boards and Orange marbled end sheets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast